U.S. Biofilms Treatment Market, By Wound Type (Traumatic and Surgical Wound, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Open Wound, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Leg Ulcer, Chronic Sinusitis, Burns, Dental Plaque, Others), Methods (Prevention, Killing, Debridement), Product (Gauzes and Dressings, Wipes, Pads and Lavage Solutions, Gels, Ointment and Spray, Grafts and Matrices, Debridement Equipment, Others), Treatment (Biofilm Disruptors, Antimicrobial Treatments, Antibiotic Medication, Photo Inactivation, Others), Route of Administration (Topical, Oral, Others), End User (Hospitals, Wound Care Centers, Clinics, Home Healthcare, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Pharmacies, Retail Sales, Others) Industry Trends & Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights : U.S. Biofilms Treatment Market
U.S. biofilms treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.0% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 704.41 million by 2027 from USD 394.82 million in 2019. Rising prevalence of chronic, surgical and traumatic wounds and increasing burn injuries, are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Biofilms are a collection of one or several microorganisms that can grow on the surface of liquids, solids, and living tissues such as plants and animals. After the period of growth, the microorganism produces a sticky substance known as EPS (extracellular polymeric substance). This EPS is a network of protein, sugar, and nucleic acids. These components provide a nutrient-rich environment to the microorganism that facilitates growth and form a network of biofilms on the injuries.
Biofilms can be treated using medicines and surgical procedures. Surgical procedures such as cleansing, debridement, and dressing, were mostly used. Moreover, there are other biofilms treatments including biofilms disruptors, antimicrobial treatments, antibiotic medication, and photo inactivation among others.
Biofilms treatment comprises features such as advancement in the health care industry of biofilms treatment will impact in launching a new product by the manufactures into the market which enhances its demand as well as favorable reimbursement for biofilm treatment products and procedures have enhanced the demand of biofilms treatment. Currently, various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative and advanced biofilms treatment products, which is expected to provide various other opportunities in the biofilms treatment market. However, high cost associated with debridement and failure of antimicrobial to penetrate the biofilm expected to restraint the market growth in the forecast period.
The biofilms treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an analyst brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The U.S. biofilms treatment market is categorized into seven notable segments which are based on the basis of wound type, methods, product, treatment, route of administration, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of wound type, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into a traumatic & surgical wound, open wound, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcer, dental plaque, chronic sinusitis, burns, and others. In 2020, the traumatic & surgical wound segment is dominating in the biofilms treatment market due to increasing cases of trauma accidents that lead to chronic traumatic injuries.
- On the basis of methods, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into prevention, killing, and debridement. In 2020, the prevention segment is expected to dominate the market as this is considered to be the first line of approach to prevent chronic wound injuries from biofilms attack.
- On the basis of product, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into debridement equipment, gauzes and dressings, gels, ointments and sprays, wipes, pads, and lavage solutions, grafts and matrices, and others. In 2020, gauzes and dressings segment expected to dominate the market as in case of minor injuries anti-microbial gauzes and dressings are used to prevent major biofilms attack.
- On the basis of treatment, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into biofilm disruptors, antimicrobial treatments, antibiotic medication, photo inactivation, and others. In 2020, biofilm disruptors are expected to dominate the market as these can break a strong biofilm network and hence are used for first line of defense for biofilms treatment.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into oral, topical, and others. In 2020, the topical segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing usage of gels, creams among others for carrying out wounds and dressings of injuries.
- On the basis of end user, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, home healthcare, ambulatory surgical centers, wound care centers, and others. In 2020, the hospital segment expected to hold the highest market share as a large number of patients visit hospitals in case of severe injuries as hospitals are well equipped with infrastructural developments.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the U.S. biofilms treatment market is segmented into direct tender, retail sales, pharmacies, and others. In 2020, direct tender is expected to dominate the market as procurement of treatment drugs and devices through direct tender is highly cost-effective as these are bought in bulk under terms of contract and services.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as sales, FDA approvals, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global branded product manufacturers and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Geriatric Population and Increasing Cases of Plastic Surgeries
Biofilms treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in biofilms treatment industry with biofilms treatment drugs and devices sales, impact of advancement in the biofilms treatment technology and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the biofilms treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Biofilms Treatment Market Share Analysis
Biofilms treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to biofilms treatment market.
The major companies which are dealing in the biofilms treatment are Smith+Nephew, ConvaTec Inc. (a subsidiary of ConvaTec Group PLC), Coloplast Group, Organogenesis Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG (a subsidiary of B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG), Zimmer Biomet, PulseCare Medical, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, HARTMANN USA, Inc. (a subsidiary of Hartmann AG), 3M, Sanara MedTech Inc., Misonix, Kerecis, Next Science Limited, MiMedx, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, and Medline Industries, Inc., among others.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the biofilms treatment market.
- In November 2020, Next Science Limited signed a partnership agreement with 3M for exclusive distribution of BlastX a gel used for biofilms treatment formed over the wounds. This distribution agreement helped the company to generate more revenue by enhancing its distribution capabilities.
- In September 2016, Convatec Inc. (A Subsidiary of ConvaTec Group Plc) launched AQUACEL Ag SURGICAL SP dressing used for prevention of biofilms formation over the chronic surgical wounds. This product launch helped the company to boost up its product portfolio.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the biofilms treatment market which also provides the benefit for organization to improve their offering for biofilms treatment.
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.