India QuEChERS Market, By Extraction Methods (Original unbuffered Method, AOAC 2007.01 (Association Of Analytical Communities), EN 15662.2008 (European Norm), Pesticide (Carbendazim, Thiabendazole, Pyrimethanil, Cyprodinil, Diazinon, Pyrazophos, Chlorpyrifos, Others), End-user (Commercial Food Testing Laboratories, Food Manufacturers, Regulatory Agencies, Public And Private Auditing Companies, Others), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
QuEChERS stands for Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged and Safe. QuEChERS are an analytical approach for testing of multiple pesticides in a food product at once in a safe and easy. QuEChERS as the name suggests leaves little susceptible for errors while testing. It can be applied in a broad range of products such as fruits, vegetables, cereals & pulses and processed food products. With QuEChERS method, a direct connection can be established with liquid-chromatography and gas-chromatography for testing and analysis.
India QuEChERS market is expected to reach USD 129.71 million by 2026 and is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 3.1% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: India QuEChERS Market
The QuEChERS market is segmented into three notable segments such as Product type, Application and Geography
- On the basis of extraction methods, the market is segmented into Original Unbuffered Method, AOAC 2007.01 (Association of Analytical Communities) and EN 15662.2008 (European Norm)
- In August 2015, FICCI conducted a food test and revealed that 250- gm mid-day meal which is provided to students of South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) schools, contains 337.5 calories, which is below the required value of 450 calories
- On the basis of pesticide, the market is segmented into Carbendazim, Thiabendazole, Pyrimethanil, Cyprodinil, Diazinon, Pyrazophos, Chlorpyrifos and others
- In September 2016, Intertek received accreditation from Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development (APEDA) for testing of agricultural and processed food products for various residue and contaminations including pesticide in the country
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into Commercial Food Testing Laboratories, Food Manufacturers, Regulatory Agencies, Public & Private Auditing Companies and Others
- In January 2018, Gujarat laboratory received accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) for Testing and Calibration Laboratories for ISO/IEC 17025:2005
Competitive Analysis: India QuEChERS Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Anacon Laboratories, sigmatest.org, FICCI RESEARCH & ANALYSIS CENTRE, ANA LABORATORIES, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Gujarat Laboratory, CET Test House -CEG, AGRI BIOCHEM RESEARCH LAB, eDiscovery Automation Private Limited and among others.
- In January 2018, ANACON also became the first company in central India for providing analytical services for ISI mark for various products such as skimmed milk powder, packaged drinking water, milk powder and others and also received recognition from Bureau of Indian standards (BIS)
- In November 2017, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had launched the food regulatory portal for implementation of food laws in India. This move will help its testing laboratories and food manufacturers to gauge the pesticide contamination in a better way
Research Methodology: India QuEChERS Market
Primary Respondents: key industry participants, subject-matter experts (SMEs), C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants.