Asia-Pacific Diet and Nutrition Apps Market, By Type (Nutrition Tracking App, Activity Tracking App, Social Platform Apps, Wager Apps, and Others), Products (Smartphones, Wearable Devices, Tablets), Gender (Women, Men), Age (Adults, Teenagers, Aged), Platform (Android, IOS, Windows and Others), End-User (Fitness Centres, Healthcare Industries, Homecare Settings, and Others), Country (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Diet and Nutrition Apps Market
Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is expected to grow in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 31.3% in the forecast and is expected to reach 4,245.82 million by 2028.
The diet and nutrition apps are software applications used for tracking nutritional intakes and managing diets for healthy eating, weight loss, weight maintenance, weight gain, and fitness. Diet apps are also in demand for healthcare to track food sensitivities, allergies, and medical conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. These app tools are offered in devices such as smartphones, tablets, and PCs. The increased internet penetration and other digital services such as cloud computing have boosted the digital platform offering market in recent years. Mobile phone applications are used as tools by many users to get help in their daily tasks. Increasing awareness about health disorders due to unhealthy lifestyles has led to increased diet and nutrition apps.
There are numerous regulatory laws regarding food consumption and other government initiatives for encouraging a healthy lifestyle, which act as a major factor for the market's growth. The increasing use of smartphones and internet penetration among the world population has boosted the market's growth. However, diet and nutrition apps have inconsistencies in the nutrient coding and can act as a major restraint for the market's growth. The Asia-Pacific region has witnessed high growth in smartphone apps for proactive lifestyle, which opens up opportunities in the market. Diet and nutrition apps with complicated interfaces and lack of personalization cause user disengagement in long-term use, which can act as a major challenge for the market's growth.
This diet and nutrition apps market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Diet and Nutrition Apps Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into six segments based on type, products, gender, age, platform, and end-user.
- On the basis of type, the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into nutrition tracking app, activity tracking app, social platform apps, wager apps, and others. In 2021, the nutrition tracking app segment is dominating the working class and becoming more proactive, and leading a healthy lifestyle by adopting tracking apps.
- On the basis of products, the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices. In 2021, the smartphone segment is dominating the market as smartphones are increasingly penetrating the global population. As these devices are portable, they are convenient for the working class to track their daily food intake.
- On the basis of gender, the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into men and women. In 2021, the women segment dominates the market as the women are more conscious about their diet and health, and being more close to cooking activities can properly manage their nutrient intake.
- On the basis of age, the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into teenagers, adults, and the aged. In 2021, the adult segment is dominating the market as adults are more concerned about the nutrition and diet benefits of the diet and nutrition app. The adult population is adopting a healthy lifestyle to avoid chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes.
- On the basis of platform, the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into android, iOS, windows, and others. In 2021, the android segment will dominate the market due to the emerging popularity of android among smartphone users. Moreover, android platforms are low cost and with easy to use user interface.
- On the basis of end-user, the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is segmented into fitness centres, home care settings, healthcare industries, and others. In 2021, the fitness centres segment will dominate the market as the growth in virtual fitness coaching has increased drastically over the pandemic. Most of the coaches are using online nutrition monitoring apps.
Asia-Pacific Diet and Nutrition Apps Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market is analysed, and market size information is provided by country, type, products, gender, age, platform, and end-user. The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market report are China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, and the Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China dominates the Asia-Pacific region market due to increasing technological developments in mobile applications and increasing awareness about a healthy lifestyle.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Diet and Nutrition Apps
Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the industry with sales, components sales, the impact of technological development in diet and nutrition apps, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the diet and nutrition apps market. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Asia-Pacific Diet and Nutrition Apps Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points are only related to the companies’ focus on the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market.
The major players covered in the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps report are Noom, Inc., MyFitnessPal, Inc., Leaf Group Ltd., Asken Inc., FatSecret, HappyCow, Inc., HealthifyMe Wellness Private Limited, among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which also accelerate the growth of the Asia-Pacific diet and nutrition apps market.
- In July 2021, MyFitnessPal, Inc. announced a partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market, a Phoenix-based retail company. Accordingly, the company became MyFitnessPal, Inc.’s first retail sponsor. The company supported MyFitnessPal’s users with healthy recipes, articles, challenges, and other content. With this, the company added a discovery feature to the app with more than 100 healthy recipes. With this, the company provided its users with more tools to advance towards their fitness goals
- In July 2021, Noom, Inc. announced the multi-year partnership with LifeScan, a world leader in blood glucose monitoring. Accordingly, the companies provided users with diabetes behaviour change support and tools and Holistic Health Solutions in Combination with OneTouch Blood Glucose Monitoring. Together the company provided knowledge and tools for meaningful change and healthier living. The partnership aims to give the users combined OneTouch product solutions and unmatched expertise in diabetes to help them manage their diabetes, lose weight, and live healthier lives. With this, the company enhanced its leadership in behaviour change
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company's market share with increased coverage and presence. It also benefits the organization to improve its offering for the diet and nutrition apps market through an expanded range of sizes.