U.S. At-Home Testing Kits Market, By Test Type (Pregnancy Test, HIV Test Kit, Diabetes, Infectious Diseases, Glucose Tests, Ovulation Predictor Test Kit, Drug Abuse Test Kit and Other Test Types), Type (Cassette, Strip, Midstream, Test Panel, Dip Card and Other Form Types), Age (Pediatric, Adult and Geriatric), Sample Type (Urine, Blood, Saliva and Others), Usage (Disposable and Reusable), Distribution Channels (Retail Pharmacies, Drug Store, Supermarket/Hypermarket and Online Pharmacies) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: U.S. At-Home Testing Kits Market
The at-home testing kits market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 5.70% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 2,871.49 million by 2028. Increasing health awareness among people is helping the at-home testing kits market to grow at significant rate.
At-home testing kits means testing instruments which help person to perform tests at home and give them rapid results in a minute. It also includes health monitoring equipment to continuously check and control the health of the diabetic patient. At-home tests are very convenient to perform with comfort at home and are available at very affordable rate. Self-tests are usually the advance versions of rapid, point-of-care test kits that were originally designed for healthcare professionals and can be performed by common person.
The rising adoption of self-help and do-it-yourself (DIY) test kits due to convenience and rapid results is a major factor which is driving the growth of the at-home testing kits market. There are doubts among end-users related to the reliability of the rapid home testing kits which might hinder the growth of the at-home testing kits market. It has become an urgent need of the companies to bring the rapid testing kits for COVID-19 to lower the death rate and increase the detection rate of patients and this is creating huge opportunity for the at-home testing kits market. The high competition in the market is a major challenge for the at-home testing kits market growth.
This at-home testing kits market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the at-home testing kits market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
At-Home Testing Kits Market Scope and Market Size
The at-home testing kits market is segmented on the basis of test type, type, age, sample type, usage and distribution channels. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of test type, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into pregnancy test, HIV test kit, diabetes, infectious diseases, glucose tests, ovulation predictor test kit, drug abuse test kit and other test types. In 2021, glucose tests segment augment the at-home testing kits market due to the increasing awareness of people towards staying healthy.
- On the basis of type, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into cassette, strip, midstream, test panel, dip card and other form types. In 2021, cassette segment dominates the overall at-home testing kits market as people are adopting self-tests to verify their health conditions at a convenience of home at low costs.
- On the basis of age, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into pediatric, adult and geriatric. In 2021, adult segment holds the maximum at-home testing kits market share as self-testing is very convenient, economical and it provides privacy to the person.
- On the basis of sample type, the at-home testing kits market has been segmented into urine, blood, saliva and other sample types. In 2021, urine segment dominates the at-home testing kits market as increasing the testing capacity and favourable government policies for self-tests are driving the segment growth.
- On the basis of usage, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into disposable and reusable. In 2021, disposable segment augments the at-home testing kits market due to the high prevalence of HIV which has fuelled the adoption of HIV self-test kits.
- On the basis of distribution channels, the at-home testing kits market is segmented into retail pharmacies, drug store, supermarket/hypermarket and online pharmacies. In 2021, retail pharmacies segment holds the strong share in at-home testing kits market due to the favourable government initiatives to increase awareness among people.
Rising Awareness for HIV Diagnosis
The at-home testing kits market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for at-home testing kits, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the at-home testing kits market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Market Share Analysis
The at-home testing kits market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, the U.S. presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to the U.S. at-home testing kits market.
The major players covered in the U.S. at-home testing kits market report are Abbott, ACON Laboratories, Inc., Rapikit, OraSure Technologies, Inc, BD, Cardinal Health, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Quidel Corporation, Bionime Corporation, SA Scientific, ARKRAY USA, Inc., Everlywell, Inc., Eurofins Viracor, Inc. (a subsidiary of Eurofins Scientific), Nova Biomedical, AdvaCare Pharma, Atlas Medical UK, LifeScan IP Holdings, LLC, Chembio Diagnostics, Inc., TaiDoc Technology Corporation, Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, AccuBioTech Co., Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Sensing Self, PTE. Ltd, RUNBIO BIOTECH CO.,LTD., Clearblue (a subsidiary of CLEAR BLUE TECHNOLOGIES INC.), PRIMA Lab SA, Mylan N.V. (a subsidiary of Viatris, Inc.), MP BIOMEDICALS, VedaLab and Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the at-home testing kits market.
- In November 2020, ACON Laboratories, Inc., a leading global provider of rapid tests, medical devices manufacturer has announced about the launch of its Flowflex SARS-COV-2 Antigen Rapid Test which is intended to help in the diagnosis of people who are suspected of active COVID-19 disease. This new launch will help company to expand their product portfolio and increase the revenue.
Product launch, acquisition and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for at-home testing kits through product portfolio of the companies.
Customization Available: U.S. At-Home Testing Kits Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.