Turkey Rx Dry Eye Market By Product Type (Lubricant Eye Drops/Solutions, Emulsions, Eye Ointments, Autologous Serum Eye Drops, Nutrition Supplements, Others), Disease Type (Evaporative Dry Eye Syndrome, Aqueous Dry Eye Syndrome), Treatment Type (Lubricating Agents, Tear Stimulators, Artificial Tears, Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, Antibiotic Drugs, Others), End User (Home Healthcare, Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, Others) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Dry eye syndrome is a condition which has an increasing prevalence along with the increasing ages. It is around 50.0% more common in the women as compared to men. Dry eye if left untreated can lead to ulcers, pain, scars on the cornea or some loss of the vision. However, the permanent loss of vision due to dry eye is uncommon.
Dry eye syndrome is a multifactorial disease of the ocular surface and tears which results in the symptoms of visual disturbance, tear film instability and discomfort with potential damage of the ocular surface. Dry eye happens when the eyes do not produce the tears properly, or when the consistency of the tears is not correct and evaporates too quickly. The other terms for dry eye are dry eye syndrome, dysfunctional tear syndrome, keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), lacrimal keratoconjunctivitis, aqueous tear deficiency, LASIK-induced neurotrophic epitheliopathy (LNE) and evaporative tear deficiency.
Turkey Rx dry eye market is projected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Turkey Rx Dry Eye Market
Turkey Rx dry eye market is segmented into five notable segments which are product type, disease type, treatment type, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into emulsions, lubricant eye drops/solutions, eye ointments, nutrition supplements, autologous serum eye drops and others
- In May 2019, Johnson & Johnson Vision showcase their New Data and Innovations in Eye Careat the 2019 British Contact Lens Association Conference (BCLA) which was held in U.K. from 30th May and 1st June. This would help the company to focus on driving the transformational innovation for improving the vision performance and the comfort for patients across the world.
- On the basis of disease type, the market is segmented into evaporative dry eye syndrome and aqueous dry eye syndrome
- In June 2019, Allergan participated at the Jefferies 2019 Healthcare Conference which was held in New York on 6th June. This would help the company to enhance its customer base.
- On the basis of treatment type, the market is segmented into tear stimulators, lubricating agents, anti-inflammatory drugs, artificial tears, antibiotic drugs and others
- In December 2018, Alcon Inc. acquired Tear Film Innovations, Inc. (U.S.). The major advantage of this acquisition is that it will help Alcon to expand its product portfolio in ocular health products and thus expanded its patient base by providing treatment for dry eye syndrome.
- On the basis end user, the market is segmented into of home healthcare, hospitals, clinics and others
- In October 2017, Johnson & Johnson Vision showcased their innovations in the Surgical Vision at the ESCRS 2017 meeting in Portugal. This would help the company to showcase the patient centric innovation along with the launch of CATALYS System Mobile Patient Bed, iDESIGN Refractive Studio and the new dry eye medical device technology through the acquisition of TearScience.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into of hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies and others
- In December 2018, Allergan participated at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference which was held in California on 7th January. This would help the company to enhance its customer base.
Competitive Analysis: Turkey Rx Dry Eye Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., ALLERGAN, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Alcon Inc., Novartis AG among others.
- In May, Teva Canada Limited, a subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, launched Teva-Cyclosporine. It is a generic version of Allergen’s Restasis. The major advantage of this product launch is that it will help the company in growing its market share in the dry eye treatment as more than 29.0 % of Canada population suffers from the dry eye syndrome.
- In June 2018, Bausch + Lomb announced the launch of Soothe Xtra Protection (XP) Preservative Free lubricant eye drops by expanding the portfolio of the eye health products for meeting the rising demand for the dry eye symptoms relief without the usage of the preservatives. This will help the company to expand its product portfolio.
Research Methodology: Turkey Rx Dry Eye Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Distributors, Medical and Industrial Professionals. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and National Sales Managers.