Asia-Pacific Dengue Treatment Market, By Strains (DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3, DENV-4, Others), Transmission (Mosquito-to-Human Transmission and Mother-to-Child Transmission), Type (Medication, Supportive Care, Vaccination and Others), Severity (Uncomplicated and Severe), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Mode of Purchase (Prescription and Over the Counter (OTC)), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Home Healthcare, and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies and Others), Country (Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The dengue treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 26.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,941.62 million by 2028. Strategic initiatives by market players and advent of mass vaccination programmes for dengue treatment are likely to be the key drivers for the dengue treatment market.
Dengue is a viral disease transmitted by mosquitoes which has spread rapidly in all WHO (World Health Organization) regions in recent years. The dengue virus is mainly transmitted by female mosquitoes from the genus Aedes aegypti and to a lesser degree from Ae. albopictus. The diseases transmitted by these vector mosquitoes are chikungunya, yellow fever and Zika viruses. Dengue is prevalent in the tropics, induced by precipitation, temperature, relative humidity and unplanned rapid urbanization with local risk variability.
In spite of the controlled steps, the global increase in dengue incidence, along with the increased frequency of localized outbreaks and the potential of aedes species to flourish lead to increase in consumption of the treatment option for dengue treatment and is expected to act as a driver for the dengue treatment market. The cost of dengue treatment are higher as listed in above statement and with more complication related to dengue such as multi organ failure and others can increase the total cost for the therapy results in infected person to avoid proper therapies for dengue treatment thus can act as a restraint for the dengue treatment market. Dengue can be diagnosed traditionally by serological testing but now with the technology upgradation, different ongoing and developed ways are there for virus detection which will create an opportunity for the dengue treatment market. The dengue is a vector borne disease with non-specific drugs such as antipyretic and some antibiotics but the preventive measure and initiatives taken by the different government agencies worldwide is expected to act as a challenge for the dengue treatment market.
The dengue treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the dengue treatment market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The dengue treatment market is segmented on the basis of strains, transmission, type, severity, route of administration, mode of purchase, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of strains, the dengue treatment market is segmented into DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3, DENV-4, others. In 2021, DENV-2 segment is dominating the market as this strain is high in prevalence globally which result in higher infection cases of dengue fever.
- On the basis of transmission, the dengue treatment market is segmented into mosquito-to-human transmission and mother-to-child transmission. In 2021, mosquito-to-human transmission segment is dominating in the market as the mosquitoes are the primary vector for the transmission of dengue for the different strains of the virus.
- On the basis of type, the dengue treatment market is segmented into medication, supportive care, vaccination and others. In 2021, medication segment is dominating in the market as variety of drugs used for treating dengue are being used for the management of dengue fever from the very long time.
- On the basis of severity, the dengue treatment market is segmented into uncomplicated and severe. In 2021, uncomplicated segment is dominating in the market as the conversion rate of uncomplicated dengue to severe dengue is less than 5% which is the most important reason that the uncomplicated segment is dominating in the dengue treatment market.
- On the basis of route of administration, the dengue treatment market is segmented into oral and parenteral. In 2021, oral segment is dominating in the market as most of the drugs that are taken to treat the symptoms of dengue are taken orally for pain management and fever management.
- On the basis of mode of purchase, the dengue treatment market is segmented into prescription and over the counter (OTC). In 2021, prescription segment is dominating in the market as the medication and the supportive care is prescribed by the doctors after the confirmation that the patient is infected by the dengue virus and the treatment options consist of antibiotics and other medication which are generally not available as prescribed medication only.
- On the basis of end user, the dengue treatment market is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, home healthcare and others. In 2021, home healthcare segment is dominating in the market as the symptoms of dengue can be managed at home using medications such as pain relief and fever management drugs after the diagnosis.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the dengue treatment market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies and others. In 2021, retail pharmacies segment is dominating in the market as after proper diagnosis of dengue, most of the prescriptions by patients are filled in retail pharmacies during the total duration of the treatment cycle of the infection.
Asia-Pacific Dengue Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific dengue treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, strains, transmission, type, severity, route of administration, mode of purchase, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific dengue treatment market report are the Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and rest of Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific is expected to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecast period as in the Asia-Pacific’s countries, the demand for dengue treatment products is increasing very rapidly with the urbanization and laboratory automation. China is expected to dominate in the Asia-Pacific dengue treatment market as China is one of the leading countries to inculcate dengue treatment market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Necessity of Dengue Treatment in Urban Areas and the Strategic Initiatives by Market Players are is creating new opportunities for Players in the Dengue Treatment Market
The dengue treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with dengue treatment sales, impact of advancement in the dengue treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the dengue treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Dengue Treatment Market Share Analysis
The dengue treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to dengue treatment market.
The major companies which are dealing in the Asia-Pacific dengue treatment market report are Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Aurobindo Pharma, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Perrigo Company plc, Pfizer Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Baxter, Viatris Inc. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
The strategic initiatives by market players with capital investment for dengue research are bridging the gap between dengue and its treatment in the dengue treatment market.
- In November 2020, Viatris Inc. was launched as a combination of two Mylan N.V. and Pfizer Upjohn business. This combination of the two will focus on improving patient health. Viatris Inc. has the scientific production and distribution expertise with proven medical, regulatory and global commercial capabilities to provide high-quality medicines to patients in more than 165 countries and territories. This launch of a new company will increase the revenue of the company in near future.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the dengue treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for dengue treatment market.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Dengue Treatment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.