North America Newborn Screening Market By Test Type (Dried Blood Spot Test, Hearing Screen Test, Critical Congenital Heart Diseases (CCHD) Test), Product Type (Instruments, Reagents and Assay Kits), Technology (Tandem Mass Spectrometry, Hearing Screen Technology, Pulse Oximetry Screening Technology, Immunoassays and Enzymatic Assays, Electrophoresis, DNA-Based Assays), Disease Type (Critical Congenital Heart Diseases, Newborn Hearing Loss, Sickle Cell Disease, Phenylketonuria (PKU), Cystic Fibrosis (CF), Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Others), End User (Hospital, Paediatric Clinics, Clinics), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
North America market for newborn screening is considered to be one of the most expanding markets in the global healthcare industry. Newborn screening is the testing that diagnoses harmful and fatal disorders in newborns which can adversely affect their long term health. The newborn screening tests can detect around thirty metabolic and genetic diseases and some common are phenylketonuria (PKU), congenital hypothyroidism (CH), galactosemia (GAL), and sickle cell disease. Increased government initiatives to aware people regarding newborn screening are playing a vital role in expansion of newborn screening market. Newborn screening is a mandatory test in over 60 countries including U.S.
North America newborn screening market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: North America Newborn Screening Market
North America newborn screening market is segmented into five notable segments which are test type, product type, technology, disease type and end user.
- On the basis of test type, the market is segmented into dried blood spot test, hearing screen test, critical congenital heart diseases (CCHD) test.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into instruments, reagents & assay kits.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into tandem mass spectrometry, hearing screen technology, pulse oximetry screening technology, immunoassays and enzymatic assays, electrophoresis, DNA-based assays.
- On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into phenylketonuria (PKU), cystic fibrosis (CF), sickle cell disease, newborn hearing loss, critical congenital heart diseases, maple syrup urine disease, others.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into pediatric clinics, hospital, clinics.
Competitive Analysis: North America Newborn Screening Market
Some of the major players operating in the North America newborn screening market are PerkinElmer Inc., Natus Medical Incorporated, Trivitron Healthcare, Baebies, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Danahar, Hill-Rom Services Inc., Intelligent Hearing Systems, Interacoustics A/S, Masimo, Medtronic, Otodynamics Ltd, Vivosonic Inc., ZenTech S.A., among others.
- In September 2019, Baebies, Inc. attended a symposium organised on Study of Inborn Error Metabolism. The company will discuss about its product Seeker. It will help in enhancing the market share and market value of the company.
- In June 2019, Interacoustics A/S modified Sera and HearSIM by incorporating it with distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAE). With this modification Sera combines DPOAE, TEOAE and automated ABR screening in a single handheld rechargeable device. This improvement in the product enhances the product portfolio of the company.
- In December 2017, Interacoustics A/S modified Sera by incorporating it with distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAE). With this modification Sera combines DPOAE, TEOAE and automated ABR screening in a single handheld rechargeable device. This improvement in the product enhances the product portfolio of the company.
Research Methodology: North America Newborn Screening Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Doctors, Nurses, Research Institutes and Medical Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.