Asia-Pacific Cannabis Seeds Market, By Seed Type (Feminized Seeds, Autoflowering Seeds, Regular Seeds), Strain (Indica, Hybrid, Sativa), Compound (THC Dominant, CBD Dominant, Balanced THC & CBD), Category (Inorganic, Organic), Distribution Channel (Store Based Retailing, Online/E-Commerce Retailing), Type of Vendors (Resellers, Seeds Manufacturing Companies, Breeders), Country (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
The cannabis seeds market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 14.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 7,000,548.00 million by 2027. The rising awareness about the benefits of cannabis seeds and increasing number of health conscious consumers is helping the cannabis seeds market to grow in the region.
The cannabis seeds market is growing tremendously with the legalization of cannabis in 33 out of 50 states. The cannabis seeds are instrumental to the type of cannabis plants grown. These seeds can be of various types including regular, auto-flower and feminized depending on the type of plant to be grown. The breeding of strains is done to produce the desired quality of strains. The cannabis seeds have two very important chemicals in them namely, cannabidiol (CBD) which is non-psychoactive element and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is the psychoactive element. Depending on them, there are two seed varieties which are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) dominant.
Seed banks provide seeds to the companies that use them for medicinal purpose which means that they should ensure that the seeds are of the best quality. This creates a demand for good quality cannabis seeds. Hence, increased medicinal use of cannabis acts as a driver for the cannabis seeds market. The trading, manufacturing and prescription of cannabis is a very complex process as the laws are different for every state. This acts as an obstacle for the companies and hence, complex regulatory structure for the usage of cannabis acts as a restraint for the cannabis seeds market.
As the strains are improved, this will lead to the production of better quality of cannabis and this will create more demand for good quality seeds. Hence, novel product development acts as an opportunity for the cannabis seeds market. It can be seen that the black market for marijuana still holds an upper hand even with the legalization of marijuana for recreational purpose. This acts as a problem for the legal marijuana market as the growers will not take the good quality seeds from the authentic sources and hence, the rise of marijuana black market acts as a challenge for the cannabis seeds market.
This cannabis seeds market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the cannabis seeds market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The cannabis seeds market is segmented into six notable segments which are bifurcated on the basis of seed type, strain, compound, category, distribution channel and type of vendors. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of seed type, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into regular seeds, feminized seeds and autoflowering seeds. In 2020, feminized seeds segment is dominating the cannabis seeds market as majority of the companies are manufacturing regular seeds and also they don’t require many efforts and are easy to grow.
- On the basis of strain, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into indica, hybrid and sativa. In 2020, indica segment is dominating the market as the majority of the manufacturers have strains of indica and it is preferred more by people.
- On the basis of compound, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into THC dominant, CBD dominant and balanced THC & CBD. In 2020, the THC dominant segment is dominating because THC is the psychoactive element of cannabis and it is highly required for medicinal purposes.
- On the basis of category, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into inorganic and organic. In 2020, inorganic segment is dominating as inorganic agriculture is increasing but in future the organic segment is set to increase as people are shifting towards organic products and also inorganic farming makes use of chemicals which may not be good for health.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into store based retailing and online/e-commerce retailing. In 2020, store based retailing segment is dominating as people find it easy to purchase from stores and they can check the quality of products they are purchasing.
- On the basis of type of vendors, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into resellers, breeders and seeds manufacturing companies. In 2020, resellers segment is dominating as there is large number of resellers as compared to breeders and seeds companies.
Asia-Pacific Cannabis Seeds Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific cannabis seeds market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, seed type, strain, compound, category, distribution channel and type of vendors as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific cannabis seeds market report are China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating in the Asia-Pacific cannabis seeds market since the demand for the cannabis seeds are more in the country as the country is legalized for medicinal and recreational use.
The country section of the cannabis seeds market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Raised Demand for Hydroponics Gardening of Cannabis at Home is an Opportunity for Asia-Pacific Cannabis Seeds market
The cannabis seeds market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with cannabis seeds sales, impact of business expansion in the cannabis seeds and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the cannabis seeds market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Cannabis Seeds Market Share Analysis
The cannabis seeds market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and source lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to cannabis seeds market.
The major player covered in the Asia-Pacific cannabis seeds market report is Green House Seed Co. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the cannabis seeds market.
- In 2016, Green House Seed Co. received the Expogrow-Irún 3rd place in the “Best indica" for “Green House Kush". The company received this award for its work to help consumers enhance the sustainability and efficiency of their businesses. This recognition aided the company to build trust among stakeholders and increase its brand awareness.
Exhibition, partnership, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the cannabis seeds market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for cannabis seeds.