Asia-Pacific Rolling Stock Market, By Product Type (Wagons, Coaches, Locomotives, Rapid Transit), Locomotive Technology (Turbocharged Locomotives, Conventional Locomotives, Maglev), Components (Traction Motor, Auxiliary Power System, Wheelset, Axle, Pantograph, Air Conditioning System, Passenger Information System), Application (Passenger Transportation, Freight Transportation), Country (China, India, South Korea, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Rolling stock market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the highest CAGR of 4.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 16,560.08 million by 2027. Increasing manufacturing facilities and advent of bullet trains is helping the market to grow at significant rate.
Asia-Pacific region holds strong manufacturing hubs such as Japan, China, India and others which make its fastest growing region in the global network.
Rising production facilities and service agreement with government and private companies is further driving the market growth. Increasing competition between market players is enhancing the market growth. For instance, in December 2019, Alstom Company enhanced their presence in the Asia-pacific market by supplying new 41 electric trains for Australia by 2022. The company has signed agreement with Public Transport Authority of Western Australia (PTA) for this contract of new trains and maintenance activity.
The more advanced solution development is initiated by the rolling stock manufacturers to further reduce the energy consumption which is supplementing the growth of the rolling stock market. The requirement of the high cost investment for the rolling stock is one of the major drivers for the rolling stock market growth.
Increasing initiatives to improve the rail infrastructure and services for customers in terms of services such as offering faster, safer and comfort is creating opportunity for the rolling stock market. Requirement of the high capital investment for research activities is limiting the rolling stock market players’ growth as well as rolling stock market growth.
This Asia-Pacific rolling stock market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific rolling stock market is segmented on the basis of application, product type, locomotive technology and components. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of application, the rolling stock market is segmented into passenger transportation and freight transportation. In 2020, passenger transportation segment is dominating the market owing to rising demand for the bullet trains in China and Japan. Increasing urbanisation and growing population is further helping the segment to enhance the rail transport services which created demand for new rolling stock solutions.
- On the basis of product type, the rolling stock market has been segmented into locomotives, wagons, coaches and rapid transit. In 2020, increasing population in countries such as India, China and others is creating major demand for the advanced coach design to increased seating capacity. Hence, creates major demand for the advanced coach designs in Asian market.
- On the basis of locomotive technology, the rolling stock market is segmented into turbocharged locomotives, conventional locomotives, and maglev. Rising technological development in Asian market specifically from Japan and China is developing a train speed which creates demand for the turbocharged locomotives technology.
- On the basis of components, the rolling stock market has been segmented into pantograph, axle, wheelset, traction motor, passenger information system, air conditioning system and auxiliary power system. In 2020, traction motors are dominating the segment owing to the increased demand for high speed solution having high load carrying capacity.
Asia-Pacific Rolling Stock Market Country Level Analysis
Rolling stock market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, application, product type, locomotive technology and components as referenced above.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific rolling stock market report are China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating the Asia-Pacific rolling stock market due to rising adoption of digital technologies in rolling stock manufacturing industries and rising prevalence of rail industries in the region.
The country section of the Asia-Pacific rolling stock market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Fast Train Services in Rolling Stock Market
Rolling stock market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for rolling stock, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the rolling stock market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Rolling Stock Market Share Analysis
Rolling stock market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific rolling stock market.
The major players covered in the Asia-Pacific rolling stock market report are CRRC Corporation Limited, Wabtec Corporation, Bombardier, Alstom, CAF, Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, S.A, ABB, Caterpillar, Hitachi, Ltd., HYUNDAI ROTEM COMPANY, JAPAN TRANSPORT ENGINEERING COMPANY, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Niigata Transys Co.,Ltd. (A Subsidiary of IHI Corporation), PATENTES TALGO S.L.U., Siemens, Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation (A Subsidiary of TOSHIBA CORPORATION) and Woojin Industrial Systems, Co., Ltd. among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In June 2020, Bombardier supplied the new 201 rolling stocks for the Kanpur and Agra Metro Rail project in India. The new rolling stocks are offered by the company for Indian market such as standard gauge cars with signalling system and train control. Through this new development company has strengthened their presence for India market.
- In October 2018, The cataract of 42 3000V-series subway cars for 7 car sets has been to Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. The Yokohama City Transportation Bureau awarded the contract valued around USD 65.00 million for city transport development. Existing rolling stock is getting replaced under this new agreement. Through this, the company enhanced their presence and service for the Japan Market.
Product launch, acquisition and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for rolling stock through product portfolio of the companies.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Rolling Stock Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.