West Africa Shisha Tobacco Market, By Type (Strong Shisha Tobacco, Mild shisha Tobacco, Light Shisha Tobacco), Packaging (50 Grams, 100 Grams, 200 Grams, 250 Grams, 500 Grams, 1000 Grams), Flavour (Fruit, Mint, Chocolate, Caramel, Beverages, Blended Flavours), Product Type (10 Sticks Pack, Slim, Super Slim, Liquid), Distribution Channel (Direct, Indirect), Country (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and Rest of West Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: West Africa Shisha Tobacco Market
The West Africa shisha tobacco market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 3.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,722.89 thousand by 2028. Change in lifestyle of West African consumers and increasing acceptance of shisha tobacco among consumers’ acts as driver for the shisha tobacco market growth.
Shisha tobacco contains washed or unwashed tobacco leaves as a base ingredient, and it is mixed with molasses, glycerin, water, and different kind of flavours. Shisha tobacco is consumed through a water pipe or hookah apparatus. Shisha tobacco comes in various flavours such as fruit, mint, chocolate, beverages and others. Shisha tobacco is used for its relaxing and energizing effect. Shisha tobacco also comes in 3 different varieties, namely, strong shisha tobacco, mild shisha tobacco and light shisha tobacco. Generally light shisha tobacco are for beginners who want to indulge in laxative activities such as shisha smoking and strong shisha tobacco is used by the consumers who smokes shisha regularly and prefer the strong flavour.
The innovative and wide range of flavours in shisha tobacco offered by the manufacturers is appealing to consumers to try out different flavours. The rising adoption of shisha culture in nightclubs, cafes, bars are further driving the West Africa shisha tobacco market. The factors that are restraining the shisha tobacco market growth are the stringent government regulation on tobacco products and the rising ban on shisha tobacco.
Growing spending of West African consumers in smoking activity coupled with increase in online retailing trend acts as an opportunity for the shisha tobacco market. Availability of tobacco-free and nicotine-free shisha flavor acts as challenge for the shisha tobacco market growth.
The West Africa shisha tobacco market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Shisha Tobacco market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
West Africa Shisha Tobacco Market Scope and Market Size
The West Africa shisha tobacco market is segmented on the based on the type, packaging, flavor, product type and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the West Africa shisha tobacco market is segmented into strong shisha tobacco, mild shisha tobacco and light shisha tobacco. In 2021, the mild shisha tobacco segment has the largest market share due to factors such as rising demand for cool, mild and distinct flavor shisha tobacco among young consumers.
- On the basis of packaging, the West Africa shisha tobacco market is segmented into 50 grams, 100 grams, 200 grams, 250 grams, 500grams and 1000 grams. In 2021, the 250 grams segment has the largest market share due to factors such as the growing demand for shisha tobacco for regular use which can last for more sessions among regular shisha tobacco consumers.
- On the basis of flavour, the West Africa shisha tobacco market is segmented into fruit, mint, chocolate, caramel, beverages, and blended flavours. In 2021, the fruit segment has the largest market share due to factors such as rising demand of variety of fruit flavor including different exotic fruits among consumers.
- On the basis of product type, the West Africa shisha tobacco market is segmented into 10 sticks pack, slim, super slim and liquid. In 2021, the 10 sticks pack segment has the largest market share due to factors such as increasing demand for long lasting flavor which produces dense smoke among consumers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the West Africa shisha tobacco market is segmented into direct and indirect. In 2021, the indirect segment has the largest market share due to factors such as due to easy availability and accessibility of variety of flavors in shisha tobacco offered by nearby local stores, hypermarkets, specialty stores and others.
West Africa Shisha Tobacco Market Country Level Analysis
The West Africa shisha tobacco market is analyzed and market size information is provided by the country, type, packaging, flavor, product type and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the West Africa shisha tobacco market report are the Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo and rest of West Africa.
Guinea is expected to dominate the market due to the increased adoption of shisha tobacco among consumers and adopting different lifestyle activities such as clubbing and pubbing among consumers.
The type segment in Guinea country is expected to grow with the highest share in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of increasing demand for various flavor shisha tobacco among young consumers. The type segment in Sierra Leone is dominating the West Africa market owing to change in lifestyle and adaption of shisha tobacco among consumers is fueling the Shisha Tobacco market. Gambia is leading the growth of the West Africa market with highest CAGR and the type segment is dominating here due to increase adoption of water pipe or shisha among consumers coupled with rising demand of flavored tobacco products.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of West Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Number of Launches for Shisha Tobacco Products to Fulfill the Demand of Consumers is Boosting the Market Growth of West Africa Shisha Tobacco Market.
The West Africa shisha tobacco market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and West Africa Shisha Tobacco Market Share Analysis
The West Africa shisha tobacco market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Shisha Tobacco market.
The major companies which are dealing in the West Africa shisha tobacco market are JT International AG, SOEX, CapitalTobacco, FUMARI, Adalya Tobacco, ALWAHA-TOBACCO, Mazaya, Romman Shisha, Al Fakher, Alandalus Flavourd Tobacco and Molasses Co.L.L.C., Haze Toabcco, and MujeebSons among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contract, agreement and launches are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the West Africa shisha tobacco market.
- In October 2020, Adalya Tobacco launched 7 new shisha tobacco flavour named Adalya Angle Lips, Adalya Blue Orange, Adalya Delons, Adalya Exagelado, Adalya JK777, Adalya Mi Amor and Adalya Sky Fall.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company footprints in the Shisha Tobacco market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.