Africa Point-Of-Care Diagnostics Market, By Type (Devices, Consumables and Kits, Software and Services, Accessories), Platform (Lateral Flow Assays /Immunochromatography Tests, Molecular Diagnostics, Immunoassays, Dipsticks, Microfluidics), End User (Professional Diagnostic Centers, Home Care, Research Laboratories, Other End Users), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales), Country (Kenya, Algeria, Nigeria, Morocco, Rwanda, Zambia, Uganda, Central African Republic, Chad, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Cameroon, Angola, Libya, DRC, Ghana, Malawi) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Africa Point-Of-Care Diagnostics Market
The Point of care diagnostics market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 5.7% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 816.12 million by 2028. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and rising preference for homecare testing are anticipated to drive the growth of the market.
The Point-of-care diagnostics is characterized as a testing which can be done in close proximity to the patient where a medical decision can be made immediately including the results and monitoring. Point-of-care diagnostics is also called with-patient testing and allows physicians to accurately measure real-time, lab-quality diagnostic results within less than minutes as compared to hours. It ensures patients to receive the most effective and efficient care when and wherever needed. Additionally, Point-of-care diagnostics enables staff to make rapid decisions of treatments when diagnosing patients’ condition and the Point-of-care diagnostics simplifying the testing process.
The major factors driving the point-of-care diagnostics market's growth are increasing liver, kidney diseases and emerging point-of-care diagnostics technologies. The factor that affects the point-of-care diagnostics market from growing is the high cost of equipment and stringent government regulations.
The Point-of-care diagnostics market provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The Point-of-care diagnostics market is segmented on the basis of type, platform, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of type, the Point-of-care diagnostics market is segmented into devices, software and services, consumables and kits, and accessories. In 2021, the devices segment in the point-of-care diagnostics market is expected to grow due to changing lifestyles and increasing chronic diseases, and a lack of awareness of over-the-counter point-of-care diagnostics devices.
- On the basis of platform, the point-of-care diagnostics market is segmented into lateral flow assays (immunochromatography tests), dipsticks, microfluidics, molecular diagnostics, immunoassays. In 2021, the lateral flow assays/immunochromatography tests segment in the point-of-care diagnostics market is expected to grow due to advanced technologies and inventions.
- On the basis of end user, the point-of-care diagnostics market is segmented into professional diagnostic centers, home care, research laboratories and other end users. In 2021, the professional diagnostic centers segment in the point-of-care diagnostics market is expected to grow due to growing patient emphasis on diagnosis operations. However, the high investment cost may hamper the Point-of-care diagnostics market growth.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the point-of-care diagnostics market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2021, the distribution channel segment in point-of-care diagnostics market is expected to grow due to the increased demand for advanced technologies and testing requirements in medical care for operations and diagnosis.
The point-of-care diagnostics market is analysed and market size information is provided by type, platform, end user, distribution channel.
The countries covered in the point-of-care diagnostics market report are Kenya, Algeria, Nigeria, Morocco, Rwanda, Zambia, Uganda, Central African Republic, Chad, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Cameroon, Angola, Libya, DRC, Ghana, Malawi.
Kenya is expected to dominate the market due to the increasing liver, kidney diseases and emerging point-of-care diagnostics technologies.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
New product Launches by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Point-Of-Care Diagnostics Market
Point-of-care diagnostics market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with Point-of-care diagnostics market sales, impact of advancement in the Point-Of-Care Diagnostics Market and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Point-of-care diagnostics market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Point-Of-Care Diagnostics Market Share Analysis
Point-of-care diagnostics market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Point-of-care diagnostics market.
The major players covered in the Point-of-care diagnostics market report are BioTech Africa, Medtronic, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., PTS Diagnostics, Trinity Biotech, Atlas Medical Uk, Abbott, Sysmex Corporation, bioMérieux SA, Quidel Corporation, BD, Sekisui Diagnostics, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Beckman Coulter, Inc., ACON Laboratories, Inc., Nova Biomedical, Siemens Healthcare S.A.E. (a subsidiary of Siemens Healthineers AG), Instrumentation Laboratory, Abaxis, and Radiometer Medical ApS (a subsidiary of Danaher) among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the Point-of-care diagnostics market.
- In August 2020, Siemens Healthcare Private Limited has announced that they have agreed to the acquisition of the company named Varian to enhance the fight against cancer and for strengthening their business in the healthcare sector. It will help the company in the enhancement of its credibility in the market.
- In September 2020, Instrumentation Laboratory received clearance from Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its HemosIL Liquid Anti-Xa test kit for its de novo marketing. This test is also the first direct, oral anti-coagulant test to carry out automated homeostasis. This will help in the growth of the market in coming years.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the Point-of-care diagnostics market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for Point-of-care diagnostics market.
Customization Available: Africa Point-Of-Care Diagnostics Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.