Global Women’s Health Market By Product Type (Devices, Drugs, Pharmaceutical Pipeline), Treatment Type (Hormonal Treatment, Non-Hormonal Treatment, Surgeries), Diagnosis (Bone Densitometry, Diagnostic Imaging Tests, Biopsies, Ovulation Testing, Others), Disease Indication (Cancer, Reproductive Health, Hypothyroidism, Post-Menopausal Syndrome, Urological Disorders, Others), End-Users (Hospitals & Clinics, Gynecology Centers, Research Institutes, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Women’s Health Market
Global women’s health market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 4.96% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increased concerns by the governments of various regions to promote better healthcare services for women amid increasing prevalence of women-centric diseases like breast cancer, menopause and others.
Market Definition: Global Women’s Health Market
Women’s health includes all of the therapeutics, drugs, surgical offerings precautionary measures for the various disorders associated with the women population. These disorders vary from nutrition, oncology, reproductive, menopause, urological as well as other healthcare applications. Women’s health is focused on providing better management of diseases and improving the overall health of women population.
- Increasing prevalence of preventing women related health disorders by the population and authorities is expected to promote the market value
- Rise in the levels of research & development initiatives undertaken by various manufacturers in providing better healthcare services for women is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Lack of qualitative healthcare services for women from the under-developed regions of the world is expected to provide better areas for growth of the market value
- Changes in the lifestyle of individuals coupled with bad nutritional intake are factors driving the growth of the market
- Expiration of certain patents of pharmaceuticals is expected to hamper the growth of the market
- Large financial costs associated with the clinical services is expected to act as a restraint to the growth of the market
- Certain side-effects associated with the usage of these drugs is also expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Women’s Health Market
By Product Type
- Intra Uterine Devices
- Vaginal Rings
- Female Condoms
- Menopause Drugs
- Menopausal Hot Flashes Drugs
- Pharmaceutical Pipeline
By Treatment Type
- Hormonal Treatment
- Estrogen Therapy
- Progestin Therapy
- Combination Therapy
- Thyroid Replacement Therapy
- Parathyroid Hormone Therapy
- Non-Hormonal Treatment
- Targeted Therapy Drugs
- Bone Densitometry
- Diagnostic Imaging Tests
- Ovulation Testing
By Disease Indication
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Reproductive Health
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Post-Menopausal Syndrome
- Urological Disorders
- Urinary Incontinence
- Uterine Fibroid
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Gynecology Centers
- Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, AbbVie Inc. announced that they had agreed with ALLERGAN to acquire the assets available with ALLERGAN for approximately USD 63 billion. This acquisition is a strategic step for the organizations as the combined capabilities will provide vast areas of applications for the pharmaceuticals organizations as well as driving the innovations in the applicable market. This acquisition will also provide cash injection into the operations which will provide more areas for revenue generation.
- In February 2018, CVC VI announced that they had formulated a new company known as Theramex that will deal with providing products, therapeutics to the women population for treatment of contraceptives, fertility, menopause and osteoporosis. The company will be situated in London, England. The operational offerings available at the company’s disposal include assets acquired after the acquisition of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.’s women health offerings.
Global women’s health market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of women’s health market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global women’s health market are Eli Lilly and Company; Novartis AG; Pfizer Inc.; Merck & Co., Inc.; Novo Nordisk A/S; Amgen Inc.; Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; AstraZeneca; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Sanofi; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Bayer AG; Theramex; Agile Therapeutics; Blairex Laboratories, Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Ferring B.V.; Abbott; Enteris BioPharma; Evestra, Inc.; Gedeon Richter; HRA Pharma; JDS Therapeutics, LLC; Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.; Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Radius Health, Inc.; TherapeuticsMD, Inc.; Bausch Health; Vertical Pharmaceuticals, LLC; Veru Inc.; BD and AbbVie Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Women’s Health Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global women’s health market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)