Asia-Pacific Barrier Films Market, By Type (Metalized Barrier Films, Transparent Barrier Films, White Barrier Film), Material Type (Polyethylene Teraphthalate (PET), Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Polyamides (PA), Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH), Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE), Others), Layers (Multiple Layers, Single Layers), Application (Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Agriculture, Others), Distribution Channel (Supermarkets/Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, E-Commerce and Others), Country (Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, India, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Barrier films market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.5% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 4,056.25 million by 2028 from USD 6,530.27 million in 2020. Increasing applications of barrier films in food and beverage product packaging and growing demand for barrier films in the pharmaceutical industry are boosting the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Barrier films are a type of packaging film which is widely used in the food and beverage to extend the shelf life of the food as well as protecting the food products from the numerous types of external influences which is providing oxygen as well as moisture barriers. Also, barrier films hold the main use in the product's packaging. Barrier films consist of two layers types which are multiple layers and single layers. Multiple layers based barrier films are specially designed to achieve high-performance levels as compared to single layers based barrier films. Barrier films help to prevent quality deterioration; therefore, these films are used to put pharmaceutical products under specific environmental conditions for increased shelf life.
Increasing applications of barrier films in food and beverages product packaging, rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries, growing demand of barrier films in pharmaceutical and agriculture industry, rising demand of barrier films to safeguard electronic components are the main drivers increasing the demand for the barrier films market. However, poor infrastructure facilities for recycling and fluctuation in prices of raw materials for barrier films are expected to hinder the growth of barrier films market during the forecast period.
The rising demand of eco-friendly and light weight barrier films is acting as an opportunity for boosting the demand of the barrier films market. The strict regulations and standards for the approval and commercialization of barrier films are acting as a challenge hampering the demand of the barrier films market.
The barrier films market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Barrier films market is categorized into five notable segments which are based on the type, material type, layers, application and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the barrier films market is segmented into metalized barrier films, transparent barrier films and white barrier film. In 2021, metalized barrier films segment is expected to dominate in the barrier films market because metalized barrier films are specially designed to preserve various types of products to provide a high barrier against oxygen as well as humidity in terms of ensuring extent shelf life for sensitive products which helps to boost its demand in the forecast year.
- On the basis of material type, the barrier films market is segmented into polyethylene teraphthalate (PET), polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyamides (PA), ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH), linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) and others. In 2021, polyethylene teraphthalate (PET) segment is expected to dominate in the barrier films market because polyethylene teraphthalate (PET) is a strong film with good oxygen barrier and heat resistant with a good durability. Along with this polyethylene teraphthalate (PET) is an excellent laminating substrate for stand-up pouches, which helps to boost its demand in the forecast year.
- On the basis of layers, the barrier films market is segmented into multiple layers and single layers. In 2021, the multiple layers segment is expected to dominate in the barrier films market because multiple layers based barrier films can achieve high-performance levels as compared to single layers based barrier films. Along with these multiple layers, based barrier films have a high puncture and tear resistance, which helps to boost its demand in the forecast year.
- On the basis of application, the barrier films market is segmented into food and beverage, pharmaceutical, electronics, agriculture and others. In 2021, food and beverage segment is expected to dominate in the barrier films market because most of the barriers films are used for food and beverage applications such as bakery and confectionery, dehydrated food and beverage, dry fruits, and fruits and nuts, frozen food, chips and snacks, animal food and others in order to extend their shelf life, which helps to boost its demand in the forecast year.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the barrier films market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, e-commerce and others. In 2021, supermarkets/hypermarkets segment is expected to dominate in the barrier films market due to most of the end users are engaged to purchase barrier films from the supermarkets/hypermarkets because in the supermarkets/hypermarkets the end users found barrier films relatively at a low price as compared to other distribution channel, which helps to boost its demand in the forecast year.
Asia-Pacific Barrier Films Market Country Level Analysis
The barrier films market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, material type, layers, application and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the barrier films market report are the Japan, China, Singapore, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand, India, Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific will grow with the highest CAGR in forecast periods, because in Asia-Pacific countries have huge consumption of barrier films for wide application including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, electronics, agriculture and others. China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific market.
The country section of the barrier films market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Collaboration and Product Launch by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Barrier films Market
Barrier films market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with Barrier films sales, impact of advancement in the Barrier films and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Barrier films market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Barrier Films Market Share Analysis
The barrier films market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to barrier films market.
The major companies which are dealing in the Asia-Pacific barrier films market are Berry Global Inc., Mondi, Constantia Flexibles, ProAmpac, Dupont Teijin Films U.S. Limited Partnership, Innovia Films (a subsidiary of CCL Industries), Amcor plc, Fraunhofer –Gesellschaft, Sonoco Products Company, Klöckner Pentaplast, Honeywell International Inc., UFlex Limited, Huhtamaki, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation and TOPPAN PRINTING CO., LTD. among others among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the Asia-Pacific barrier films market.
- In February 2020, TOPPAN PRINTING CO., LTD. Had received the Bronze Class Sustainability Award for the best performance in climate strategy, environment, and environmental reporting. The Award was given by RobecoSAM, which assesses companies' social, environmental, and governance performance. According to the company, this award is part of their Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and it will give them good recognition in the market.
- In September 2020, Amcor Plc has developed the world’s first recyclable flexible packaging, which will allow the recycling of various consumer products such as ready meals, baby foods, pre-cooked soups, and many more. The new product development has required dedicated research and investment. Features of new product are increased shelf life, sustainability. According to the Company, the new product development will give it good recognition in the market.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the barrier films market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for barrier films.