India Silicon Carbide (SiC) Market, By Product (Black and Green), Application (Metallurgy, Abrasives, Refractory, Electrical & Electronics, and Other), End-Use (Automotive, Aerospace, Military & Defense, Heavy Engineering, Consumer Electronics, Healthcare, and Others).
Market Analysis and Insights: India Silicon Carbide (SiC) Market
India silicon carbide (SiC) market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing at a CAGR of 10.8% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 69,062.88 thousand by 2028.
Silicon carbide elements are used in glass and non-ferrous metal melting, metal heat treating, float glass manufacturing, ceramic and electronic component manufacturing, and gas heater ignition flaming lighters. They are also used in refractory linings and heating elements for industrial furnaces in wear-resistant parts for pumps and rocket motors and semiconductor substrates for light-emitting diodes.
Increasing demand for silicon carbide (SiC) in the production of e-vehicles rise in adoption of fast-charging batteries have had a significant impact on the expansion of the market for Silicon carbide (SiC). Rapid increase in the number of R&D initiatives for improving battery chemistry, growing implementation of SiC devices in automotive and power devices, rising demand for efficient lithium-ion batteries in electric vehicles, and other consumer electronic devices are key determinants favoring the growth of the silicon carbide (SiC) market during the forecast period.
However, high cost of manufacturing silicon carbide products, and various challenges associated with the production of Li metal batteries, and inability to produce high quality graphene on a large scale at a low cost are expected to restrain the market growth. Whereas, availability of other substitutes, such as gallium nitride and rapid increase and degradation of silicon anodes are expected to challenge the growth of the Silicon carbide (SiC) market during the forecast period.
India Silicon Carbide (SiC) market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and end use. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product, India Silicon carbide (SiC) market is segmented into black and green. In 2021, the black segment is expected to dominate the market as black SiCs are light weight and have high resistance power.
- On the basis of application, the India Silicon carbide (SiC) market is segmented into metallurgy, abrasives, refractory, electrical & electronics, and other. In 2021, the abrasives segment is expected to dominate the market as abrasives are mostly used in the automobile sector.
- On the basis of end use, India Silicon carbide (SiC) market is segmented into automotive, aerospace, military & defense, heavy engineering, consumer electronics, healthcare, and others. In 2021, automotive sector is expected to dominate the market due to increase in the production of e-vehicles in India.
Grow In Demand for Smart Consumer Electronics
- In response to increasingly fierce competition in the industry, EMS providers are increasingly embracing innovative and advanced technologies along with an increased demand for SiC-based semiconductors. SiC is a wide-bandgap semiconductor that helps in the fast charging of elective vehicles and is energy efficient. The application of SiC-based semiconductors is increasing due to their high electric breakdown field, thermal conductivity in comparison to silicon which is driving its use in industrial operations and the consumer electronics industry.
Competitive Landscape and Silicon Carbide Share Analysis
India Silicon carbide (SiC) market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to India Silicon carbide (SiC) market.
The major market players engaged in the India Silicon carbide (SiC) market are Infineon Technologies AG, Saint-Gobain, Entegris, CUMI EMD, ESD-SIC Bv, Ferrotec (USA) Corporation, WASHINGTON MILLS, Sublime Technologies, abrasivegrit, SNAM Abrasives Pvt Ltd among others.
- In September 2017, CUMI EMD collaborated with A&G EXPO for the production of minerals in China. This has further enabled the company to increase its presence in Asia-pacific region.
- In May 2015, SNAM Abrasives Pvt Ltd took part in Nuremberg Stone Fair in Germany. This activity has helped the company to strengthen its position in European countries.
Customization Available: India Silicon Carbide (SiC) Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.