Preclinical imaging has emerged as a pivotal technique driving biological breakthroughs in the past decade. The advent of high-frequency micro-ultrasound, particularly in the post-genomic era, has revolutionized research in small animal models, offering cost-effective and rapid insights into normal development and disease conditions. This transformational shift underscores the substantial growth potential of the global preclinical imaging market. With escalating demand for comprehensive and non-invasive imaging solutions, the market is poised to experience significant expansion during the forecasted period, fueled by technological advancements and the imperative pursuit of scientific understanding.
According to Data Bridge Market Research, the Global Preclinical Imaging Market was valued at USD 910.4 million in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 1,529.49 million by 2029, registering a CAGR of 6.70% during the forecast period of 2022-2029.
“Heightened demand for advanced imaging techniques drive the market growth”
The heightened demand for advanced imaging techniques serves as a potent driver in the global preclinical imaging market. As scientific research and drug development demand precise visualization of biological processes, preclinical imaging techniques gain prominence. These technologies, including MRI, CT, PET, and optical imaging, enable researchers to non-invasively study anatomical, physiological, and molecular changes in living subjects. The pursuit of more accurate and comprehensive insights into disease models, therapeutic interventions, and drug efficacy propels the increased adoption of preclinical imaging, fueling market growth and innovation.
What restraints the growth of the global preclinical imaging market?
Stringent regulations pose a significant restraint in the global preclinical imaging market. Regulatory bodies enforce strict guidelines for safety, efficacy, and ethical considerations in preclinical research, leading to prolonged approval processes and increased compliance costs. These regulations, designed to ensure patient and animal welfare and accurate scientific outcomes, can impede the timely progression of preclinical imaging studies.
Segmentation: Global Preclinical Imaging Market
The preclinical imaging market is segmented on the basis of modality, reagents, and end users.
- On the basis of modality, the preclinical imaging market is segmented into optical imaging systems, preclinical nuclear imaging systems, micro-magnetic resonance imaging systems, micro-ultrasound systems, micro-computed tomography systems, preclinical photoacoustic imaging systems, and preclinical magnetic particle imaging (MPI) systems.
- On the basis of reagents, the preclinical imaging market is segmented into preclinical optical imaging reagents, preclinical nuclear imaging reagents, preclinical MRI contrast agents, preclinical ultrasound contrast agents, and preclinical CT contrast agents.
- On the basis of end users, the preclinical imaging market is segmented into hospital, diagnostics center, and others.
Regional Insights: North America dominates the Global Preclinical Imaging Market
North America leads the preclinical imaging market due to a robust landscape of established industry players and continuous technological advancements in molecular imaging. The region's focus on non-invasive small-animal imaging techniques aligns with growing market demand. Additionally, increased funding for preclinical research drives innovation and bolsters North America's dominant position in the global preclinical imaging sector.
Asia-Pacific is poised for substantial growth from 2022 to 2029, fueled by escalating funding initiatives supporting preclinical research. The region's emergence as a hub for preclinical studies attracts well-established market players, fostering innovation and collaboration. With a heightened focus on scientific advancement, Asia-Pacific is primed to witness noteworthy expansion in the preclinical imaging market during the forecast period, harnessing its potential for transformative medical research.
To know more about the study visit, https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/reports/global-preclinical-imaging-market
Recent Developments in Global Preclinical Imaging Market
- In March 2021, Veristat, a Massachusetts-based CRO, acquired SFL (Solutions for Life Sciences) of Switzerland, bolstering its European presence. This undisclosed acquisition grants Veristat access to SFL's knowledgeable team specializing in orphan diseases and oncology. The collaboration aims to integrate innovative treatments, including AI, diagnostics, and devices, expanding Veristat's capabilities and market reach across EU, UK, and Swiss healthcare systems.
- In February 2022, FUJIFILM VisualSonics joined forces with PIUR IMAGING, a leader in tomographic ultrasound imaging in Europe. The collaboration brings together ultra-high-frequency, three-dimensional ultrasound imaging technology for researchers and clinicians. Advancements in technology enhance clinical research in multiple areas such as MSK, vascular, dermatology, and neurology, providing a significant boost to diagnostic precision and medical insights.
The Prominent Key Players Operating in the Global Preclinical Imaging Market Include:
- PerkinElmer, Inc. (U.S.)
- Bruker (U.S.)
- FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation (Japan)
- Mediso Ltd. (Hungary)
- MILabs B.V. (Netherlands)
- MR Solutions (U.K.)
- LI-COR Inc., (U.S.)
- Aspect Imaging Ltd (Israel)
- TriFoil Imaging Inc., (U.S.)
- Danaher (U.S.)
- Siemens (Germany)
- Abbott (U.S.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., (Switzerland)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc (U.K.)
- EKF Diagnostics (U.K.)
- ?NIHON KOHDEN CORPORATION (Japan)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- Miltenyi Biotech (Germany)
Above are the key players covered in the report, to know about more and exhaustive list of global preclinical imaging market companies contact, https://www.databridgemarketresearch.com/contact
Research Methodology: Global Preclinical Imaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis are done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and estimated using market statistical and coherent models. In addition, market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, global vs Regional and Vendor Share Analysis. Please request analyst call in case of further inquiry.