Asia-Pacific Robot Assisted PCI Market By Products (Robotic Systems, Instruments, Accessories), End User (Hospitals, Cath Labs), Country (China, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Robotic assisted PCI system helps for minimally invasive treatment of coronary artery disease (CAD). It gives lesser pain to patients for the treatment of coronary artery disease (CAD). Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is treated by robotic assistance, in this surgeon operates via joysticks and touchscreen to control the physician movement.
Firstly the PCI procedure was performed in Zurich, in September 1977, by Andreas Gruentzig, a Swiss radiologist. In 1977, PCI procedure was known as percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty. In the early phase this procedure gets less success due to risks associated with the use of large guide catheters that could easily rupture the vessel and large balloon catheters with low burst pressure points. In 1986, this technology gets improved and used in most of the coronary interventions. Currently this PCI technology is known as percutaneous coronary intervention and nowadays the procedure of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is operated by robotic assisted system, the robotic surgical system is the latest development in minimally invasive medical technology.
Asia-Pacific robot assisted PCI market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Robot Assisted PCI Market
Asia-Pacific robot assisted PCI market is segmented into two notable segments which are products and end user.
- On the basis of products, the market is segmented into robotic systems, instruments, and accessories.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, cath labs.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Robot Assisted PCI Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Corindus, Inc., Robocath.
- In April 2019, Corindus, Inc. announced that they have done partnership with Takafumi Ueno, MD, PhD, Director of Interventional Cardiology, Center of Cardiovascular Disease, Kurume University Hospital to use first clinical robotic-assisted PCI procedures in Japan. After this partnership Corindus, Inc. is trying to expand their medical advancement to additional markets worldwide. Japan is havingone of the largest markets for robotic assisted PCI.
- In June 2018, Corindus, Inc. has received Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Agency (PMDA) clearance of CorPath GRX PCI System in Japan. It offers a significant step in bringing cutting-edge vascular robotics to worldwide markets.
- In February 2017, Corindus, Inc. announced that they have done partnership with Japan Medicalnext Co., Ltd. to become the distributor of CorPath GRX Systems in Japan. After done this partnership company expand their business in Japan.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Robot Assisted PCI Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Doctors, Healthcare Professionals, Researchers, Distributors, and Industrialists
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.