North America Plastic Bottles and Containers Market By Raw Material (Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE), High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and Polypropylene (PP)), Technology (Injection Molding, Stretch Blow Molding, Extrusion, Thermoforming and Others), Capacity (Less Than 100 ml, 100-500 ml, 500-1000 ml, 1000-1500 ml, 1500-2000 ml and more than 2000 ml), Appearance (Transparent and Coloured), Neck Finish (1 to 4, 300 to 360, 400 & 400 m, 405 & 405 m, 410 & 410 m, 415 & 415 m, 420 to 485, 490 & 490 m, 495 & 495 m, 500, 530 & 530 m, 535 to 655, 665 & 665 m, 710 to 2000, 2010 & 2010 m, 2020 & 2020 m, 2030 & 2030 m, 2035 to 3140, 3150 & 3150 m, 3160 & 3160 m and above 3160), Neck Type (Three Start, Double Start, PCO 1881, PCO 1810, PCO Hybrid, BPF, ROPP (Without Collar), Liqor Neck, Fridge Bottle Neck, CTC/BERI and Others), Shapes (Boston Round, Square, Oval, Oblong, Wide Mouth, Cosmo Round, Cylinder, Narrow Mouth, Specialty and Others), End-User (Food and Beverages, Healthcare, Personal Care & Cosmetics, Household, Automotive and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Plastic Bottles and Containers market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 4.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 53,568.15 million by 2027. Growing consumption of non-alcoholic beverages in the U.S. boosts the demand of plastic bottles and containers in the region.
The U.S. is dominating due to growing consumption of bottled water and also the people are shifting towards healthy drinks which require bottles to be packaged.
This plastic bottles and containers market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Plastic Bottles and Containers Market Scope and Market Size
North America plastic bottles and containers market is segmented of the eight notable segments which are based on the basis of raw material, technology, capacity, appearance, neck finish, neck type, shapes and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of raw material, the market is segmented into (PET), low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and polypropylene (PP). In North America, Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) dominates in the market as most of the bottles which are produced in the North America region are from the raw material PET and also it is more durable and breakage resistant as compared to other materials.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into injection molding, stretch blow molding, extrusion, thermoforming and others. Injection molding dominates in the North America region as it provides high efficiency as compared to other technologies. During the high pressure in the moulding process, complex and intricate shapes can be manufactured very easily.
- On the basis of capacity, the market is segmented into less than 100 ml, 100-500 ml, 500-1000 ml, 1000-1500 ml, 1500-2000 ml and more than 2000 ml. More than 2000 ml of capacity is dominating in the North America region as the consumption of beverages is increasing very rapidly in the U.S. Also, the bottle which has the capacity of 2000ml is very large in size which consumes maximum amount of raw material as compared to other capacities.
- On the basis of appearance, the market is segmented into transparent and coloured. Transparent is dominating in the North America region as the material PET is widely used in the production of transparent bottles and these bottles and containers can handle colours and there will be no impact on the product which is packed in the transparent bottle.
- On the basis of neck finish, the market is segmented into 1 to 4, 300 to 360, 400 & 400 m, 405 & 405 m, 410 & 410 m, 415 & 415 m, 420 to 485, 490 & 490 m, 495 & 495 m, 500, 530 & 530 m, 535 to 655, 665 & 665 m, 710 to 2000, 2010 & 2010 m, 2020 & 2020 m, 2030 & 2030 m, 2035 to 3140, 3150 & 3150 m, 3160 & 3160 m and above 3160. 300 to 360 dominate in the North America region because it is mostly available in the bottled water which is consumed very rapidly in the North America region as compared to other neck finish.
- On the basis of neck type, the market is segmented into three start, double start, PCO 1881, PCO 1810, PCO hybrid, BPF, ROPP (without collar), liqor neck, fridge bottle neck, CTC/BERI and others. Three start bottles are dominating due to their major application in baby bottles as they are suitable for feeding the babies and it also provides comfort.
- On the basis of shapes, the market is segmented into boston round, square, oval, oblong, wide mouth, cosmo round, cylinder, narrow mouth, specialty and others. Cylinder dominates the North America region as most of the plastic bottles are produced in the form of cylinder only as compared to other shapes and as the demand of beverages is increasing in the region, the demand of cylinder bottled drinks will also grow in the region.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into food and beverages, healthcare, personal care & cosmetics, household, automotive and others. Each segment is further sub-segmented based on raw material into polyethylene terephthalate (PET), low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and polypropylene (PP). Food & Beverages is dominating the North America market as the consumption of food and beverages has been increased substantially in the region since people are becoming more health–conscious and demand more natural and organic products. In spite of having fruits and vegetables, people are shifting towards healthy diets such as energy drinks, juices which increase the demand of food and beverages in the region. Also, the usage of bottles and containers for packaged foods has been increased which further boosts the food and beverage industry in the region.
Plastic Bottles and Containers Market Country Level Analysis
North America plastic bottles and containers market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, raw material, technology, capacity, appearance, neck finish, neck type, shapes and end-user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the plastic bottles and containers market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
The U.S. is dominating as the consumption of food and beverages has been increased very rapidly in the country. Also, the people of the country are looking to ingest healthy drinks such as bottled water and plant based beverages which boosts the demand of bottles and containers in the country. Followed by U.S., the plastics bottles and containers market is also growing in Canada because of rising per capita income and purchasing power of the people in the country. Mexico is the third growing country because the country itself is on a developing stage. Thus, the market is growing at a slow pace in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Advancement in Multi-Layer Technology for Bottling Equipment & Machinery
North America plastic bottles and containers market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for plastic bottles and containers market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the plastic bottles and containers market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Plastic Bottles and Containers Market Share Analysis
North America plastic bottles and containers market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America plastic bottles and containers market.
The major players covered in the report are Illing Company, Dahl-Tech, Inc, Us Pack Group, Dash Packaging Inc, Canyon Plastics Inc., MJS Packaging, Berry Global Inc., Graham Packaging Company, Ontario Plastic Container Producers Ltd., Alpack Plastics Inc., Plastipak Holdings, Inc., Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, Kaufman Container, Amcor plc, shopfls, Containers Plus, Green Bay Plastics, Genesis Industries, Inc., IGH Holdings, Inc. (Inmark Packaging) and APEX Plastics among others domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited acquired a company in California, U.S. in December 2019 which is involved in recycling process. The company produces rPET flakes. It will help the company to expand its supply chain to the west coast and also assured that PET bottles are recycled and put to further applications
- Amcor plc acquired Bemis Company Inc. in June 2019 so that they can expand their scale of operations, increase their capabilities and strengthen their global footprint
Customization Available: North America Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.