U.S. Potato Chips Market, By Product Type (Baked, Fried, Dried And Others), Type (Extruded, Diced/Sliced, Others), Source (Russet Potatoes, Yellow Potatoes, White Potatoes, Red Potatoes, Purple Or Blue Potatoes., Fingerling Potatoes, New Potatoes And Others), Flavor (Regular, Single Flavor And Blended Flavor), Category (Organic And Conventional), Packaging Size(< 10 Oz, 10 -20 Oz, 20 – 30 Oz And > 30 Oz), Price(Regular And Premium), Packaging (Pouches, Bags, Cans, Cardboard Boxes And Others), Brand(Branded And Private Label), End User (Retail/Household And Food Service Sector), Distribution Channel (Store-Based Retailing And Non-Store Retailing) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: U.S. Potato Chips Market
The U.S. potato chips market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.2% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 12,361.06 million by 2028. Increasing demand for ready-to-eat snacks owing to busier lifestyle and availability of various flavors in potato chips will likely to drive the market growth.
Potato chips are commonly served as a snack, side dish, or appetizer. Basic chips are cooked and salted; additional varieties are manufactured using various flavorings and ingredients including herbs, spices, cheeses, other natural flavors, artificial flavors, and additives.
The chips packets are usually filled with nitrogen gas to prolong the chips' life or to avoid staling the food. In addition, crunchy sound made while eating the chips acts as a major factor driving the consumption as consumers find it attractive. Thus, the crunchier the chips, the more they are likely to be enjoyed by the consumers. Factors that are driving the growth of the U.S. potato chips market are increased consumption of snacks in the U.S., availability of various flavors of potato chips, cost effectiveness of potato chips, and consistent launches of a variety of potato chips. However, availability of other forms of snacking items may restrain the growth of the market.
The U.S. potato chips market report provides details of market share, new developments, and impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the hot fill packaging market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The U.S. potato chips market is segmented into eleven segments based on product type, type, source, flavor, category, packaging size, price, packaging, brand, end user, and distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into baked, fried, dried, and others. Dried is further segmented into sun dried and air dried. In 2021, fried segment is expected to dominate the market due to increase in consumption of fried potato chips owing to busy lifestyle of consumers. In addition, increase in demand for crispy snacking items also drives the segment.
- On the basis of type, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into extruded, diced, and others. Diced is further segmented into with skin and without skin. In 2021, diced segment is expected to dominate the market as consumers get various options in diced potato chips for example –with skin and without skin, which attracts the consumers and diced potato chips are less expensive as compared to others, which further drives the segment growth.
- On the basis of source, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into russet potatoes, yellow potatoes, white potatoes, red potatoes, purple or blue potatoes., fingerling potatoes, new potatoes, and others. In 2021, russet potatoes segment is expected to dominate the market owing to the health benefits of russet potatoes, such as improved heart, metabolism, bone health, and others.
- On the basis of flavour, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into regular, single flavor, and blended flavor. In 2021, regular segment is expected to dominate the market as consumers prefer simple and simply salted snacking items, which can help their hunger.
- On the basis of category, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into organic and conventional. In 2021, conventional segment is expected to dominate the market due to increase in demand for conventional potato chips in the U.S. as conventional potato chips are cheap and easily available as compared to organic chips.
- On the basis of packaging size, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into < 10 OZ, 10 -20 OZ, 20 – 30 OZ, and > 30 OZ. In 2021, < 10 OZ segment is expected to dominate the market as these potato chips are easily available in any retail store and in supermarket, thus it is easier for consumers to buy the product. Plus, the price of < 10 OZ sized potato chips is less as compared to others.
- On the basis of price, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into regular and premium. In 2021, regular segment is expected to dominate the market due to increase in demand for regular potato chips as consumers prefer the product with less price specially for snacking item to help their hunger.
- On the basis of packaging, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into pouches, bags, cans, cardboard boxes, and others. In 2021, pouches segment is expected to dominate the market as pouches are the most preferred form of packaging from consumers as they are easy to use, comfortable, and can fit in small spaces.
- On the basis of brand, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into branded and private level. In 2021, branded segment is expected to dominate the market as consumers prefer branded food products to ensure the quality of the food in order to stay safe and maintain the hygiene.
- On the basis of end user, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into retail/household and food service sector. In 2021, retail/household segment is expected to dominate the market as consumers buy snacking items from stores, supermarkets, and retail shops as they are easily available and affordable.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the U.S. potato chips market is segmented into store-based retailing and non-store retailing. In 2021, store based retailing segment is expected to dominate the market as consumers buy snacking items from stores, grocery stores, specialty stores, and wholesalers as they are easily available and affordable compared to online retailing.
Cost effectiveness of potato chips is boosting the market growth of potato chips market
U.S. potato chips market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and U.S. Potato Chips Market Share Analysis
U.S. potato chips market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to U.S. potato chips market.
Some of the major players operating in the U.S. potato chips market are Calbee North America, Frito-Lay North America, Inc. a Division of PepsiCo, Utz Quality Foods Llc, Martin's Snacks, Great Lakes Potato Chips, Herr Foods Inc., Kellogg NA Co., Wise Snacks, J.R. Simplot Company, Cape Cod Chips, Popchips, Siete Family Foods, Old Dutch Foods, Inc., Dieffenbach's Potato Chips and The Good Crisp Company, Inc. among others, domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many developments are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the potato chips market.
- In May 2021, Herr’s launched a mystery potato chip flavor with a chance for consumers to win USD 10,000. The company took three classic flavors and mixed them into one tasty chips to make one never-tasted-before flavour.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company footprints in the U.S. potato chips market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.
Customization Available: U.S. Potato Chips Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.