U.S. Cerebral Palsy Market, By Anatomical Classification (Bilateral, Unilateral), Type (Spastic Cerebral Palsy, Mixed Cerebral Palsy, Dyskinetic Cerebral Palsy, Ataxic Cerebral Palsy), Treatment (Medication, Therapy, Surgical Procedures), Drug Type (Branded, Generics), Population Type (Children, Adults), End User (Specialty Clinics, Hospitals, Home Healthcare, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Pharmacies, Others), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: U.S. Cerebral Palsy Market
U.S. cerebral palsy market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.7% in the forecast period and is expected to reach USD 1,313.89 million by 2028 from USD 764.09 million in 2020. The development of advanced products is the major factor driving the growth of the market in the U.S. Additionally, the U.S. has a rising cerebral palsy, among other disorders, due to which the demand for the product will increase for the treatment of C.P.
Cerebral palsy (C.P.) is a group of disorders that affect a person's ability to move and maintain balance and posture. C.P. is the most common motor disability in childhood. It is mainly caused by abnormal brain development or damage to the developing brain that affects a person's ability to control muscles. The primary symptoms people with C.P. have are movement and posture-related issues. Additionally, many also have conditions such as intellectual disability, seizures, problems with vision, hearing, or speech, changes in the spine (such as scoliosis), or joint problems (such as contractures).
The U.S. cerebral palsy market is growing significantly owing to a well-developed healthcare sector, and the rising prevalence of cerebral palsy in the U.S. will increase the market size in the forecast period. In contrast, the side effects of cerebral palsy medicines may hinder the growth of the market.
The rising healthcare expenditure may act as a lucrative opportunity for the U.S. cerebral palsy market. However, the complex etiology of cerebral palsy may act as one of the challenges of the market
Anemia in pregnancy Market Scope and Market Size
The U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented based on the anatomical classification, type, treatment, drug type, population type, end user, application, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
U.S. cerebral palsy market is categorized into seven notable based on anatomical classification, type, treatment, drug type, population type, end user, and distribution channel.
- On the basis of anatomical classification, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into bilateral and unilateral. In 2021, the bilateral segment is expected to dominate the market due to an increase in the prevalence of patients of bilateral cerebral palsy type and complications, which require professional aid.
- On the basis of type, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into spastic cerebral palsy, mixed cerebral palsy, dyskinetic cerebral palsy, ataxic, and ataxic cerebral palsy. In 2021, the spastic cerebral palsy segment is expected to dominate the market due to the high prevalence of cerebral palsy cerebral in the U.S., and also spastic C.P. is one of the most common cerebral palsy forms reported in the U.S. Thus, it will play a major role in driving this segment of the market the segment growth.
- On the basis of treatment, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into medication, therapy, and surgical procedures. In 2021, medication is expected to dominate the market due to the presence of branded as well as generic medications to manage patients with cerebral palsy conditions.
- On the basis of drug type, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, the branded segment is expected to dominate the market due to the strong product pipeline of the leading companies and their effectiveness and awareness among the people regarding the solutions available for cerebral palsy.
- On the basis of population type, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into children and adults. In 2021, the children segment is expected to dominate the market as more than half of the cases of cerebral palsy are found in children below the age of 18.
- On the basis of end user, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into specialty clinics, hospitals, home healthcare, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. In 2021, the specialty clinics segment is expected to dominate the market as it can diagnose the disease and can provide effective treatment with expert guidance for the C.P. patients to alleviate the symptoms.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented into direct tender pharmacies and others. In 2021, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market as it provides quality, easy, and accessible healthcare products. Additionally, direct tender provides the most competitive value from the marketplace.
U.S. Cerebral Palsy Market Country Level Analysis
The U.S. cerebral palsy market is segmented based on the anatomical classification, type, treatment, drug type, population type, end user, application, and distribution channel.
The cerebral palsy products segment in the U.S. is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of increasing awareness about cerebral palsy and the rising prevalence of cerebral palsy.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of U.S. brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Strategic Activities by Major Market Players To Enhance The Awareness For Cerebral Palsy Is Boosting the Market Growth Of U.S. Cerebral Palsy Market
The U.S. cerebral palsy market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players' strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and U.S. cerebral palsy Market Share Analysis
U.S. cerebral palsy market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to U.S. cerebral palsy market
The major companies which are dealing in the U.S. cerebral palsy are Aurobindo Pharma USA (a subsidiary of Aurobindo Pharma), Viatris Inc., Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (A subsidiary of Zydus Cadila), Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, AbbVie Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Apotex Inc., Jubilant Cadista (a subsidiary of Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd.), WOCKHARDT, Covis Pharma, VistaPharm, Inc., Elite Pharmaceuticals Inc., Lannett, GALDERMA, Par Pharmaceutical among others domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contracts and agreements are also initiated by companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the U.S. cerebral palsy market.
- In May 2020, AbbVie Inc. acquired Allergan, which is a global company that focuses on manufacturing products targeting neuroscience, urology among other medical fields. The acquisition allowed the company to enhance its therapeutic categories and strengthen the company's financial values, which ultimately accelerated the company's research and developmental activities
- In August 2020, Wockhardt and Biogetica had collaborated to conduct multidisciplinary conductance for remedies and strategies to combat COVID-19. The initiative by the company would result in increased awareness about the norms, protocols, and safety measures for the protection of staff against the virus. It would lead to positive growth in the market