Asia-Pacific Intraoperative Radiation therapy Market, By method (electron IORT, intraoperative brachytherapy, high dose-rate IORT, X-ray IORT. and others.), product (intraoperative radiation therapy devices, intraoperative radiation therapy accessories and software & services) type(portable and benchtop), application (breast cancer, brain tumor, head & neck cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, pediatric tumors, gynecological cancer, genitourinary cancers, upper gastro-intestinal tumors other cancer) end user (hospital, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty center and others) and distribution channel (direct tender and retail sales) Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand. Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.0% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 89.91 million by 2028. Increasing demand for intraoperative radiation therapy in medical industry is a major driver for the Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market.
Intraoperative Radiotherapy (IORT) is a technique that involves delivery of a high dose of ionizing radiation to a tumor or tumor bed during surgery. It involves the direct visualization of the tumor bed and spaces out normal tissues from the tumor bed that allows maximization of the dose to the tumor while minimizing the dose to normal tissues. Thus, IORT is capable of delivering higher total effective dose to the tumor bed and facilitate dose escalation without significantly increasing normal tissue complications, improving therapeutic ratio. Because IORT radiation is targeted right at the tumor, the dose can be up to 2½ times higher than a safe dose of traditional radiation. This helps keeping cancer from coming back in the same place. IORT has demonstrated its efficacy in a wide variety of tumors and cancers such as recurrent colorectal cancers, recurrent gynecological cancers and soft-tissue tumors. Recently, it has emerged as a popular treatment option for selected, early-stage breast cancer, owing to the ability to complete the entire course of radiotherapy during surgery.
Factors driving the growth of the intraoperative radiation therapy market are growing prevalence of cancer diseases, supporting reimbursement policies for cancer patients, growing geriatric population that are most vulnerable to cancer, technological advancements in IORT, and growing collaboration of IORT market players with hospitals and other medical settings. On the other hand, risk associated with high dose radiation exposure and challenges associated with brand equity may restrain the intraoperative radiation therapy market growth.
This Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an analyst brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented on the basis of basis of method, product, type, application, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of method, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into electron IORT, intraoperative brachytherapy, high dose-rate IORT, X-ray IORT, and others. In 2021, X-ray IORT segment is expected to dominate the market due to wide acceptance of X-ray IORT as it is capable of delivering single precise high dose rate in quick time.
- On the basis of product, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into intraoperative radiation therapy devices, intraoperative radiation therapy accessories, and software & services. In 2021, intraoperative radiation therapy devices segment is expected to dominate the intraoperative radiation therapy market as it is the major equipment which is used in effective delivery of intraoperative X-ray in cancer treatment.
- On the basis of type, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into portable and benchtop. In 2021, portable segment is expected to dominate the market due to easy carry and transport options from one place to another.
- On the basis of application, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into breast cancer, brain tumor, head & neck cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, pediatric tumors, gynecological cancer, genitourinary cancer, upper gastro-intestinal tumors, and other cancers. In 2021, breast cancer segment is expected to dominate the market due to rise in cases of breast cancer worldwide.
- On the basis of end user, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into hospital, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty centers, and others. In 2021, hospital segment is expected to dominate the market due to growing number of cancer patients’ treatment in hospitals.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the intraoperative radiation therapy market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2021, the direct tender segment is expected to dominate the market as it is an easy and convenient option to buy the product.
Asia-Pacific Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market: Country Level Analysis
The Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market is analyzed and market size information is provided by method, product, type, application, end user and distribution channel..
Countries covered in the Asia-Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market report are Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand. Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific
India is dominating in the Asia Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market with highest CAGR and largest market share due to growing number of local players of intraoperative radiation therapy manufacturers in the market
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia- Pacific Intraoperative radiation therapy brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Intraoperative Radiation Therapy in Healthcare Industry
Asia-Pacific Intraoperative radiation therapy market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in Intraoperative radiation therapy and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Intraoperative radiation therapy Product market. The data is available for historic period 2010-2019.
Competitive Landscape and Asia- Pacific Intraoperative Radiation Therapy Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific Intraoperative radiation therapy market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, India presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia- Pacific intraoperative radiation therapy market.
Some of the major players operating in the intraoperative radiation therapy market are IntraOp Medical, Inc., Ariane Medical Systems Ltd, Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Carl Zeiss AG, Eckert & Ziegler, Sensus Healthcare, iCAD Inc., Elekta AB, SIT - S.I.T. Sordina IORT Technologies S.p.A., REMEDI Co.,Ltd., GMV, Brainlab AG among others.
- In addition, various expansions are initiated by companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the growth of Asia-Pacific Intraoperative radiation therapy market.
- In April 2021, Varian Medical Systems, Inc. signed an agreement with Australia's Icon Group to provide 30 linear accelerators and associated treatment software to fight global cancer burden. This will help the company to increase access to care across regional and underserviced areas in Australia and Asia
Collaborations, joint ventures, and other strategies by key market players are enhancing their footprints in the Intraoperative radiation therapy market.