North America Collagen Market, By Product Type (Gelatine, Hydrolysed Collagen, Native Collagen, Collagen Peptide, Others), Type (Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV), Form (Powder, Liquid), Source (Bovine, Poultry, Porcine, Marine, Others), Product Category (GMO, Non-GMO), Functional (Texture, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Finding, Others), Application (Food Products, Beverages, Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Animal Feed, Laboratory Tests, Others) Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Collagen market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 4.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 790.67million by 2028. Increasing demand of beverages among consumers is a driving factor for the market growth.
Collagen are kind of fibrous components which are extracted from the bones, tendons, ligaments as well as skin of various kinds of animals such as pigs, cats, fishes among others. The collagen is used in the manufacturing of different kinds of medicines which helps in curing the heart diseases as well as provides relief from the joint pain. The collagen is also used in cosmetics that moisturize the skin, decrease wrinkles and strengthen the skin. It has wide range of application in food products, beverages, dietary supplements and several others.
The major restraint which has been found is the increased risk of allergies which can be transmitted from animal sources restraining the growth of the collagen market. Along with it the stringent rules and regulation regarding the use of food additives is the problem for the manufacturers in the manufacturing of the innovative collagen products. So, the manufacturers are focusing on innovative processing techniques in order to produce innovative products that help in coping up with the restrain of the global collagen market. The factors driving the growth of collagen market are increases in demand for essential oils from the personal care and pharmaceutical industry, rises in demand for collagen from food supplementary industry, increase in consumer acceptance of natural products for healthy living and increase in awareness related to the health benefits of collagen whereas high cost of production may restrain collagen market growth.
This collagen market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Collagen market is segmented on basis of product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into gelatine, hydrolysed collagen, native collagen, collagen peptide and others. In 2021, the gelatine segment is expected to dominate the market as it is the most basic collagen product type.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into type I, type II, type III and type IV. In 2021, the type I segment is expected to dominate the market as it is sourced from by-products of food industry available at low costs.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2021, powder segment is dominating the market as powdered collagen helps in maintaining the food taste.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bovine, poultry, porcine, marine and others. The bovine segment is further segmented into cattle, buffaloes, yak and others. In 2021, the porcine segment is expected to dominate the market as the product derived, from pig skin and bones, is available at low cost.
- On the basis of product category, the market is segmented into GMO and non-GMO. In 2021, the non-GMO segment is expected to dominate the market as the product is due to the concerns of consumers regarding harmful effects of genetically mutated food products.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into texture, stabilizer, emulsifier, finding and others. In 2021, the stabilizer segment is expected to dominate the market as collagen as stabilizer has smooth texture, and promotes no water separation.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food products, beverages, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements, cosmetics and personal care, animal feed, laboratory tests and others. In 2021, the food products segment is expected to dominate the as the product is widely used in jams, jellies, soups, sauces, and bakery products.
North America Collagen Market: Country Level Analysis
Collagen market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America collagen market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
U.S. is expected to dominate the market due to growing acceptance for collagen in variety of applications as dietary supplements. Furthermore, Canada is dominating due to growing food industry in the country that is highly utilizing collagen as one of the food ingredients.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Collagen
North America collagen market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in collagen and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the North America collagen market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and North America Collagen Market Share Analysis
North America collagen market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America collagen market.
Some of the major players operating in the Collagen Market are Ashland, DSM, Collagen Solutions Plc, Rousselot, GELITA AG, Advanced BioMatrix Inc., COBIOSA, ConnOils LLC, ET-Chem, Ewald-Gelatine GmbH, Gelnex, Holista Colltech, ITALGELATINE S.p.A., Jellagen, Juncà Gelatines SL, KENNEY & ROSS LIMITED MARINE GELATIN, Lapi Gelatine Spa, Nippi. Inc.,PB Leiner, WEISHARDT, Vital Proteins LLC, Norland Products, Amicogen, Inc., Titan Biotech, SMPNutra.com and among others.
North America collagen market is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as collaboration, recognition, agreements and others to increase their footprints in the collagen market.
- In July 2021, Geltor introduced a bioactive collagen called PrimaColl made from zero animal inputs and having high purity. The plant based product is made for use in food & beverage industry
- In June 2020, Nestlé announced agreement to acquire majority stake in Vital Proteins considering the rising demand for the product. The company’s decision was driven by growing use of the product in nutrition sector
Customization Available: North America Collagen Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.