Asia-Pacific Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market By Type (Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOS), Galactooligosaccharides (GOS), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Mannan-Oligosaccharides (MOS), Polydextrose (PDX), Lactulose (LOS), Inulin), Source (Bacteria, Algae, Fungi, Plants & Vegetables), Grade (Inorganic, Organic), Form (Powder, Liquid), Product Type (Standard Formula, Toddler Formula, Follow Up Formula, Special Formula), Infant Age (0-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-3 Years), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, New Zealand, Vietnam and rest of Asia-Pacific)
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market
Prebiotics for infant formula market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 7.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 574.29 million by 2027. Increasing infant population and spending capacity of customers in the developing countries will accelerate the market in forecast period.
Prebiotics are the rich source of nutrition which is given to infants for their healthy growth. The various prebiotics like human milk oligosaccharides, galactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS), mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS) and others improves the digestive system as well as immune system in the infants. In addition, the new research reports stating new benefits like memory enhancement in infant that has already been set to get introduced in the market at higher levels. The automation in production, transportation and storing facility is supposed to make supply much faster and precise.
The new launches require extensive research and development activities owing to utilization of prebiotics in infant formulas augmented to market growth in Asian countries. For instance, In January, 2019, Nestlé announced the investment for new R&D center in china for infant and mother nutrition product development as China holds the stronger market share for infant nutrition. According to JD & COFCO the infant formula market is China for year 2018 accounted around USD 29,600 million which created stiff competition between global and domestic players. Growth in the research and development activities and the engagement of the company’s for the development of the new product, leading their business expansion in Asian Countries.
This prebiotics for infant formula market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Prebiotics for Infant formula Market Scope and Market Size
Prebiotics for infant formula market is segmented on the basis type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS), mannan-oligosaccharides (MOS), polydextrose (PDX), lactulose (LOS), and inulin. Human milk oligosaccharides (HMOS) are dominating the prebiotics for infant formula market, as it acts as substitute for mother milk. The rising number of preterm and premature babies in Asia-pacific region is accelerating the consumption of prebiotics based infant formulas. For instance in February, 2018, according to the WHO preterm birth article India and China holds the two countries account the higher number of count in preterm babies. The India holds the count of 3,519,100 preterm followed by China with 1,172,300 preterm, such rising number pf preterm infant is driving the market growth by creating huge demand for infant nutrition.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bacteria, algae, fungi, plants & vegetables and others. Plants & vegetables are dominating the market as they have major advantage of taste over others sources used for prebiotics. In addition, prebiotics sourced from the plants and vegetables are marketed as the vegetarian nutrition, which provides advantage for the market. For instance, in 2016, according to the vegan society launch of vegetarian products in Southeast Asia is increased by almost 140% while comparing it to the year 2012. Such acceptance and demand from the people is driving the growth this particular segment.
- On the basis of grade, the market is segmented into inorganic and organic. Inorganic prebiotics for infant formula is dominating the market due to less prices and wide offering comparing to the organic prebiotics infant formula. Organic foods are extra priced while comparing to the inorganic products and as the Asia region major base or population has mid-level or low economy the inorganic infant formulas are more preferred. For instance, in December, 2018, according to the JD only organic food share in the infant market food market was only around 3.78 percent. Such clear dominance and strong hold of inorganic food in the Asian region is helping the segment to dominate the market.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. Powder is dominating the market as the major base of customers in Asia-Pacific region prefers the products which has last storage period. Major base of customer has less preference towards daily consumption of prebiotics for their infants which also supplement the sale of powder products rather than liquid.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into standard formula, special formula, follow up formula and toddler formula. The standard formula dominating the market as there is huge demand for the infant formulas in Chinese market with affordable price. The supporting structure and initiative to increase the production of infant formulas is helping the segment as standard formula is suitable for the all infant age groups and mainly for infant having 0-12 months. For instance in June 2019, China country’s central planner and several ministries have introduced document aiming to achieve the production of baby formula around 60 percent by domestic players.
- On the basis of infant age, the market is segmented into 0-6 months, 6-12 months and 1-3 years. The 6-12 months segment is dominating the Asia-Pacific prebiotics for infant formula market as at this age parents majorly prefers prebiotics based formulas as a complementary food for their children. Asia-pacific region holds major customer’s base having low income especially in countries like China, India and others where rate of malnutrition is higher. Such rate of malnutrition can be reduced by prebiotic based infant nutrition which is helping this segment to dominate as the organisation like WHO, UNICEF, and others are strongly promoting it. Such as according to the WHO almost 2 out of 5 children’s are belonging to the family having low income.
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific prebiotics for infant formula market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by type, source, grade, form, product type and infant age as referenced above.
The countries covered in the prebiotics for infant formula market report are China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Japan dominates the Asia-Pacific prebiotics for infant formula market due to growing R&D expenditure and strong establishment of new competitors in Asian countries, while the China is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 because of increased adaptation of prebiotics for infant formula by the food and beverage and pharmaceutical industries. In September, 2019, Japan Government lifted the ban which they had implied on the liquid infant formula which showed a rising demand in the market.
Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market, By Product Type
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of regional brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strong Research Activities and Clinical Trials to Formulate New Prebiotics Solution
Prebiotics for infant formula market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in prebiotics for infant formula industry with prebiotics for infant formula sales, components sales, impact of technological development prebiotics for infant formula and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the prebiotics for infant formula market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market Share Analysis
Prebiotics for infant formula market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, concept cars, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Asia-Pacific prebiotics for infant formula market.
The major players covered in the report are Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH, zuChem Inc., Biosynth Carbosynth, ELICITYL SA, Dextra Laboratories Limited, Glycom A/S, Tereos, Ingredion Incorporated, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Südzucker AG, Cargill, Incorporated., Fonterra Co-operative Group, Royal Cosun, COSUCRA, New Francisco (Yunfu City) Biotechnology Corporation Limited, Dana Dairy Group, Glycosyn LLC, DUPONT and other domestic players in Asia-Pacific. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In November 2019, NZMP, a nutrition brand of the Fonterra Co-operative Group conducted the reseller’s conference namely South & East Asia resellers conference 2019 under which they showcased their offering for the Asian customers. Through the seminars and sharing new marketing strategy with resellers to improve product sale company increased their relation as well as distribution channel for customers.
- In September 2019, Domo, Kievit, DMV and Nutrifeed, the ingredient brands of the Royal FrieslandCampina N.V. showcased their products for the Asian consumers. The event is conducted at Fi Asia Bangkok in which company showcased their product range for ingredients offering and dairy products. Through this company is demonstrated their offering for customer in Asia-Pacific market as well as strengthened their presence also.
Expansion, product showcase and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for prebiotics for infant formula through expanded model range.
Customization Available : Asia-Pacific Prebiotics for Infant Formula Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), product under development data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.