Asia-Pacific Nasal Spray Market, By Product Type (Decongestion Nasal Spray, Steroid Nasal Spray, Salt Water Solution/ Saline Nasal Spray, Others), Container Design (Pressurized Canisters, Pump Bottles), Dosage Form (Unit/Single Dose, Bi Dose, Multi Dose), Prescription Mode (Over the Counter, Prescription Based), Therapeutic Class (Antihistamine, Nasal Steroids, Mast Cell Inhibitor, Anticholinergic), Application (Nasal Congestion, Allergic and Non-Allergic Rhinitis, Central Nervous System Disorders, Vaccination, Others), End User (Home Care Settings, Hospitals, Clinics, Community Health Care), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Rest of Asia Pacific)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Nasal sprays are the devices that help in the delivery of the drug through the nose in the nasal cavity to treat allergy in patients. Allergy is a condition in which immune system of the body reacts abnormally to a foreign substance. Nasal spray drug products consist of therapeutically active ingredients (drug substances) in the form of solution or suspension of excipients.
Asia Pacific nasal spray market is expected to reach with a healthy CAGR of 6.7% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The new market report contains data for the historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Nasal Spray Market
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented on the basis of product type is decongestion nasal spray, steroid nasal spray, salt water solution/saline nasal spray and others. In 2018, decongestion nasal spray segment in Asia-Pacific nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In April 2017, Sandoz Canada in Boucherville, Quebec launched in Mosaspray (Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate) nasal spray. It is a nasal spray for the treatment of the perennial allergic rhinitis for people of 12 years of age or older.
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented by container design is pressurized canisters and pump bottles. In 2018, pump bottles segment in AsiaPacific nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- For instance, Midwest Bottles LLC offers a wide variety of the nasal spray bottles of different sizes such as 1/2, 1 & 2 oz. sizes. Whereas, 1oz bottles are available in different 6 shades color. Major manufacturer of the pump bottles in the market are Midwest Bottles LLC, Health Care Logistics, Inc., Medi-Dose Inc. and others.
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented by dosage form is unit/single dose, bi dose and multi dose. In 2018, multi dose segment in Asia-Pacific nasal spray market with the highest CAGR of 7.0% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In May 2017, Aptar Pharma, achieved approval from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) of the first integrated electronic nasal lockout device for a multidose nasal spray version of Instanyl which is manufactured by Takeda Pharmaceuticals International AG (Switzerland). The EMA has granted marketing authorization for this multidose nasal spray treatment under the name Instanyl DoseGuard.
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented by therapeutic class is antihistamine, nasal steroids, mast cell inhibitor and anticholinergic. In 2018, antihistamine segment in Asia Pacific nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In May 2017, C.G. Papaloisou Ltd, introduced Dymista nasal spray which is used to relief symptoms of allergic rhinitis caused by seasonal changes, only if when monotherapy with glucocorticoid and antihistamine is not sufficient. Dymista product is a combination of azelastine hydrochloride (antihistamine) and fluticasone propionate (glucocorticoid) and is manufactured by Meda AB (Sweden).
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented by application is nasal congestion, allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, central nervous system disorders, vaccination and others. In 2018, nasal congestion segment in Asia-Pacific nasal spray market with a CAGR of 6.7% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In 2016, according to National Health Interview Survey, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) mentioned that the number of adults diagnosed with sinusitis is 26.9 million American adults which are around 11.0%. Sinus infections are caused due to the blockage of the sinuses which allows germs to grow. Sinus infections by the viruses are around 9 out of 10 cases in adults, 5 to 7 out of 10 cases in children whereas, by bacteria the estimated number is 1 out of 10 cases in adults and 3-5 out of 10 cases in children.
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented by prescription mode is prescription based and over the counter. In 2018, prescription based segment in Asia-Pacific nasal spray market with the highest CAGR of 6.8% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- In February 2016, Nemera, launched a prescription drug named Advancia in the Europe market. Advancia nasal spray is used in an intranasal corticosteroid suspension to treat allergic rhinitis. Advancia comes in a user friendly pack that has a user-independent device which is ideal for topical and systemic preserved drugs.
- Asia-Pacific nasal spray market is segmented by end user is home care settings, hospitals, clinics and community and health Care. In 2018, home care settings segment in Asia Pacific nasal spray market with the highest CAGR of 7.1% in 2017 in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025.
- Different over the counter products offered by the manufacturers include hydraSense which is offered by Bayer AG (Germany), Salinex Seawater offered by Sandoz Canada in Boucherville (Quebec) and others.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Nasal Spray Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are ADAPT Pharma, Inc., Sandoz International GmbH, INNOVUS PHARMACEUTICALS, INC., Cipla Inc., Aurena, J Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG, St. Renatus, ARIUS FORMULATIONS PVT LTD, Ultratech India Limited, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Egalet Corporation, LEEFORD HEALTHCARE LTD, Aishwarya Group, Mylan N.V., Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Catalent, Inc and ALLERGAN among others.
- In February 2017, GSK Consumer Healthcare launched of FLONASE Sensimist Allergy Relief nasal spray. It is also called as fluticasone furoate and is new over-the-counter (OTC) treatment. It is used for symptoms with seasonal and perennial allergies.
- In September 2017, Optinose, achieved approval from U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for XHANCE (previously referred to by the development name OPN-375), new drug application that helps in treating nasal polyps in patients. It was estimated that around 10 million people in America suffer from nasal polyps. XHANCE helped people to improve the lives of millions of patients. This was a new drug application for treating nasal polyps. Many patients were not satisfied with already available treatment options, primarily due to inadequate symptom relief. This nasal spray was helpful to patients as it is self-administrative and does not require the invasion.
- In June 2015, a paper published by National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), about 40.0% of the world’s population is atopic, and allergic rhinitis is the commonest of preservation of this atopic tendency. The reported incidence of allergic rhinitis in the western countries is 1.4%-39.7 %.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Nasal Spray Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers