Asia-Pacific Biotechnology Market, By Product Type (Instruments, Reagents And Services & Software), Technology (Nano Biotechnology, PCR Technology, DNA Sequencing, Chromatography, Tissue Engineering And Regeneration, Cell-Based Assays, Fermentation And Others), Application (Bio-pharmacy, Bio-industrial, Bio-services, Bioinformatics And Bio-agriculture), End User (Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Contract Research Organizations, Academic & Research Institutes And Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Third Party Distributors, And Others), Country (China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2028.
The biotechnology market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 27.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 2,691,409.16 million by 2028. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases demands the advanced biotechnology products and instruments which is acts as driver for the biotechnology market growth.
Biotechnology is a technology that utilizes biological systems, living organisms, or parts of this to develop or create different products. Brewing and baking bread are instances of processes that fall within the concept of biotechnology (use of yeast (living organism) to produce the desired product). Such traditional processes usually utilize the living organisms in their natural form (or further developed by breeding), while the more modern form of biotechnology will generally involve a more advanced modification of the biological system or organism. Today, biotechnology covers many different disciplines (for instances genetics, biochemistry, and molecular biology, among others). New technologies and products are developed every year within the areas of medicine (development of new medicines and therapies), agriculture (development of genetically modified plants, biofuels, biological treatment), or industrial biotechnology (production of chemicals, paper, textiles, and food).
The biotechnology market is growing due to the increased incidence of chronic diseases and the rise in technological advancement. Moreover, an increasing number of product approval is another factor that accelerating the biotechnology market growth. Lack of skilled professionals is expected to restraint the global biotechnology market growth.
The biotechnology market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the biotechnology market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The biotechnology market is segmented on the based on the product type, technology, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyses niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the biotechnology market is segmented into instruments, reagents and services & software. In 2021, the instruments segment is expected to dominate the biotechnology market due to the availability of a diverse range of innovative solutions.
- On the basis of technology, the biotechnology market is segmented into nanobiotechnology, PCR technology, DNA sequencing, chromatography, tissue engineering and regeneration, cell-based assays, fermentation, and others. In 2021, the nanobiotechnology segment is expected to dominate the biotechnology market due to its broad range of applications.
- On the basis of application, the biotechnology market is segmented into bio-pharmacy, bio-industrial, bio-services, bioinformatics and bio-agriculture. In 2021, bio-pharmacy segment is expected to dominate the biotechnology market due to the rising number of research and development activities.
- On the basis of end user, the biotechnology market is segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, contract research organizations, academic & research institutes and others. In 2021, the pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment is expected to dominate the biotechnology market due to increasing initiative activities by various healthcare organizations and government bodies to encourage research endeavors.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the global biotechnology market is segmented into direct tender, third party distributors, and others. In 2021, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the biotechnology market due to the rising demand for biotechnology instruments.
Biotechnology Market Country Level Analysis
The biotechnology market is segmented on the based on the product type, technology, application, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the biotechnology market report are the China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is leading the growth of the Asia-Pacific market due to presence of highest number of biotechnology products providers.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Strategic Activities by Major Market Players to Enhance the Awareness for Biotechnology, is Boosting the Market Growth
The biotechnology market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Biotechnology Market Share Analysis
Biotechnology market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to biotechnology market.
The major companies which are dealing in the biotechnology are Trinity Biotech, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Charles River Laboratories, Eurofins Scientific, Promega Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Takara Bio Inc., Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, QIAGEN, Agilent Technologies, Inc., AstraZeneca, Merck KGaA, bioMérieux SA, Myriad Genetics, Inc., Illumina, Inc., Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. and Biogen among others domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contract and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the biotechnology market.
- In February 2021, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has announced it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Mesa Biotech, Inc. This acquisition anticipated to strengthen company’s leadership in biotechnology market.
- In March 2021, Charles River Laboratories has announced that it has acquired Retrogenix Limited, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO) providing specialized bioanalytical services utilizing its proprietary cell microarray technology. This acquisition anticipated strengthen company’s bioanalytical business sector.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company footprints in the biotechnology market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Biotechnology Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.