Asia-Pacific Cold Sore Treatment Market, By Strain Type (Herpes Simplex Type-1 Virus and Herpes Simplex Type-2 Virus), Therapeutics (Antiviral Agents, Analgesic Agents and Others), Drug Type (Branded and Generic), Dosage Type (Oral, Topical and Others), End User (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy and Others), Country (Japan, China, Australia, India, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Cold Sore Treatment Market
Cold sore treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.2% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 198.29 million by 2027 from USD 116.71 million in 2020.
Rising prevalence of Herpes simplex virus (HSV) globally and proliferation in modes of transmission of HSV, growing technological advancement and development are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Cold sores or oral herpes are small blisters like abrasions that occur due to the infection caused by the Herpes simplex virus (HSV). Cold sores generally occur on the face, around the lips, chin, cheeks, and nostrils. They generally cause pain, itching before they burst. HSV is one of the most common viruses found to affect the global population and it is endemic throughout the world. Up to 90% of people around the world have at least one form of HSV.
Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) generally infects the pediatric population worldwide, but according to WHO, people aged 30-49 are at higher risk now for catching the virus, and the prevalence of HSV increases with age. HSV has two types: HSV type-1, and HSV type-2. HSV-1 causes cold sores or oral herpes around lips, nostrils, and cheeks. While HSV-2 cause’s genital herpes. HSV can be spread through the direct mode of transmission which includes oral contact inducing infection with oral herpes, from oral to skin surfaces that appear normal and when there are no symptoms present.
The cold sores treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Cold sores treatment Market Scope and Market Size
The cold sore treatment market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on the strain type, therapeutics type, drug type, dosage type, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of strain type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into herpes simplex type-1 virus, and herpes simplex type-2 virus. In 2021, Herpes simplex type-1 virus (HSV), segment is dominating the market due to its rapidly increasing prevalence.
- On the basis of therapeutics type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into antiviral agents, analgesic agents, and others. In 2021, antiviral segment is expected to dominate the cold sore treatment market due to the increased count of infectious diseases caused by herpes simplex virus and enhanced product pipeline in antiviral agents are predicted to dominate the market.
- On the basis of drug type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, generics is dominating the cold sore treatment market because it’s very less expensive as compared to branded drugs, and due to the economical nature, and increased usage for the treatment of cold sores.
- On the basis of dosage type, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into oral, topical, and others. In 2021, oral segment is expected to dominate the cold sore treatment market because of its ease of absorption and flexibility to accommodate various types of drugs.
- On the basis of end user, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics, and others. In 2021, homecare segment is dominating the market due to the ease in treatment at home and easy availability of drugs.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the cold sore treatment market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy and online pharmacy. In 2021, hospital pharmacy is expected to dominate the market due to the rise in access to cold sore medications and surge in number of prescriptions of cold sore medications on a daily basis are predicted to dominate the market.
Cold Sore Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The cold sores treatment market is analysed and market size information is on basis of strain type, therapeutic uses, drugs type, dosage type, end user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the Cold sore treatment market report are Japan, China, Australia, India, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Japan in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR in the forecasted periods as in the Asia-Pacific’s countries demand for cold sore treatment are increasing very rapidly due to rapidly increasing patient population and advancements in technology.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Cold Sore Treatment Market
Cold sore treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with Cold sore treatment sales, impact of advancement in the Cold sore treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Cold sore treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Cold sore treatment Market Share Analysis
Cold sore treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Cold sore treatment market.
The major companies providing cold sore treatment are Merix Pharmaceutical Corp., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Glenmark Pharmaceutical Inc., U.S.A. (A subsidiary OF Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.), Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.(A Subsidiary of Zydus Cadila), Cipla Inc., AiCuris, Ortho dermatologics’ (a division of bausch health Companies Inc.), Foundation Consumer Healthcare, Squarex, Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (a subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), Aurobindo Pharma U.S.A. (A Subsidiary of Aurobindo Pharma), WOCKHARDT, Novartis AG, Jubilant Cadista (a subsidiary of Jubilant Life Sciences Limited), Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Hetero Healthcare Limited, Apotex Inc., Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., HRA Pharma, among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the cold sore treatment market.
- In February 2020, Ortho Dermatologics announced the launch of first, non-reimbursed, prescription program in dermatology, telemedicine platform on dermatology.com in the U.S. This will help the patients to consult with physicians, doctors and order branded dermatology products available on the website. This will help the company to expand its business and make the product profile strong.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the Cold sore treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for Cold sores treatments.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Cold Sore Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.