Type (Supraglottic Airway Management Devices, Laryngoscopes, Infraglottic Airway Management Devices, Resuscitators, Bronchoscope/Intubation Scopes, Others), Patient Ages (Adult, Pediatric Patients/Neonates), Procedure ( Intensive Care Unit or Emergency Procedure, Non-Emergency Surgical Procedures), Application (Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Others), End User (Hospitals, Homecare, Ambulatory Surgical Center, Others), Country (Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippine and Rest of Asia-Pacific),Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Airway Management Device Market
Asia-Pacific airway management device market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a stronger CAGR of 6.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 868.66 million by 2027. Increase in prevalence of chronic diseases and high incidence of preterm births is the factors for the market growth.
Airway management device is a set of medical procedures in order to prevent airway obstruction in patients. This device ensures an open pathway in patients that allows the gas exchange between a patient's lungs and the atmosphere. There are various products such as oropharyngeal airway, nasopharyngeal airways, laryngeal mask airways and tracheal incubation used in providing airway in patients who are suffering from breathing problems in hospitals. These devices are found to be used in fields of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, emergency medicine, neonatology and many others. In neonatology it has its application for managing airway among babies and increasing incidence of preterm birth may require the need of airway management. For instance, according to World Health Organization, stated in 2018, though occurrence of preterm birth is a global problem, but more than 60% of preterm births occur in Africa and South Asia. Increase in preterm birth worldwide is one of the major factors in driving the market.
This airway management device market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Airway Management Device Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific airway management device market is segmented of the basis of by type, patient age, procedure, end-user and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, airway management devices market is segmented into supraglottic airway management devices, infraglottic airway management devices, laryngoscopes, bronchoscope/intubation scopes, resuscitators and others. Supraglottic airway management devices are dominating the market because of its higher usage in ventilation of upper airways in patient during anesthesia or other conditions. Laryngeal mask airways (LMA) are mostly preferred on supraglottic devices as it can be easily used during the procedure in hospitals, ASCs and other places. However, the segment of laryngoscopes drives the market due to its increased success rate and has a reasonable cost and one of the main benefits is that it has a video capture system called video laryngoscope which allows easy intubation between patients. Due to such benefits this segment may grow in future.
- On the basis of patient age, the Asia-Pacific airway management devices market is segmented into adult and pediatric patients/neonates. Adult segment is dominating the market, mostly adult patients visit in hospitals for the medical procedures where oxygenation and ventilation is required.
- On the basis of procedure, the Asia-Pacific airway management device market is segmented into Intensive care unit or emergency procedure and non-emergency surgical procedures. Intensive care unit or emergency procedure segment is dominating the market because using airway management devices in intensive care unit is important step in order to provide ventilation and oxygenation among patient and it has been observed higher cases of respiratory diseases and emergency procedure are performed in intensive care unit where these devices are mandate in order to provide basic life functions hence this segment may grow in future.
- On the basis of application, the Asia-Pacific airway management devices market is segmented into anesthesia, emergency medicine and others. Anesthesia segment is dominating the market because of higher number of anesthesia procedures performed worldwide and airway management devices provides proper oxygenation and ventilation among people which helps life support functioning. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is caused by airway irregularities and/or alveoli injury. Airway management devices are used in COPD treatment to provide adequate amount of oxygen to relive from hypoxia. Airway management devices are used while surgical operations to give adequate ventilation to the patients. Anesthesiologist use airway management devices to provide anesthetic, which is inhaled through mask or intubation to induce unconsciousness.
- On the end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, ambulatory surgical center (ASCs) and others. Hospitals segment is further segmented into intensive care units, emergency care departments, operating rooms, and others. Hospitals segment is dominating the market as anesthesia related procedures are mostly performed in hospitals. Primary preference for surgical related procedures by the patients is hospitals and it has been observed that these airway devices are mandate in hospitals.
Airway Management Device Market Country Level Analysis
Airway management device market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by type, patient age, procedure, end-user and application.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific airway management market report are China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific in the Asia-Pacific.
In Asia-Pacific, China is dominating the market because China is well developed country and one of the major countries in medical field. Major manufacturing companies are well established in China due to advanced product requirement in China.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of regional brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Country Level Analysis, By Type
Airway management device market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by type, patient age, procedure and application and end-user.
The countries covered in the airway management market report are Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippine and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific is growing the market because of availability of number of major companies in this region from which major revenue is generated for the airway management devices In Asia-Pacific, China is dominating because airway management devices are mandate in hospitals as well as higher procedure are performed in hospitals in which airway management devices are used. For instance, Olympus Corporation headquarters in japan provides number airway related products through which they generate high revenue.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strong Investment in Research and Development Activities and New Technology Penetration
Asia-Pacific airway management device market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in medical and pharmaceutical industry with airway management device product sales, therapy devices sales, impact of technological development in devices and dressings and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the airway management device market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018. For instance, in January 2017, Teleflex Incorporated launched LMA Gastro Airway with the use of Cuff Pilot Technology. The particular Laryngeal mask is designed to offer esophageal exposure with improved airway protection while performing endoscopic procedures. It consists of an integrated bite block to minimize the chances of endoscopic damage because of biting and even helps to avoid expensive repairs. This launch will strengthen the product portfolio of the company and will maximize the customer base around the world.
Competitive Landscape and Airway Management Device Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific airway management device market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, concept cars, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Asia-Pacific Airway Management Device Market.
The major players covered in the report are Olympus Corporation, BD, Teleflex Incorporated, Armstrong Medical Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., Rudolf Riester GmbH (subsidiary of Halma Plc), GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, SonarMed, Mercury Medical, Smiths Group plc, Verathon Inc., VBM Medizintechnik GmbH, SunMed, MEDTRONIC, Flexicare (Group) Limited, VYAIRE, Ambu A/S, Intersurgical Ltd. and others Asia-Pacificly. Airway management market share data is available for Asia-Pacific. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately
Many joint ventures and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the Asia-Pacific airway management device market
- In October 2017, VYAIRE acquired Revolutionary Medical Devices, Inc. which is engaged in manufacturing of airway management products. This acquisition has helped VYAIRE to add a medically validated airway management solution in the market. SuperNO2VA nasal PAP allows anesthesiologists to provide more regulated and non-invasive oxygen for sedated patients. It will help the company to maximize its presence in respiratory care market globally.
Partnership, expansion and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for airway management device market products for the welfare of the patients
Customization Available : Asia-Pacific Airway Management Device Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), product under development data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.