Asia Pacific Automated Border Control Market, By Type (ABC E-gates and ABC Kiosks), Component (Hardware, Software and Services), Application (Airport, Landport and Seaport), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Rest of Asia Pacific) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The automated border control (ABC) systems are the solutions to the security at border crossing across the globe which is an integration of automated self-service barriers and biometric devices which hold the biographical data of an individual in order for verification of the passenger’s identity. E-Gates are used as automated border control systems at airports which are the physical form of gates that controls the immigration at failure of identity mismatch. These E-Gates use the data stored in biometric chip which tracks the facial, iris, fingerprint recognition modalities. This solution is used for enhancement in passenger’s travel and to raise the security boundaries at border control.
Asia Pacific automated border control market is expected to reach a healthy CAGR of 17.4% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia Pacific Automated Border Control Market
Asia Pacific automated border control market is segmented into three notable segments which are type, component and application.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into ABC E-Gates and ABC Kiosks. In 2018, ABC E – Gates segment is growing with the highest CAGR of 18.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In September 2018, Aware’s and Knomi Mobile Biometric Voice and Face Authenticators have been certified by FIDO certified status which is going to grow its market value as a certification promotes the value of the product.
- On the basis of component, the market is segmented into hardware, software and services. Hardware further segmented into document authentication system (DAS) and biometric verification system (BVS) and others (signature scanner and baggage scanner). Biometric verification system is further classified into face recognition, fingerprint recognition, IRIS recognition and other (palm print and vein). Services further divided into installation and maintenance. In 2018, hardware segment is growing with the highest CAGR of 18.0% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2018, Vancouver Airport Authority has received Level 3 Airport Carbon Accreditation from Airports Council International. This recognition was achieved for its sustainability.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into airport, land port and seaport. In 2018, airport segment is growing with the highest CAGR of 18.6% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In December 2018, Gemalto availed an order for Intesa Sanpaolo to supply the first mastercard biometric contactless payment card. This order will lead to more opportunities for the company to avail more such orders from different governments and organizations
Competitive Analysis: Asia Pacific Automated Border Control Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Secunet, IER, Gemalto NV, IDEMIA, Dermalog, Identification Systems GmbH, SITA, Cognitec Systems GmbH, Securiport LLC, Veridos, CrossMatch, HID Global Corporation, NEC Corporation, Indra Sistemas, Accenture, Gunnebo AB, Vision Box, Collins Aerospace, Aware, Inc., Vancouver Airport Authority, Atos SE and other.
- In December 2018, at the 5th Border Management and Identity Conference in Bangkok, secunet has presented its eID PKI (Public-Key Infrastructures) suite.
- In December 2018, IDEMIA offered eSim connected watches to all its subscribers in Thailand by providing subscription management platform to dtac. This solution by Idemia is scalable for the continuously changing market trends to support dtac.
- In November, Gunnebo has targeted to supply metro speed gates in hundreds in order to expand metro systems in India. This will help Gunnebo to avail contracts from other governments and organizations as well.
- In December 2018, Accenture made an agreement to acquire New York based Adaptly which is a digital media services company. This acquisition will support Accenture in activating, optimizing and measuring the media cross platform to help the advertisers.
Research Methodology: Asia Pacific Automated Border Control Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers