South Africa Anticoagulant Market By Drug Class (Vitamin K Antagonist (Warfarin), Non-VKA Oral Anticoagulants (NOACS), Heparin & LMWH, Thrombin Inhibitors (Dabigatran)), Therapeutic Areas (Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Pulmonary Embolism (PE), Atrial Fibrillation, Heart Attack, Stroke, Unstable Angina, Hip Or Knee Replacement Surgery, Others), Route Of Administration (Oral, Parenteral), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Home Healthcare, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospitals Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Others)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights : South Africa Anticoagulant Market
Anticoagulant market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 82.01 million by 2027. Rising prevalence of venous thromboembolism and pulmonary embolism and growing number of surgeries are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Anticoagulant market comprises features such as strategic initiatives by market players will impact in launching new drugs by the manufactures into the market which enhance its demand as well as technological advancements has enhanced the demand of anticoagulant drugs. Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative and advanced anticoagulant drugs which expected to provide various other opportunities in the anticoagulant market. However, increasing government restriction expected to restraint the market growth in the forecast period.
The anticoagulant market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Anticoagulant Market Scope and Market Size
Anticoagulant market is segmented on the basis of drug class, therapeutic areas, route of administration, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you to analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of drug class, the anticoagulant market is segmented into vitamin K antagonist (Warfarin), non-VKa oral anticoagulants (NOACs), heparin & LMWH, thrombin inhibitors (Dabigatran). Vitamin K antagonist segment is expected to dominate the market as warfarin is most preferred anticoagulant in South Africa. As the warfarin is cost effective is mostly preferred over other anticoagulants in South Africa.
- On the basis of therapeutic areas, the anticoagulant market is segmented into deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), atrial fibrillation, heart attack, stroke, unstable angina, hip or knee replacement surgery, others. Deep vein thrombosis segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing prevalence of it which led to mortality and morbidity in South Africa.
- On the basis of route of administration, the anticoagulant market is segmented into oral and parenteral. Oral segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing demand of vitamin K antagonist which is mostly administered in oral form.
- On the basis of end user, the anticoagulant market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, home healthcare ambulatory surgical centers and others. Hospital segment is expected to dominate the market as hospitals are first point of contact for cardiovascular surgeries treatments and procedures.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the anticoagulant market is segmented into hospitals pharmacy, retail pharmacy, online pharmacy and others. Hospital pharmacy segment is expected to dominate the market as most of the patients visit hospital’s emergency room for treatment of severe cardiovascular disease, cancer among others and hence they used to buy medicine from hospital pharmacy.
Anticoagulant Market Country Level Analysis
Anticoagulant market is analysed and market size information is provided by drug class, therapeutic areas, route of administration, end user, and distribution channel.
The country covered in anticoagulant market report is South Africa.
The South Africa anticoagulant market is growing primarily due to increase in venous thromboembolism and pulmonary embolism. The availability of wide variety of treatments and presence of several companies focusing on development of anticoagulant drugs is also acting as significant growth factors for the market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as sales, product approvals, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of branded drug manufacturers and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from other generic drug manufacturers, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Number of Patients Requiring Lifelong Anticoagulation Therapy is Propelling the Market Growth
Anticoagulant market also provides you with detailed market analysis for South Africa country growth in anticoagulant industry with anticoagulant sales, impact of advancement in the anticoagulant and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the anticoagulant market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Anticoagulant Market Share Analysis
Anticoagulant market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to anticoagulant market.
The major players covered in the report are Sanofi, Fresenius Kabi AG (A subsidiary of Fresenius SE & Co KGaA), Aspen Holdings, Cipla Inc., Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Adcock Ingram among others among others.
DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch, approval, partnership and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the anticoagulant market.
- In December 2019, Bristol-Myers Squibb- Pfizer Alliance received safety and efficacy data related to Eliquis for the treatment of venous thromboembolism in patients suffering from active cancer. This efficacy data helped the company to provide physicians and patients with growing opportunity to treat venous thromboembolism that lead to more product sales.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the anticoagulant market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for anticoagulant.