West Africa Cigarettes Market, By Type (Regular Cigarettes, Clove Cigarettes, Hand-Rolled Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, Flavoured Cigarettes, Menthol Cigarettes, High Low Tar Cigarettes, Natural/Herbal Cigarettes, Others), Format (Regular, Super Slim, Slim, King Size, Others), Pack Type (Boxes, Metal Cases, Others), Price (Economy, Premium), Age Group (18-30 Age Group, 31-44 Age Group, 45-60 Age Group, 61 And Above Age Group), Distribution Channel (Tobacconist Store, Newsstand, Retail Stores, Convenience Store, Drug Store, Specialty E-Cigarette Store, Others), End-User (Men And Women) Country (Nigeria, Ghana, Niger, Cote D’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina, Senegal, Mauritania, Guinea Conakry, Benin, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia and Bissau), Industry Trends And Forecast to 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: West Africa Cigarettes Market
West Africa cigarettes market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 3.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 26,238.92 million by 2028.
A cigarette is a narrow cylinder shape burnable material, which contains tobacco that is rolled into thin paper for smoking. The basic components of most cigarettes are tobacco, chemical additives, a filter, and paper wrapping. The growing number of adult smokers and increase in stressful lifestyles is leading to an increase in cigarettes demand. Moreover, cigarettes are heavily promoted in Africa. The advertisements present smoking as socially desirable by showing young, happy people and by relating it to manliness and success. Consumption of imported cigarettes is rising in many African countries. Some African countries are expanding tobacco agriculture so that they can fulfil their own local and global need for tobacco.
The growing number of smokers' hectic and stressful lifestyles is driving the market growth. The rising number of suppliers for raw materials for the production of cigarettes in the region is acting as a potential market driver for the market. Also, the increasing demand for clove cigarettes among the consumers in Africa is increasing the sales and profit of the players operating in the market. On the other hand, the rising serious illness and health-related issues after consumption of cigarettes is a restraint for the market.
The rising profits from the premium cigarette products are a new opportunity to bring revenues to the West Africa cigarettes market. However, growing cognizance among the consumers pertaining to healthy lifestyle post-pandemic could act as a challenge for the West Africa cigarettes market.
This West Africa cigarettes market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
West Africa Cigarettes Market Scope and Market Size
West Africa cigarettes market is segmented on the basis of type, format, pack type, price, age group, distribution channel and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the cigarettes market is segmented into regular cigarettes, clove cigarettes, hand-rolled cigarettes, e-cigarettes, flavoured cigarettes, menthol cigarettes, high low tar cigarettes, natural/herbal cigarettes, others. In 2021, the regular cigarettes segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market due to its easy availability, and along with that, it is cheaper as compared with the other types of cigarettes, which increases its demand.
- On the basis of format, the cigarettes market is segmented into regular, super slim, slim, king-size, others. In 2021, the regular segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market as products are accepted by a broader section of society, and it offers an optimal intake of nicotine.
- On the basis of pack type, the cigarettes market is segmented into boxes, metal cases, others. In 2021, the boxes segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market as it provides an easy packaging solution for the cigarette manufacturers, which makes boxes dominate in the region.
- On the basis of price, the cigarettes market is segmented into the economy, premium. In 2021, the economy price segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market because they are budget-friendly, due which they are accepted by a broader section of society which makes the economy price dominate in the market.
- On the basis of age group, the cigarettes market is segmented into the 18-30 age group, 31-44 age group, 45-60 age group, and 61 and above age group. In 2021, the 18-30 age group segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market as there is a constant rise in the smoking trend among teenagers in the region.
- On the basis of distribution channels, the cigarettes market is segmented into tobacconist stores, newsstands, retail stores, convenience stores, drug stores, specialty e-cigarette stores, others. In 2021, the tobacconist store segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market due to the widespread availability of stores in the region.
- On the basis of end-user, the cigarettes market is segmented into men and women. In 2021, the men segment is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market due to the growing male population in the region.
Cigarettes Market Country Level Analysis
West Africa market is analysed, and market size information is provided by country type, format, pack type, price, age group, distribution channel and end-user.
The countries covered in the cigarettes market report are Nigeria, Ghana, Niger, Cote D’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina, Senegal, Mauritania, Guinea Conakry, Benin, Togo, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia and Bissau.
Nigeria is expected to dominate the West Africa cigarettes market due to the increase in usage of tobacco products such as cigarettes among men. This also creates a large customer base in the region for the cigarettes market. Ghana is expected to dominate the men segment in West Africa cigarettes market due to the easy availability of tobacco products and the constant rise in the smoking trend among males.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of West Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in the Cigarettes industry
West Africa cigarettes market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in the installed base of different kinds of products for the cigarettes market, the impact of technology using lifeline curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios, and their impact on the cigarettes market. The data is available for the historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Cigarettes Market Share Analysis
West Africa cigarettes market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to West Africa cigarettes market.
The major players covered in the report are PANAFRICAN TOBACCO GROUP HOLDING Ltd., Altria Group, Inc., British American Tobacco, Philip Morris Products S.A., Imperial Brands, JT International SA, and Eastern Company SAE, Folha Manufactures, GULF TOBACCO, Khyber Tobacco Company, among other players domestic and regional. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In May 2018, Altria Group, Inc. announced a new business structure to maximize its core tobacco businesses with the establishment of two divisions – core tobacco and innovative tobacco products. With this development company is expecting to enhance its product portfolio
- In January 2021, British American Tobacco launched its first CBD vaping product, VUSE CBD Zone, in the e-cigarette category. With this development company is expecting to enhance its product portfolio