Asia-Pacific E-Bike Market, By Battery Type (Lithium-Ion, Lithium-Ion Polymer, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lead Acid, Sealed Lead Acid, and Others), Hub Motor Location (Mid Drive Hub Motor, Rear Hub Motor, and Front Hub Motor), Mode (Pedal Assist, and Throttle), Battery Power (Under 750 W, and Over 750 W), Class (Class I (Pedal Assist/Pedelec), Class II (Throttle), and Class III (Speed Pedelec)), Usage (City/Urban, Cruise, Mountain/Trekking Bikes, Racing, Cargo, and Others), Country (China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
E-bike market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 10.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 10,262.14 million by 2027. Increase in the supply and demand of electric vehicles for lower emission acting as major driver for the growth of e-bike market.
E-bikes offer zero emission which helps the regions in reducing the GHG emission, Government are implementing laws in order reduce their carbon footprint for which e-bike is becoming a major requirement to be adopted as a mode of transportation leading to the increase in the growth of the e-bike market. People are adopting e-bikes to avoid any delay to reach their destination due to high traffic, which is acting as major driver for the e-bike market. Due to the high cost of electric bikes, individuals have the option of choosing alternative traditional bikes which is limiting the growth of e-bike market.
The companies with their increased inclination towards development of e-bike infrastructure will increase the growth of e-bike market by creating new opportunity for the e-bike market to flourish and establish its root. The e-bike market is highly focused towards retailers for selling their e-bikes which has led to limit their distribution channel acting as major challenge for the growth of the e-bike market.
This e-bike market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the e-bike market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
E-bike market is segmented on the basis of battery type, hub motor location, mode, battery power, class and usage. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of battery type, the e-bike market is segmented into lithium-ion, lithium-ion polymer, nickel metal hydride, lead acid, sealed lead acid, and others. In 2020, lithium-ion segment dominates the battery type segment due to its less maintenance and longer durability, however, lithium-ion polymer segment is growing at higher rate as it is an advanced version of lithium-ion batteries with better durability.
- On the basis of hub motor location, the e-bike market is segmented into mid drive hub motor, rear hub motor, and front hub motor. In 2020, hub motor location segment is dominated by mid drive hub motor segment as it is the most suited design for pedelec e-bike and pedal assisted e-bikes which are widely consumed worldwide. Also, due to its better weight distribution, mid drive hub motor based e-bikes are preferred.
- On the basis of mode, the e-bike market is segmented into pedal assist, and throttle. In 2020, pedal assist segment is majorly used by consumers as it gives features of cycling as well electric assistance for longer cruise, hence pedal assist dominates the mode segment.
- On the basis of battery power, the e-bike market is segmented into under 750 W, and over 750 W. In 2020, under 750 W segment holds the largest market share in battery power segment and is expected to grow at higher rate as under 750 W batteries are light weighted in comparison to over 750 W batteries. Also, regulations from various governments help under 750 W batteries to dominate the segment.
- On the basis of class, the e-bike market is segmented into class I (pedal assist/pedelec), class II (throttle), and class III (speed pedelec). In 2020, in coherency with pedal assist mode, class I (pedal assist/pedelec) segment dominates the class segment given these type of e-bikes are widely favoured by health conscious people over full throttle e-bikes.
- On the basis of usage, the e-bike market is segmented into city/urban, cruise, mountain/trekking bikes, racing, cargo, and others. In 2020, city/urban segment holds major chunk of usage segment as most of the e-bikes purchased are used in urban areas for cost effective and eco-friendly commuting for short distances, for instance, commuting to workplace or office.
E-Bike Market Country Level Analysis
E-Bike market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, battery type, hub motor location, mode, battery power, class and usage as referenced above.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific e-bike market report are China, South Korea, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating the e-bike market in Asia-Pacific region due to the presence of high number of e-bike manufacturers in the region. Also, countries such as China and Japan are major exporters of e-bikes worldwide with low manufacturing costs.
The country section of the report also provides individual e-bike market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of E-Bike in the E-Bike Market
E-bike market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in e-bike and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the e-bike market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and E-Bike Market Share Analysis
E-bike market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to e-bike market.
The major players covered in the Asia-Pacific e-bike market report are Accell Group, JIANGSU XINRI E-VEHICLE CO.,LTD., AIMA TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD, Riese & Müller GmbH, Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., WUXI YADEA EXPORT-IMPORT CO.,LTD., Giant Bicycles, Trek Bicycle Corporation, Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of e-bike market.
- In June 2020, Giant Bicycles announced the launch of anthem advanced pro 29 world champion edition frameset. The new frameset is made of advanced composite material offering lightweight structure and XC race geometry with 29er speed and stability. The new product increased the product portfolio of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for e-bikes.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific E-Bike Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.