Asia-Pacific Pressure Sensors Market By Sensor Type (Gauge Pressure Sensors, Absolute Pressure Sensors, Differential Pressure Sensors, Vacuum Pressure Sensors and Sealed Pressure Sensors), Industry Vertical (Oil & Gas, Utilities, Consumer Electronics, Aviation, Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Marine, and Others), Technology (Piezoresistive, Optical, Resonant Solid State, Piezoelectric, Capacitive, Electromagnetic, and Others), Type (Wired, Wireless), Countries (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The pressure sensors can be defined as the device, which enables the measurement of liquid or gaseous pressure. Pressure sensors act as transducer within an electronic circuit. It indicates the signal electronically when the pressure is being imposed within its range from external phenomena. Pressure sensor is also known as manometer, pressure transducer, pressure indicator, pressure transmitter, and piezometer. The pressure sensor is used for controlling and monitoring the levels of fluid/gas flow, speed, water level, and altitude and they can be used in various applications like in automotive, medical, consumer electronics and others. These days IoT pressure sensors are used for the remote monitoring and controlling the levels of pressure. It also helps in getting the reading with the help of the internet.
The pressure sensor has its wide applicability in the regions having developed automotive industry such as Europe. Rising adoption of pressure sensor in automotive and medical industry is expected to boost the demand for pressure sensor. Increasing adoption of IT & mems technology in connected device and increased usage of pressure sensor in wearables are driving the pressure sensor market.
Asia-Pacific pressure sensors market is expected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Pressure Sensors Market
Asia-Pacific pressure sensors market is segmented into four notable segments which are sensor type, technology, type and industry vertical.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into piezoresistive, optical, resonant solid state, piezoelectric, capacitive, electromagnetic, others.
- In November 2018, Infineon acquires Siltectra with the sole purpose of expanding its portfolio in silicon carbide. This will also enable to use cold split technology for Infineon
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into wired & wireless.
- In October 2018, Infineon collaborated with XAIN for bringing block chain technology into the car. The main objective is to provide better security to the connected cars & to increase its market share.
- On the basis of industry vertical, the market is segmented into oil & gas, utilities, consumer electronics, aviation, industrial, automotive, medical, marine and others.
- In November 2018, Siemens and Aruba comes into a strategic partnership to bridge IT network & operational technology. This strategic partnership will enable high plant & network availability.
- On the basis of sensor type, the market is segmented into gauge pressure sensors, absolute pressure sensors, differential pressure sensors, vacuum pressure sensors and sealed pressure sensors.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Pressure Sensors Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Schneider Electric SE, Baumer, Fuji Electric Co., Omron Corporation, Broadcom, Panasonic, Infineon Technologies AG, Honeywell International Inc., Siemens, Hitachi automotive system Ltd., Emerson Electric Co., ABB, NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics, Sensata Technologies, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, TE Connectivity and Oxensis and among others.
- In September 2018, TE connectivity launched an online store which will give the real time access to product inventory & pricing. This will increase the reach of the company across the globe.
- In February 2018, ST Microelectronics (Switzerland) launched a new NFC dynamic tag ICs which is simply used for controllers, such as lighting products, motorized appliances, fans, and thermostats. These are mostly applicable in smart phones and other devices.
- In October 2017, ABB has announced to deploy 4,500 electric vehicle charging stations in India, which would help the company to grow in a developing country and to gather more market share.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Pressure Sensors Market
Primary Respondents: OEMs, Manufacturers, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers