Asia-Pacific Bacteriophages Therapy Market, By Target (Escherichia Coli, Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, Others), Type (Lytic, Lysogenic), Base (Sterile Broth Culture, Water-Soluble Jelly Base), Application (Bacterial Dysentery, Infections Of Skin And Nasal Mucosa, Suppurative Skin Infection, Lung And Pleural Infections, Postoperative Wound Infections, Others), Route Of Administration (Oral, Parenteral, Rectal, Dermal, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Speciality Clinics, Academic Research And Institutes, Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Third Party Distributors), Country (Japan, China, Australia, India, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
The Asia-pacific bacteriophages therapy market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.1% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 13.30 million by 2028.
Bacteriophage, also called phage or bacterial virus, is any group of viruses that infect bacteria to treat bacterial infections. Bacteriophages could be used as an alternative to antibiotics when bacteria develop resistance. Bacteriophages are much more specific than antibiotics. They are typically harmless not only to the host organism but also to other beneficial bacteria, such as the gut microbiota, thereby reducing the chances of opportunistic infections. The increasing prevalence of antibiotic-resistant infections and increasing research and development activities are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period. However, high costs associated with therapy and shortage of skilled professionals are the factors expected to restraint the market growth in the forecast period.
The presence of novel pipeline drugs, strategic initiatives by market players, and rise in expenditure in the healthcare sector are expected to provide a lucrative growth opportunity for the market. On the other hand, the limitation of bacteriophage therapy and lack of proper regulatory guidelines acts as a major challenge in the growth of the market.
The bacteriophages therapy market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an analyst brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The bacteriophages therapy market is segmented on the basis of target, type, base, application, route of administration, end-user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of target, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus, streptococcus, pseudomonas, salmonella, others. In 2021 the staphylococcus segment is expected to dominate the market due to its limited effect on the site of infection, most common bacterial species causing infection, and a variety of diseases that need proper treatment for the infection to get a cure.
- On the basis of type, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into lytic and lysogenic. In 2021, the lytic segment is expected to dominate the market because of the instant recovery and therapeutic effect provided by this type of lytic bacteriophage.
- On the basis of the base, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into sterile broth culture, water-soluble jelly base. In 2021, sterile broth culture is expected to dominate the market due to high sensitivity with suitable media and more specificity towards the bacteriophages.
- On the basis of application, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into bacterial dysentery, infections of the skin and nasal mucosa, suppurative skin infection, lung and pleural infections, postoperative wound infections, others. In 2021, the postoperative wound segment is expected to dominate the market due to the rising prevalence of diabetes and increasing patients' inclination towards surgery.
- On the basis of route of administration, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into oral, parenteral, rectal, dermal, others. In 2021, the oral segment is expected to dominate the market due to no need for sterile precautions and minimal danger of acute drug reaction.
- On the basis of end-user, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, academic research and institutes, others. In 2021, the hospital's segment is expected to dominate the market due to facility management and improved processes through staff interaction.
- On the basis of distribution channels, the Asia-Pacific bacteriophages therapy market is segmented into direct sales and third-party distributors. In 2021, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market due to price certainty and better accountability.
Bacteriophages Therapy Market Country Level Analysis
The bacteriophages therapy market is analyzed, and market size information is provided on the basis of target, type, base, application, route of administration, end-user, and distribution channel
The countries covered in the bacteriophage therapy market report are Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific.
The staphylococcus segment in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 due to its limited effect on the site of infection, most common bacterial species causing infection, and variety of diseases that need proper treatment for the infection to get cure. China is expected to dominate the Asia-pacific bacteriophage therapy market due to rapidly evolving biotechnology infrastructure and supportive government initiatives.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Private Sector Funding And Technological Advancements Are Boosting The Market Growth Of Bacteriophages Therapy.
The bacteriophages therapy market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the bacteriophage therapy industry with drugs sales, the impact of advancement, technology, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the OCD drugs market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Bacteriophages Therapy Market Share Analysis
Bacteriophages therapy market competitive landscape provides details by a competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the bacteriophages therapy market.
The major companies operating in the global bacteriophages therapy market are Phagelux, Inc., MICREOS, ATCC, Armata pharmaceuticals Inc. among others.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the bacteriophage therapy market.
- In April 2020, Phagelux, Inc. announced that the company has entered into multiple commercial collaborations such as European sales, marketing, and product development collaboration with DCM for its AgriPhage line of biopesticides, among others. This has helped the company to explore and develop next-generation bacteriophages fully
- In June 2021, Adaptive Phage Therapeutics announced the initiation of Phase 1/2 study of bacteriophage therapy (Phage Bank) to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of targeted, personalized bacteriophage ("phage") treatments in patients with urinary tract infection (UTI). This has helped the company to develop a novel treatment for multi multi-drug resistant bacterial infections
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company market in the bacteriophage therapy market, which also provides the benefit for an organization to improve their offering for bacteriophage therapy.
Customization Available : Asia-Pacific Bacteriophages Therapy Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.