Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market By Product (Actual Sugars, Sugar Alcohols, and Artificial Sweeteners), Type (Powders/Granules, Direct Compression Sugars, Crystals, and Syrups), Functionality (Fillers & Diluents, Flavoring Agents, Tonicity Agents), Formulations (Oral Formulations, Parenteral Formulations, Topical Formulations), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market
Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market accounted to USD 935.5 million in 2018 constantly growing at a CAGR of 4.4% and expected to reach about 1320 million during the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
Market Definition: Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market
The inert substances that are used with the active pharmaceutical ingredients for the preparation of the final formulation of the drug are known as pharmaceutical excipients. Also, it called as bulking agent, diluent or filler. It can be natural or synthetic in nature. Sugar based excipients are added in oral formulations for taste masking purposes. It is used in cough syrups and antibiotics, to increase the patient acceptability.
- The rise in bioavailability and solubility with active pharmaceutical ingredients are the major factors that drive the market
- Increase in the demand for generic drugs due to patent expiration is one of the drivers
- Lesser number of FDA-approved manufacturing industries hinders the market
- The ability of sugar-based excipients which are approved from regulatory hampers the market
- Change in focus from pharmaceutical manufacturing to emerging nations provides various opportunities
Segmentation: Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market
- Actual Sugars
- Sugar Alcohols
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Direct Compression Sugars
- Fillers & Diluents
- Flavoring Agents
- Tonicity Agents
- Oral Formulations
- Parenteral Formulations
- Topical Formulations
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Roquette acquired a majority of shares in Crest Cellulose. The formation of this joint-venture will strengthen Roquette’s position as a major supplier to the pharmaceutical industry and a global leader in superior natural-based pharmaceutical excipients.
- On April 3rd 2019, The Lubrizol Corporation launched its multifunctional, 2-in-1 rheology modifier, Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer. This recent development provides rheology modification, as well as light to medium styling hold. It will reduce or eliminate the need for Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) or fixatives.
Competitive Analysis: Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market
Global sugar-based excipients market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sugar-based excipients market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global sugar-based excipients market are Roquette Frères (France), DFE Pharma (Germany), BASF SE (Germany), Ashland Inc. (U.S.), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), MEGGLE AG (Germany), Associated British Foods Plc (U.K.), Cargill, Inc. (U.S.), Colorcon, Inc. (U.S.), FMC Corporation (U.S.),The Lubrizol Corporation (U.S.), MB Sugars & Pharmaceuticals (India), Citron Scientific (India), Harshad Agencies (India), Emilio Castelli (Italy), New Zealand Pharmaceuticals Limited (New Zealand), IMCD Pharma (Spain), Pfanstiehl, Inc. (Europe) among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sugar-Based Excipients Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also, market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global sugar-based excipients market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds the highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at the country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)