Asia-Pacific Automotive Magnet Wire Market, By Type (Copper Wire, Aluminium Wire), Product Type (Enamelled Wire, Covered Conductor Wire), Material (Polyamide-imide (PAI) , Polyimides (PI), Polyetherimide (PEI), Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK)), Shape (Round Magnet Wire, Rectangle Magnet Wire, Square Magnet Wire), Application (Motor, Starter Motor, Braking, Alternators, Stability Control, Windows, Door Lock and Seating), Distribution Channel (B2B, Speciality Stores, E-Commerce, Supermarkets/Hypermarkets), End User (Passenger Car, Light Commercial Vehicle, Heavy Commercial Vehicle, Electric Vehicle), Country (China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Automotive magnet wire market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 3.8% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 1,159.10 million by 2028. Increasing demand for magnet wire in automotive is acting as a major factor for the growth of the market.
Magnet wire in automotive is a fundamental component of transforming the electrical energy in the motors, starters, ignition coil, power control system, and other vehicle parts. Magnet wire comprises the following features: insulation uniformity, good electric properties such as dielectric strength with insulation resistance, resistance to mechanical stress, resistance to chemicals, solvents, thermal resistance, and long thermal life. The magnet wire helps deliver high performance and efficiency with next-generation traditional comforts in the vehicles by ensuring traction motors and belt generators' reliability.
Some of the factors which are driving the market are growing increasing safety concerns, stringent governmental rules, regulations and standards to operate in hazardous areas.
The growth of the market has been highly boosted due to heavy investment by EV’s. The wire used mostly comprises copper and aluminium that acts as a major restraint factor for the global automotive magnet wire market.
This automotive magnet wire market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Automotive magnet wire market is segmented on the basis of type, product type, material, shape, application, distribution channel and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into copper wire and aluminium wire. In 2021, copper wire holds the largest market share due to the increase in the preference of copper magnet wire by the motor manufacturers as it provides excellent chemical and mechanical properties along with heat resistant, better conductivity, energy efficiency and others.
- On the basis of product type, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into enamelled wire and covered conductor wire. In 2021, the enamelled wire dominates the overall market with maximum market share due to several factors including excellent insulation material, stable quality, high electrical resistance, light in weight resistance to corrosion among others.
- On the basis of material, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into polyamide-imide (PAI), polyimides (PI), polyetherimide (PEI), polyether ether ketone (PEEK) and others. In 2021, the polyamide-imide (PAI) augments the market share due to better performance in each aspect, including thermal resistance, better insulation quality, ultimate elongation of coating, and high abrasion resistance and temperature endurance.
- On the basis of shape, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into round magnet wire, rectangle magnet wire and square magnet wire. In 2021, round magnet wire holds the highest market share due to the maximum utilization of round wires by the motor manufacturer due to its low cost. However, rectangle wire may come into the limelight due to its increased space factor.
- On the basis of application, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into motor, starter motor, braking, alternators, stability control, windows, door lock and seating and others. In 2021, motor dominates the application segment with the largest market share due to the growth in the transportation industry, which overall enhances the usage of magnet wires. Moreover, increased investment towards electric vehicles is also one factor driving the segments' growth.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into B2B, speciality stores, e-commerce, supermarkets/hypermarkets and others. In 2021, B2B accounts for the highest market share due to several factors such as on-time delivery performance, better quality assurance, a wide variety of technical and engineering support, better warranty, and brand value.
- On the basis of end user, the automotive magnet wire market is segmented into passenger car, light commercial vehicle, heavy commercial vehicle and electric vehicle. In 2021, passenger car augments the market with the largest market share due to the increase in the number of passenger vehicles globally compared to other vehicle types.
Automotive Magnet Wire Market Country Level Analysis
Automotive magnet wire market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, industry type, type, offering, inspection type, technology, and port types as referenced above.
The countries covered in automotive magnet wire market report are China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China leading in automobile sector as there is continuous development with research and development has enhanced the overall growth for the market driving the growth of the segment.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Quality Assurance Commodity
Automotive magnet wire market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in automotive magnet wire and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the automotive magnet wire market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Automotive Magnet Wire Market Share Analysis
Automotive magnet wire market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Europe presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific automotive magnet wire market.
The major players covered in the report are Rea, Superior Essex Inc., Tongling Jingxun Special Enamelled Wire Co.,Ltd.,, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.,, Wenzhou JOGO Imp&Exp Co., Ltd., Infantron Singapore,, TAYA GROUP, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., Fujikura Ltd., LS Cable & System Ltd., Elektrisola Dr. Gerd Schildbach Gmbh&Co. Kg, Sam Dong and among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of automotive magnet wire market.
- In March 2021, LS Cable & System Ltd. supplied magnet wire for Hyundai IONIQ 5 and Kia EV6, producing 800V high-voltage magnet wire (enamel wire) in Korea. The company enhanced its business portfolio through the magnet wire supply to other automobile companies enhancing its Europe outreach in the market.
- In February 2021, Sam Dong has been certified with the ISO 9001:2015-ASQ/ANSI/ISO 9001:2015 for the manufacturing of rod, copper wire, strip and other profiles. The company enhanced its business portfolio through the certification that generated more income and profit for the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for automotive magnet wire through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Automotive Magnet Wire Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.