Middle East and Africa Vertical Farming Market, By Growth Mechanism (Hydroponics, Aeroponics, Aquaponics), Structure (Shipping Containers, Building Based), Type (Biopesticides, Biofertilizer, Biostimulants), Crop Type (Leafy Green, Pollinated Plants, Nutraceutical Plant), Application (Indoor, Outdoor), Component (Lighting, Hydroponic Component, Climate Control, Sensors), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Egypt, Israel and rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Vertical Farming Market
The vertical farming market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 20.7% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,063.01 million by 2028. Growing production of biopharmaceutical products is acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
Vertical farming is a method of processing food such as in a skyscraper, used factory or shipping container done in vertically stacked layers. Indoor farming methods and controlled-environment agriculture (CEA) technologies are used for modern vertical farming concepts where all environmental conditions can be controlled.
Pollution has major economic consequences in terms of health, lack of productivity, health care costs and disruption to the environment, hence, the growing concerns regarding pollution free environment is driving the growth of the vertical farming market. The limited variety of crops involved in vertical farming lead to economic feasibility which hinders the growth of the vertical farming market. The increasing utilization of IoT sensors in crop production has provided with the ample opportunities for the growth of the vertical farming market. The rising maintenance of air circulation in vertical farming is acting as a major challenge for the vertical farming market.
This vertical farming market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the vertical farming market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa Vertical Farming Market Scope and Market Size
The vertical farming market is segmented on the basis of the growth mechanism, structure, type, crop type, application and component. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of growth mechanism, the vertical farming market is segmented into hydroponics, aeroponics and aquaponics. In 2021, hydroponics segment is dominating in the vertical farming market because it is widely used in vertical farming as it involves growing plants in nutrient solutions that are free of soil.
- On the basis of structure, the vertical farming market is segmented into shipping containers and building based. In 2021, shipping containers segment is dominating in the vertical farming market as various vegetables are grown such as leafy green vegetables, gourmet, mushroom and strawberries.
- On the basis of type, the vertical farming market is segmented into biopesticides, biofertilizer and biostimulants. In 2021, biopesticides segment is dominating in the vertical farming market due to increasing use of microbial pesticides that help in controlling many kinds of pests even though each separate active ingredient is relatively specific for its target pest.
- On the basis of crop type, the vertical farming market is segmented into leafy green, pollinated plants and nutraceutical plant. In 2021, leafy green segment is dominating in the vertical farming market because of wide usage for growing vegetables such as basil, cilantro or chives, fruits, herbs, pharmaceutical plants among others.
- On the basis of application, the vertical farming market is segmented into indoor and outdoor. In 2021, indoor segment is dominating in the vertical farming market as the modern ideas of vertical farming use indoor farming techniques and controlled-environment agriculture (CEA) technology where all environmental factors can be controlled.
- On the basis of component, the vertical farming market is segmented into lighting, hydroponic component, climate control and sensors. In 2021, lighting segment is dominating in the vertical farming market because it helps to grow plants at faster rate.
Vertical Farming Market Country Level Analysis
Vertical farming market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, growth mechanism, structure, type, crop type, application and component as referenced above.
The countries covered in vertical farming market report are South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Egypt, Israel and rest of Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is dominating the Middle East and Africa region for vertical farming market due to limited availability of land for agriculture as the region is desert area.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Adoption of Led For Indoor Lighting
Vertical farming market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in vertical farming and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the vertical farming market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Vertical Farming Market Share Analysis
Vertical farming market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Middle East and Africa vertical farming market.
The major players covered in the report AGM Services, ZipGrow Inc., Signify Holding, OSRAM GmbH among others domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of vertical farming market.
- In October 2020, ZipGrow Inc.’s ZipFarm technology was recently installed in Urban Fresh Farm’s facility in U.A.E. Urban Fresh Farms, Dubai’s newest indoor vertical hydroponic farm has used ZipGrow’s technology for producing pesticide free fresh herbs and leafy greens for the local market. With this installation of technology in Dubai based company will help company to expand their business in other regions and acquire more customers.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for vertical farming through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Middle East and Africa Vertical Farming Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.