Middle East and Africa Infection Control Market, By Product (Sterilization Products, Cleaning and Disinfection Products, Personal Protective Barriers, Endoscope Reprocessing Products, Anti-Microbial Surfaces, Other Infection Control Products), Application (Surgical Instruments, Endoscopes, Ultrasound Probes, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales, Third Party Distributors), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Medical Device Companies, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Laboratories, Others), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Egypt, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Infection control market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.9% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 617.8 million by 2027 from USD 309.11 million in 2019. Growing early diagnosis rate is the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Infection control is a process to stop or prevent the spread of infections in the healthcare industry. Infection control is an activity process for eliminating the microorganisms from all types of surfaces as well as from the objects. Infectious diseases had a profound effect on medieval life. The main infectious diseases were malaria, dysentery, typhus, scarlet fever, typhoid fever, measles, yellow fever, cholera, smallpox, diphtheria, influenza and tuberculosis. Public health initiatives increased after World War II, and the cases of measles, tuberculosis, peripheral sepsis, diphtheria and tuberculosis decreased even before the release of antibiotics.
Growing prevalence of hospital acquired infection, increasing geriatric population, growing demand of surgical procedures and strategic initiatives by the government are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the infection control market in the forecast period.
However, lack of unskilled labor and apprehensions concerning the safety of reprocessed instruments are expected to hamper the infection control market growth in the forecast period.
The infection control market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Infection control market is categorized into four notable segments which are based on the basis of product, application, distribution channel and end user.
- On the basis of product, the infection control market is segmented into sterilization products, cleaning and disinfection products, personal protective barriers, endoscope reprocessing products, anti-microbial surfaces and other infection control products. In 2020, sterilization products segment hold the highest market share due to the growing need to reduce surgical site infections (ISO), strict sterilization rules, and the extensive use of sterilizers in various applications such as sterilization of medical devices, sterilization of food and beverages, pharmaceutical sterilization and sterilization in the life sciences industry.
- On the basis of application, the infection control market is segmented into surgical instruments, endoscopes, ultrasound probes and others. In 2020, surgical instruments segment has been accounted for the largest share of infection control market. The increasing prevalence and burden of HAIs and chronic diseases, the growing geriatric population and the increasing number of surgeries are the main factors driving the use of surgical instruments, which has spurred the demand for effective cleaning and disinfection.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the infection control market is segmented into direct tender, third party distributors and retail sales. In 2020, the direct tender segment dominates the infection control market because direct tenders have the largest market share as most of the service providers purchase the devices from the manufacturers, and noticed that direct sales revenues are higher which is influential and growing in the infection control market.
- On the basis of end user, the infection control market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, medical device companies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, laboratories and others. In 2020, hospitals segment is growing mainly due to the increase in the prevalence of HAI and rising geriatric population as this segment of the population is more susceptible to various chronic diseases. The increasing number of surgeries is also contributing significantly to the growth of the infection control market for hospitals segment.
Infection Control Market Country Level Analysis
Infection control market is categorized into four notable segments which are based on the basis of product, application, distribution channel and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in infection control market report are the South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is expected to grow in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 as the country is also booming due to the increasing number of companies, R&D capabilities and the increasing demand for infection control products.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Product Launch by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Infection Control Market
Infection control market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with infection control sales, impact of advancement in the infection control and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the infection control market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Infection Control Market Share Analysis
Infection control market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to infection control market.
The major players covered in the report are 3M, Ecolab, Stryker, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Getinge AB, Cantel Medical, COLTENE Group, MELAG Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG and among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies which are also accelerating the infection control market.
- In May 2020, Getinge AB launches superfast indicators to further ensure patient safety. The new Superfast 20 indicators are compatible with most of the brands of steam and hydrogen peroxide processes sterilizers and comply with ISO 11138. This product launch will help the company to grow its share in global patient safety market.
- In April 2019, Cardinal Health today announced the acquisition of mscripts, a company that delivers patient adherence and engagement solutions through an innovative, easy-to-use mobile and web based health management platform. This will help the company to support patient adherence to prescriptions and improve overall health results.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in infection control market which also provides the benefit for organization to improve their offering for infection control.
Customization Available: Middle East and Africa Infection Control Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.