North America Contraceptive Devices Market By Product Type (Male Contraceptive Devices, Female Contraceptive Devices), Technology (Hormonal Contraceptives, Barrier Contraceptives), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Clinics, Online Channel, Public Channel & NGOs, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: North America Contraceptive Devices Market
North America contraceptive devices market is registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the initiatives taken by government and NGO’s about contraceptives and regular advancement in technologies is contributing to the market growth
Market Definition: North America Contraceptive Devices Market
There were various initiatives taken by the government which had driven the growth for contraceptive devices. These devices are used to avoid pregnancy by the use of medical devices, medicines, and surgical methods. The sexually transmitted diseases are also prevented by the use of it. It may be temporary or permanent and accessible to males and females accordingly. Permanent techniques include women's sterilization and men's sterilization Hormonal and non-hormonal are temporary techniques. These are available in the hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, clinics and online channels.
- Various innovations and technological advancements are driving the growth of the market
- The numbers of initiatives taken by the government is helping to grow the market
- Allowance for contraceptive device on the regular basis drives the market growth
- Surging initiatives and support by various NGO’s is fueling the market growth
- The improper family planning is propelling the market growth
- The increase in the pelvic inflammatory disease due to the use of contraceptive devices are restraining the market growth
- The rising cases of infertility hinders the growth of the market
- The high cost associated with the treatment is restricting the market growth
Segmentation: North America Contraceptive Devices Market
By Product Type
- Male Contraceptive Devices
- Female Contraceptive Devices
- Female Condoms, Diaphragms & Sponges
- Vaginal Rings
- Intrauterine Devices
- Sub-dermal Implants
- Hormonal Contraceptives
- Barrier Contraceptives
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Channel
- Public Channel & NGOs
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2018, TherapeuticsMD Inc. had received the US FDA approval of ANNOVERA which is reversible & procedure-free birth control prescription and patient-controlled. It is a soft flexible ring which can control the ovulation for the period of a year which can be removed and inserted by the women in a cycle. The approval for the product had expanded the customer base in the USA.
- In July 2018, Lupin had launched Norgestimate and ehtinyl estradiol generic oral contraceptive tablets in the U.S. markets after receiving nod from the US FDA. The tablet will prevent the pregnancy. The tablet will be available in the 0.18mg, 0.215mg, and 0.25mg. The launch will expand the product portfolio in the U.S. market.
North America contraceptive devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of contraceptive devices market for U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the North America contraceptive devices market are Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, Janssen Global Services, LLC, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Mylan N.V., ALLERGAN, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Veru Inc., Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Medisafe Distribution Inc., CooperSurgical Inc., Mayer Laboratories, Inc., Agile Therapeutics Inc., Lifestar Pharma LLC, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, and Cipla Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: North America Contraceptive Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of North America contraceptive devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)