Asia-Pacific Restaurant POS Software Market, By Component (Software, Hardware, Services), Type (Terminal POS System, Tablet POS System, Mobile POS System, Online POS System, Self-Service Kiosk POS System, and others), Operating System (Android, MAC, DOS System, Windows System, Linux System), Usage (Online and Offline), Application (Inventory Management, Reporting and Analytics, Employee Clocking, Tablet Compatibility, Receipt Printing, Menu Building, Account Integration, Debit/Credit Card Processing, and Others), Enterprise Size (Large Enterprises and SMEs), Deployment Mode (Cloud and On-Premise), Restaurant Type (Full Service Restaurants (FSR) and Quick Service Restaurants (QSR), Country (China, India, South Korea, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Restaurant POS software market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the highest CAGR of 6.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 954.00 million by 2028. Increasing need for enhanced customer experience, provided by POS solutions, is resulting the demand for advanced POS solutions, thus driving growth of the market.
Increased utilization of POS software is a major driver resulting in positive growth of the market. There has been increasing adoption and utilization of restaurant POS software due to its various benefits offered in the organization. A POS system enhances communications between the restaurant kitchen and their wait staff. Orders from customers go directly to the kitchen printer through the computer. Another benefit of a restaurant POS program is that it can track everything of restaurant operation starting from food usage to the most popular dishes and items of a particular restaurant.
This restaurant POS software market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Restaurant POS Software market is segmented on the basis of component, type, operating system, usage, application, enterprise size, deployment mode and restaurant type. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of component, the restaurant POS software market is segmented into software, hardware and services. Software segment is further sub-segmented into front end and back end. Back end is further sub-segmented into analytics, sales management and others. Hardware segment is further sub-segmented into tablet, mobile phone, pc monitor and others. Services segment is further sub-segmented into managed services and professional services. Professional services are further sub-segmented into consulting, implementation and training & support. In 2021, software category held maximum share in restaurant POS software, owing to factors such as need to effectively manage operations such as food ordering, inventory, payment processing, customer interaction, sales, and others. Moreover, adoption of new technological innovations by restaurants, demand for personalized experience, are likely to impact the growth positively, in coming years.
- On the basis of type, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into mobile POS system, tablet POS system, terminal POS system, online POS system, self-service kiosk POS system and others. In 2021, terminal POS system accounted for largest share in the market, due to increasing focus toward contactless payments, demand for mobility among restaurants, high adoption of digital menus, and overall digital transformation being witnessed in the hospitality industry.
- On the basis of operating system, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into DOS system, linux system, windows system, MAC and android. In 2021, android category held largest share in the market. This is mainly attributed to benefits offered by android operating system such as flexibility, customization, cost, high durability, easy integration, and others. In addition, the number of android platforms available to customers is high, which is another major factor impacting the growth of the market.
- On the basis of usage, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into online and offline. In 2021, online category held larger share in the market as it allows the restaurant to accept orders and manage transactions, in a secure way. Moreover, it also allows tracking customer orders, integrating with other applications, track inventory, and others.
- On the basis of application, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into employee clocking, inventory management, tracking & reporting, tablet compatibility, credit/debit card processing, receipt printing, accounting integration, menu building and others. In 2021, inventory management held largest share in the market. This is mainly due to high need to manage inventory, which includes when to order, how much to order, and more. It helps in keeping a real-time track on the inventory stock levels, whether in-transit, in-stock or sold, across all sales channels.
- On the basis of enterprise size, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into large enterprises and SME’S. In 2021, large enterprises category held larger share in the market, attributed to factors such as order accuracy, improved service timing, shift toward cloud database, effectively manage operations pertaining to bar and restaurant, and real-time tracking of sales and generating reports.
- On the basis of deployment mode, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into on-premise and cloud. In 2021, cloud held larger share in the market. This is mainly attributed to availability of large number of cloud-based restaurant POS software, manages costs, taking data driven decisions, and improved customer experience.
- On the basis of restaurant type, the restaurant POS software market has been segmented into quick service restaurants (QSR) and full service restaurants (FSR). Quick service restaurants (QSR) is further sub-segmented into coffee shop POS system, deli POS system, baker POS system, delivery POS system, food truck POS system, others. Full service restaurants (FSR) are further sub-segmented into hotel restaurant POS system, fine dining restaurant POS system, bar restaurant POS system and other. In 2021, full service restaurant (FSR) held maximum share in the market. This is mainly due to rapid adoption of new digital technologies, eliminating paper tasks and improving order accuracy, easy customization of meal, fast checkout process, and accurate table handing. Additionally, in order to maintain a competitive advantage, it is necessary to cater changing customer needs, which would further result in increased adoption of POS systems.
Restaurant POS Software Market Country Level Analysis
Restaurant POS software market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, component, type, operating system, usage, application, enterprise size, deployment mode and restaurant type.
The countries covered in restaurant POS software market report are China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating the Asia-Pacific restaurant POS software market and is expected to grow with highest GAGR during the forecast period, due to rising growth in the infrastructure sector, strong investments in restaurant technology, and rapid adoption of POS solutions by full service restaurants (FSR).
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Digitization and Centralization of Restaurant Operations
Restaurant POS software market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for restaurant POS, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the restaurant POS software market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Restaurant POS Software Market Share Analysis
Restaurant POS software market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific Restaurant POS software market.
Some of the major players operating in the restaurant POS software market are Oracle, Infor., Toshiba Tec Corporation, NCR Corporation, eZee BurrP!, LAVU, INC., LimeTray., Mad Mobile., PAR Technology Corp., Revel Systems., Square, Inc., Worldline, among others.
- In September 2020, NCR Corporation collaborated with Microsoft to power NCR Digital Connected Services (DCS). Under this collaboration, NCR’s Digital Connected Services Internet of Things (IoT) management software will run on Azure IoT AI technology. Through this, NCR’s retail, restaurant and banking customers will gain a IoT monitoring and managed services solution. This has helped the company to enhance their offerings and to better meet consumers changing demand.
- In November 2020, Infor announced launch of OrderNow which is a contactless ordering solution. This new product is an extension of Infor POS. OrderNow help the hospitality industry to better navigate the operational challenges due to pandemic. This new product helps the hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants, campus cafeterias and others to provide greater customer satisfaction and increased order accuracy. This has helped the company to enhance their offerings in the market.
Product launch, acquisition and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for restaurant POS through product portfolio of the companies.