Asia-Pacific Optical Power Meter Market, By Type (Thermal Detectors and Photodetectors), Instrument/Product Type (Benchtop Meters, Portable Meters, Virtual Meters, Optical Wavelength, Hand-Held Meter and Others), Detector Type (INGAAS (Indium Gallium Arsenide), Germanium, Silicon and Others), Power Range (High Range, Medium Range and Low Range), Wavelength (850nm to 1650nm and 400nm to 1100nm), Light Source (Laser, LED and LCD), Application (Installation & Maintenance, Testing, Manufacturing, Research & Development and Others), End User (Telecommunication Industry, Electrical & Electronics Industry, Automotive & Industrial Industry, Military and Aerospace Industry, Energy & Utilities Industry and Others), Country (China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The optical power meter market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.2% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 51.63 million by 2028. The growing need for real-time analysis in the fibre network is acting as major factor for the growth of the optical power meter market.
An optical power meter is a device which measures electricity and power in an optical signal. Optical power meters were used to test the average amount of power in fibre optic network and systems. A power meter consist a combination and integration of a calibrated sensor, display and measuring amplifier and display which measures and monitors range of wavelengths and power levels. The calibrated sensor is integrated with photodiode which is used to measure the wavelengths and power levels in the system.
As the evaluation of transmission quality will keep increasing for providing uninterrupted services, the demand for optical power meter will be increased and acts as a major driver for the growth of the optical power meter market. The optical power meters requires much higher cost for installation and equipment and acts as a major restraint for the optical power meter market. The increasing use of automation across various industries such as manufacturing, power and others were also increasing the need to monitor energy consumption which can be done by power meters and thus creating a window of opportunity for the growth of the optical power meter market. The difficulty in maintaining a dynamic range of electricity with power meters is a challenge for the optical power meter market growth.
This optical power meter market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The optical power meter market is segmented on the basis of type, instrument\product type, detector type, power range, wavelength, light source, application and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the optical power meter market is segmented into thermal detectors and photodetectors. In 2021, photo detectors segment held larger share in the market owing to factors such as high sensitivity, ease of use, stronger wavelength dependence and can measure power levels as low as 90 dBm.
- On the basis of instrument/product type, the optical power meter market has been segmented into benchtop meters, portable meters, virtual meters, optical wavelength, hand-held meter and others. In 2021, hand-held meter segment held the largest share in the market due to rising demand for light-weight and easy to operate optical power meters.
- On the basis of detector type, the optical power meter market has been segmented into INGAAS (indium gallium arsenide), germanium, silicon and others. In 2021, germanium segment has been accounted for the highest market share as they offer wider wavelength range and are inexpensive.
- On the basis of power range, the optical power meter market has been segmented into high range, medium range and low range. In 2021, medium range segment is dominating the market as majority of the optical powers used have that particular power.
- On the basis of wavelength, the optical power meter market has been segmented into 850nm to 1650nm and 400nm to 1100nm. In 2021, 850nm to 1650nm segment has been accounted for maximum market share as majority of fibre optics operations are performed in wavelengths including 850nm, 1300nm and 1550nm.
- On the basis of light source, the optical power meter market has been segmented into laser, LED and LCD. In 2021, laser segment held the largest share in the market due to factors including high bandwidth capability, narrow spectral support and carry single wavelength which resulted in maximum transmission of signals in any set time.
- On the basis of application, the optical power meter market has been segmented into installation & maintenance, testing, manufacturing, research & development and others. In 2021, testing segment held maximum share in the market due to the usage of fibre optical power meter which tests the end-to-end performance of fibre optic system.
- On the basis of end user, the optical power meter market has been segmented into telecommunication industry, electrical & electronics industry, automotive & industrial industry, military and aerospace industry, energy & utilities industry and others. In 2021, telecommunication industry segment held maximum share in the market as all the network related operations are performed in the telecom industry.
Optical Power Meter Market Country Level Analysis
The optical power meter market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, instrument\product type, detector type, power range, wavelength, light source, application and end user as referenced above.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific optical power meter market report are, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific
China dominates the optical power meter market owing to the owing to the factors such as increasing fibre optic network coverage in various cities, surging focus of the telecom companies towards fibre optic investments and favourable support from the government towards the implementation of fibre networks.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Optical Power Meter
The optical power meter market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in optical power meter and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the optical power meter market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Optical Power Meter Market Share Analysis
The optical power meter market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific optical power meter market.
The major players covered in the report are Thorlabs, Inc., Kingfisher International, Australia, GAO Tek & GAO Group Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., Fluke Corporation., EXFO Inc., AFL., Newport Corporation (A Subsidiary of MKS Instruments)., Stanlay, Keysight Technologies, Anritsu, Artifex Engineering GmbH & Co KG., HIOKI E.E. CORPORATION, Edmund Optics Inc., and Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation (a subsidiary of Yokogawa Electric Corporation) among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of optical power meter market.
- In July 2020, Anritsu announced the launch of the Anritsu Web Expo – Test and Measurement – 2020. Under this, the company showcased its measurement solutions. Through this, the company promoted its test and measurement products to the customers. This will help the company to enhance its customer base and to grow in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for optical power meter through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Optical Power Meter Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.