ASEAN E-Bike Hub Motor Market, By Hub Motor Location (Front Hub Motor, Rear Hub Motor and Mid/Center Hub Motor), Motor Type (Internally Geared and Direct Drive Hub Motor), Volt Range (Less than 36 Volt and More than 36 Volt), Weight (Less than 7 Pounds and More than 7 Pounds), Battery Type (Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer, Lead Acid, Nickel Metal Hydride, Sealed Lead Acid and Others), Class Type (Class I (Pedal Assist/Pedelec), Class II (Throttle), Class III (Speed Pedelec)), Sales Channel (OEM and Aftermarket), Application/Vehicle (Mountain/Trekking Bikes, City/Urban, Cargo, Cruise, Racing and Others), Country (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Rest of ASEAN) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2030
Market Analysis and Insights: ASEAN E-Bike Hub Motor Market
The e-bike hub motor market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2030. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2030 and is expected to reach USD 831.44 million by 2030. The rapid adoption of e-bikes to reach their destination by avoiding any delay due to high traffic is acting as a major factor which is driving the growth of e-bike hub motor market.
A hub motor is referred to an electric motor which is installed in the hub of the wheel. In this, instead of integrating the motors into the bicycle drivetrain, the hub motors are completely separated where electricity is run through copper wires for creating electromagnets, thus creating a force and rotating the hub backward and forward.
Increasing traffic bottleneck in developing and developed cities, growing demand of eco-friendly mode of transportation and government initiatives to reduce emission level are the major factors which are driving the growth of the e-bike hub motor market. Steep maintenance and purchase cost of e-bikes, manufacturing complications and absence of infrastructure for electric vehicles in developing economies are the major factors which are restraining the growth of the e-bike hub motor market. Creative drive by companies for advancing e-bike infrastructure, research & development of hub motors, increasing growth in the production of renewable energy and increasing health concerns among individuals is the major factors which are creating opportunities for growth of the e-bike hub motor market. Unsprung weight and several technical issues which can arise after the purchase can be irritating for a consumer and are the major factors which are posing as challenges for growth of the e-bike hub motor market.
This e-bike hub motor market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the e-bike hub motor market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The e-bike hub motor market is segmented into eight notable segments which are based on the hub motor location, motor type, volt range, weight, battery type, class type, sales channel and application/vehicle. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of hub motor location, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into mid/center hub motor, rear hub motor and front hub motor. In 2021, mid/center hub motor segment is mostly used as it is the most suited design for pedelec e-bike and pedal assisted e-bikes which are widely consumed worldwide.
- On the basis of motor type, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into internally geared and direct drive hub motor. In 2021, owing to smooth transition features of internally geared segment along with less drag and low weight of motor is driving the internally geared segment segment growth.
- On the basis of volt range, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into more than 36 volt and less than 36 volt. In 2021, majorly e-bike operates on 36V and above due to its low cost high power ratio which is driving the more than 36 volt segment growth.
- On the basis of weight, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into more than 7 pounds and less than 7 pounds. In 2021, due to the increasing weight of batteries due to requirement of higher wattage increases the weight of motor which is driving the more than 7 pounds segment growth.
- On the basis of battery type, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into lithium-ion, lithium-ion polymer, nickel metal hydride, lead acid, sealed lead acid and others. In 2021, due to the less maintenance requirement and cost of lithium ion batteries and longer durability, the e-bike hub motor market is growing rapidly which is driving the lithium-ion segment growth.
- On the basis of class type, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into class I (pedal assist/pedelec), class II (throttle) and class III (speed pedelec). In 2021, the class I (pedal assist/pedelec) segment provides better features of cycling as well electric assistance for longer cruise is driving the class I (pedal assist/pedelec) segment growth.
- On the basis of sales channel, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into OEM and aftermarket. In 2021, due to the lesser number of aftermarket sales of e-bike motors and demand for after sale of such motors is less which is augmenting the OEM segment growth.
- On the basis of application/vehicle, the e-bike hub motor market has been segmented into city/urban, cruise, mountain/trekking bikes, racing, cargo and others. In 2021, due to the increasing traffic in urban and city areas, people looks for cost-effective and eco-friendly transportation mode is driving the city/urban segment growth.
The countries covered in the ASEAN e-bike hub motor market report are Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and rest of ASEAN.
Thailand is dominating in the ASEAN e-bike hub motor market due to increasing demand for cost-effective and eco-friendly transportation mode for mid/center hub motor segment. Malaysia is dominating with the second highest market share in the ASEAN e-bike hub motor market due to rapid adoption of e-bikes for mid/center hub motor segment to reach their destination by avoiding any delay due to high traffic in the country. Indonesia is dominating with the third highest market share in the ASEAN e-bike hub motor market because of the growing bike tourism industry for mid/center hub motor segment due to growing awareness of staying fit and increased support from the government towards promoting bicycle sports in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of ASEAN brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Favourable Government Initiatives for Reducing Emission
The e-bike hub motor market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for e-bike hub motor, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the e-bike hub motor market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and E-Bike Hub Motor Market Share Analysis
The e-bike hub motor market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, ASEAN presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to ASEAN e-bike hub motor market.
The major players covered in the ASEAN e-bike hub motor market report are SR SUNTOUR, MAHLE GmbH, Brose Fahrzeugteile SE & Co. KG, Bafang Electric (Suzhou) Co., Ltd., Suzhou Shengyi Motor Co., Ltd, SHIMANO INC., maxon, Robert Bosch GmbH, Heinzmann GmbH & Co. KG, Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., CNEBIKES CO., LTD among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the e-bike hub motor market.
- In January 2021, Bafang Electric (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. announced the opening of its new plant in Suzhou. The new plant will cover overall floor area of 131,000 sqm with total area of 44,000 sqm. The new facility is designed to increase the production capacity of drive systems and core components for electric bicycles. The new facility will help the company to cater larger number of customers.
Product launch, acquisition and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for e-bike hub motor through product portfolio of the companies.
Customization Available: ASEAN E-Bike Hub Motor Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.