North America Encoder Market, By Type (Rotary and Linear), Product Type (Non Contacting and Contacting), Output (Digital and Analog), Size (31 mm - 70 mm, Less than 30 mm, 71 mm - 100 mm and More than 100 mm), Design (Hollow Shaft Encoders and Solid Shaft Encoders), End User (Industrial, Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Printing, Food & Beverages, Oil & Gas, Consumer Electronics, Textile and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Encoder market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 1,146.53 million by 2027. Increasing demand for data center colocation is one of the prominent factors that drive growth of the market.
There are many prominent companies like Rockwell Automation, Inc., OMRON Corporation, Renishaw plc and many others that are building its own encoder which is driving the market growth. Increasing demand of small sized encoder is augmenting the market growth.
Encoders are sensors which are used various machines to provide feedback and motion control. It converts mechanical motion to electrical signals which gets collected in motion control system. It is used to determine position and direction along with its speed. Encoders are mainly distributed into two types, linear and rotary.
Linear encoder is used in case of a linear path and rotary is used in case of a rotational path. Both the encoders have a wide variety of uses in various industry verticals like automotive, aerospace, packaging, textile and many more. They can also be customised based on requirements. These encoders are mainly used to automate and streamline various operations.
This encoder market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Encoder market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on type, product type, output, size, design and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the encoder market has been segmented into rotary and linear. In 2020, the rotary segment is dominating the encoder market owing to increased demand from the industrial automation purpose. The accuracy and speed management capabilities are helping the segment to dominate the encoder market.
- On the basis of product type, the encoder market has been segmented into non contacting and contacting. In 2020, non-contacting segment is dominating the encoder market owing to strong penetration in the market for wide range of applications. The accuracy offered by the encoders comparing to contacting encoders is helping the segment to grow.
- On the basis of output, the encoder market has been segmented into digital and analog. In 2020, digital segment is dominating the encoder market owing to the increasing digitalization of the machinery, plants and other equipment. The digital signal offers enhanced performance results for the better position application.
- On the basis of design, the encoder market has been segmented into hollow shaft encoders and solid shaft encoders. In 2020, hollow shaft encoders have the largest market share as it is more versatile and more flexible to install. In addition to it, they also prevent deformations from shocks and vibrations and do not need extra couplings to adapt to mechanical tolerances.
- On the basis of size, the encoder market has been segmented into 31 mm - 70 mm, less than 30 mm, 71 mm - 100 mm and more than 100 mm. In 2020, 31 mm – 70 mm segment dominates the encoder market due to the increase in the adoption of 31 mm – 70 mm size encoder by industrial and automotive applications.
- On the basis of end-user, the encoder market has been segmented into industrial, automotive, aerospace, medical, printing, food & beverages, oil & gas, consumer electronics, textile and others. In 2020, industrial segment has been accounted for the largest market share due to enhancement in rapidly growing technologies such as robotics and automation. Moreover, compact size and low cost feedback along with its ability to integrate in new and existing applications is further accelerating the growth of encoders in various industries.
Encoder market is analysed and market size information is provided by type, product type, output, size, design and end user.
The countries covered in the North America encoder market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. is dominating the encoder market due to strong hold of the encoder for the high end automation is demanding the growth of the market. Canada in North America encoder market is growing with strong rate owing to strong demand for magnetic encoders. Mexico is also coping up in the market owing to strong penetration in the market for wide range of applications.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Small Sized Encoders amongst the Industries
Encoder market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for encoder, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the encoder market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Encoder Market Share Analysis
Encoder market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to encoder market.
The major players covered in the report are Rockwell Automation, Inc., Dynapar (a subsidiary of Fortive), OMRON Corporation, Baumer, ifm electronic gmbh, Sensata Technologies, Inc., FAULHABER MICROMO, LLC, Pilz GmbH & Co. KG, Hans Turck GmbH & Co. KG, Hengstler GmbH (a subsidiary of Fortive), POSIC SA, Micronor LLC (a subsidiary of Photon Control Inc.), Wachendorff Automation GmbH &Co. KG, Renishaw plc, HEIDENHAIN, Celera Motion (a subsidiary of Novanta Inc.), maxon motor ag, FRABA B.V., Pepperl+Fuchs SE and SIKO GmbH and among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In February 2020, Rockwell Automation, Inc. company introduced new encoder for the customers to improve the productivity. A new Allen-Bradley 843ES CIP Safety encoder is introduced by the company which offers improved visibility, productivity and efficiency with reduced design times. Through this, the company strengthened their product portfolio for the market.
Partnership, acquisition and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for encoder.
Customization Available: North America Encoder Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.