South America Enteral Feeding Formulas Market, By Product (Standard Formulas, Disease Specific), Application (Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Oncology, Neurology, Diabetes, Others), Type of Tube Feeding (Gastric Tube Feeding, Nasogastric Tube Feeding, Gastrotomy Tube Feeding, Duodenal or Jejunal Tube Feeding), Stage (Adult, Pediatric), End User (Hospitals, Long Term Care Facilities), Country(Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Rest of South America) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026The enteral tube feeding is used in the administration of nutrients via intestine or stomach through tubes and this is applicable for those patients who are unable to meet the requirements of the nutrients or unable to consume nutrients orally. Various types of tubes are available for the enteral formulas feeding such as, nasojejunal tube, nasogastric tube, gastrostomy and jejunostomy.
These different routes which are used in the administration of the required nutrients are cost effective, safe and also an alternative option for invasive method. This method is mainly preferred by the patients dealing with malnutrition due to eating disorders such as dysphagia, anorexia nervosa, stomach infections and others.
South America Enteral Feeding Formulas Market is expected to reach at a CAGR of 5.7% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: South America Enteral Feeding Formulas Market
The South America enteral feeding formulas market is segmented based on products, , application, type of tube feeding, stage and end user.
- On the basis of products, the market is segmented into standard formulas and disease-specific formulas. Standard formulas are sub-segmented into polymeric and monomeric. Disease-specific formulas are sub-segmented into diabetic formulas, renal formulas, hepatic formulas, pulmonary formulas and others. Standard formulas segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2017, Real Food Blends announced the launch of New Breakfast Meal Featuring Eggs, Apples & Oats. This meal is available for the people who cannot eat orally. The launch of the product provides high nutrition profile to the consumers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into oncology, neurology, critical care, diabetes, gastroenterology and others. Critical care segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In June 2018, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc. (Japan) announced the launch of Racol-NF liquid which is used as enteral feeding through tubes also oral administration. Racol-NF liquid formula is enriched with the nutrients such as protein, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins, fats and trace elements depending on the intake by the patients.
- On the basis of type of tube feeding, the market is segmented into gastric tube feeding, nasogastric tube feeding, gastrostomy tube feeding and duodenal or jejunal tube feeding. Gastric tube feeding segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In June 2016, Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc announced the launch of Relizorb which is a digestive enzyme used for cystic fibrosis feeding through G-tubes. This Relizorb digestive enzyme helps patients who are incapable of breaking and digesting fats that are designed for adults with the cystic fibrosis (CF) and can be used for enteral nutrition.
- On the basis of stage, the market is segmented into adult and pediatric. Adult segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In September 2018, Group Danone announced the launch of a new product named OpTri bottle, which is a new concept of tube feeding and can be used for the Ultra High Temperature (UHT) treatment.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals and long-term care facilities. Long-term care facilities are sub-segmented into home care agencies and hospices, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Hospitals segment is growing at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In January 2015, Abbott announced the launch of new educational film for healthcare professionals, which involves the importance of the taste and their impact on the oral nutritional supplements and also improves outcome of the patients
Competitive Analysis: South America Enteral Feeding Formulas Market
Some of the prominent players operating in this market are Danone Nutricia, Hormel Foods, LLC, Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Nestlé, VICTUS, Global Health Products, Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Mead Johnson & Company, LLC., Abbott, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Medtrition, Inc. and Real Food Blends among others.
- In March 2018, Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., announced an agreement with Arysta LifeScience Corporation through which the company will be signing a license agreement for a new insecticide.
- In December 2017, Nestlé announced to acquire privately-held Atrium Innovations to develop the new nutritional products. The product range of the Atrium Innovations will enhance the portfolio of the company by enabling consumers to address their health and wellness goals.
- In August 2017, Abbott announced the partnership with the Changi General Hospital (CGH)which is supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board, to set up a Nutritional Health for the Elderly Reference Centre (NHERC) in Singapore.
Research Methodology: South America Enteral Feeding Formulas Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Doctors, Surgeons, Nurses, Researchers, Medical and Industrial Professionals, CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.