Global Traveler's Diarrhea Treatment Market By Drugs Class (Anti-Motility Agents, Antibiotics and Others), Drugs (Lomotil, Imodium, Pepto-Bismol, Rifaximin and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Traveler's Diarrhea Treatment Market
Traveler's diarrhea treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR of 7.4% in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The report contains data of the base year 2019 and historic year 2018. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing cases of traveler’s diarrhea; which is boosting the traveler’s diarrhea treatment market.
Market Definition: Global Traveler's Diarrhea Treatment Market
Traveler's diarrhea is a digestive tract disorder characterized by an intestinal infection that generally occurs when a person consume contaminated food and water. This infection generally spreads through intestinal pathogens contracted while traveling where here the climatic conditions and sanitary practices are different from their home. Symptoms include loose stools, abdominal cramps, nausea and vomiting.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, travelers’ diarrhea (TD) is the most prevalent and predictable travel related illness worldwide. The prevalence rate ranges from 30% to 70% of travelers globally, depending on the destination and season of travel.
- Worldwide growing tourism is accelerating the market growth for traveler's diarrhea treatment
- Unhealthy lifestyle of people will drive the market growth in the forecast period
- Poor sanitation in developing and underdeveloped countries is acting as catalyst to market growth
- Rise in the healthcare expenditure globally will also boost the market growth
- Lack of awareness amongst people regarding sanitation in developing nations as well as underdeveloped nations will restraint the market growth
- Side effects of the drugs such as constipation and headache may hamper the market growth
- Unavailability of skilled professionals will restrict the market growth for traveler's diarrhea treatment
Global AIDS Treatment Market Scope and Market Size:
Traveler's diarrhea treatment market is segmented of the basis of drugs class, drugs, route of administration, distribution channel and end user. The growth among these specific segments will help users analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and difference in your target markets.
Based on drugs class, the traveler's diarrhea treatment market is segmented as anti-motility agents, antibiotics and others.
Based on drugs, the traveler's diarrhea treatment market is segmented as lomotil, imodium, pepto-bismol, rifaximin and others.
Based on the route of administration, the traveler's diarrhea treatment market is segmented into oral, parenteral.
Based on the distribution channel, market is segmented as hospital pharmacy, online pharmacy, retail pharmacy.
Based on end user, the traveler's diarrhea treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others
Global Traveler's Diarrhea Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Kuwait, Rest of Middle East and Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Key Developments in the Market
- In November 2018, COSMO PHARMACEUTICALS received the U.S FDA approval for Aemcolo (rifamycin), an antibacterial drug indicated to treat adult patients with travelers’ diarrhea which is caused by noninvasive strains of Escherichia coli (E. coli). The approval of Aemcolo can potentially change the treatment landscape and offers complete treatment for millions of people each year.
- In February 2019, Dr. Falk Pharma GmbH is developing SV-MMX (Rifamycin), an antibacterial drug indicated for the treatment of adult patients with travelers’ diarrhea. If trial gets successful, it will provide the potential treatment for patients suffering from travelers’ diarrhea across the globe
Traveler's diarrhea treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of traveler's diarrhea treatment for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the traveler's diarrhea treatment market are Bayer AG, Merck & Co., Inc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Novartis AG, Valneva SE, Shanghai United Cell Biotechnology Co.,Ltd, PaxVax, Inc, Immuron, Salix Pharmaceuticals, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd, Eli Lilly and Company, Delcath Systems Inc, BridgeBio Inc, Incyte Corporation, Agios, Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Traveler's Diarrhea Treatment Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global traveler's diarrhea treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.