North America Long Read Sequencing Market, By Technology (Single- Molecule Real- Time Sequencing, Nanopore Sequencing, Synthetic Long Read Sequencing and Others), Product (Instruments, Consumables and Services), Application (Whole Genome Sequencing, Epigenetics, RNA Sequencing, Complex Population, Targeted Sequencing and Others), Workflow (Pre-Sequencing, Sequencing, Data Analysis), End-User (Academic & Research Institutes, Clinical Laboratories, Hospitals, Pharma & Biotech Entities, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
North America long read sequencing market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 23.2% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 2,584.97 million by 2027 from USD 497.91 million in 2019. The increasing prevalence of genetic disorders like cystic fibrosis in North America and increasing R & D expenditure are some of the factors which are aiding to the growth of the market.
Long read sequencing also referred to as third generation sequencing. This is a technology in which DNA molecules are sequenced directly in real time and because of this direct sequencing, the long reads are generated. These sequencing reactions are carried out without the use of PCR amplification often. Long read sequencing majorly includes two techniques such as single molecule real time (SMRT) sequencing and nanopore sequencing. Long read sequencing market has increased with increasing application in clinical sequencing & analysis and advancement in third-generation long-read sequencing techniques as compared to the past few years.
Long read sequencing market has increased with increased advancement in third generation sequencing as compared to the past few years and increasing prevalence of degenerative bone diseases.
- In March 2017, Lexogen GmbH has launched the quantitative RNA-Seq service for profiling of gene expression. This offers very cost effective platform for cost-efficient and accurate gene expression profiling with the help of next generation sequencing. This strengthened the product portfolio of the company.
The rising awareness for the long read sequencing also increases the market value as the long read sequencing have repeatedly proven its high rates of effectiveness in whole genome sequencing and whole exome sequencing among more.
Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative long read sequencing and expected to provide various other opportunities in the long read sequencing market. However, high cost of long read sequencing procedures is expected to restraint the market growth as to get approvals is difficult.
The long read sequencing market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Long read sequencing market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on basis of technology, product, application, workflow, end-user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of technology, the long read sequencing market is segmented into single-molecule real-time sequencing, nanopore sequencing, synthetic long read sequencing and others. In 2020, single- molecule real- time sequencing is dominating the market because it helps to achieve high accuracy due to longer text lengths. In addition, SMRT does not require amplification during sample preparation. Thus, it has been adopted by researchers to expand repeat genomic regions and integrate genomes.
- On the basis of product, the long read sequencing market is segmented into instruments, consumables and services. In 2020, consumables holds the largest portion of the market in order to perform genome sequencing, end users have to regularly collect intervals as they are used to run multiple sequences. For instance, a single SMRT is used according to cell sequencing reactions. The service department is expected to display the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- On the basis of application, the long read sequencing market is segmented into whole genome sequencing, epigenetics, RNA sequencing, complex population, targeted sequencing and others. In 2020, whole genome sequencing is dominating the market due to the SMRT reads can detect structural variants in the human genome that were previously missed by short-read technologies.
- On the basis of work flow, the long read sequencing market is segmented into pre-sequencing, sequencing and data analysis. In 2020, sequencing is dominating the market due to the presence of many biotechnology institutes that explore molecular biology and genome sequencing methods. Accordingly, the increasing use of sequential analysis methods by research, academic workshops and on-site bioinformatics courses offered by universities is expected to encourage academic research departments.
- On the basis of end-user, the long read sequencing market is segmented into academic & research institutes, clinical laboratories, hospitals, pharma & biotech entities and others. In 2020, academic & research institutes dominates the market due to the presence of numerous biotechnology institutes that explore molecular biology and genome sequencing methods. Accordingly, the increasing use of sequence analysis methods in research, academic workshops and on-site bioinformatics courses offered by universities is expected to encourage academic research departments.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the long read sequencing market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2020, direct tender is dominating the market as most of the service providers buy the devices from manufacturers, and it is noticed that revenue from direct sales is higher, so it is influential as well as growing in the market.
Long read sequencing market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on basis of technology, product, application, workflow, end-user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in long read sequencing market report are the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
- In the North America market, the U.S. is dominating the North America long read sequencing market due to large number of companies, R&D capabilities and growing adoption of sequencing procedures. North America holds major share in the long read sequencing market due to the presence of major market players, approval of genomic tests and increasing adoption of the genomic tests for the disease diagnosis. Canada is the second dominating country due to increased R&D investments in the region followed by Mexico.
- In August 2019, LOOP GENOMICS launched de novo Bacterial Genome Assembly kits and service using long-reads on Illumina sequencers. This product launch increased the product portfolio of Loop Genomics which will increase its demand in market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Product Launch, Product Expansion and Acquisitions in Long Read Sequencing is creating new opportunities for these organizations in North America Long Read Sequencing Market
Long read sequencing market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in sequencing industry with long read sequencing sales, impact of advancement in the long read sequencing and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the long read sequencing market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Long Read Sequencing Market Share Analysis
Long read sequencing market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to long read sequencing market.
The major players covered in the report are Illumina, Inc., Oxford Nanopore Technologies, PerkinElmerInc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Novogene Corporation, Macrogen, Inc., GENEWIZ Inc. (A subsidiary of Brooks Automation, Inc.), Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc., Takara Bio Inc., Roche Sequencing (A subsidiary of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd), Universal Sequencing Technology (UST), QIAGEN, BioCat GmbH, LOOP GENOMICS, BGI, Lexogen GmbH, Promega Corporation, Agilent Technologies, Inc, and Quantapore, Inc. and among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the long read sequencing market.
- In February 2020, Promega Corporation has launched the Wizard HMW DNA Extraction Kit for the scientists working with large genomic DNA fragments. Through this kit, researchers are able to get DNA fragments that will offer better performance in long read sequencing applications in a 90-minute protocol. Thus, making the company’s product portfolio better, attractive and advanced.
Clinical study data sets, authorization, collaboration, acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the long read sequencing market also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for long read sequencing.
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.