Asia-Pacific Scleroderma Therapeutics Market By Type (Localized Scleroderma, Systemic Scleroderma), Treatment Type (Drug Treatment, Surgical Treatment, Therapy), End User (Hospital, Specialty Clinics, Homecare Settings, Others), Country (Japan, China, Australia, South Korea, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
The scleroderma is an auto-immune disease of unknown etiology and is characterized by fibrosis and microvascular injury in affected organs. In this disease, Raynaud’s phenomenon is an initial symptom and shows puffiness of fingers. There are two types of scleroderma - localized scleroderma and limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis. Localized sclerosis shows plaques of fibrotic skin and subcutaneous tissue which further occurs as linear fibrotic bands on extremities such as skin and deeper tissue. Hence, it has two types in localized scleroderma and they are morphea and linear scleroderma. As per the studies carried out by researchers, it has been found that the disease occurs due to the changes in certain parameter in environment or changes in certain gene in human. The symptoms involves in this disease is abnormalities on the skin, painful joints, morning stiffness, fatigue, and/or weight loss and many others.
There is no drug or treatment available to treat scleroderma but there are certain drugs available which can be used in treating the disease associated to scleroderma such as kidney disease, Heartburn (acid reflux), Raynaud's phenomenon and others. Some of them are aspirin, naproxen, ibuprofen and many others.
Asia-Pacific scleroderma therapeutics market is projected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Scleroderma Therapeutics Market
Asia-Pacific scleroderma therapeutics market is segmented into three notable segments such as type, treatment type, end user.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into localized scleroderma and systemic scleroderma
- In March 2019, Sanofi received FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved Dupixent (dupilumab) which is useful for moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis in adolescents. It is used for treating the skin related issues as it clears the skin and reduced itching in adolescents. With this approval the company has increased its portfolio and also increased its business bry provides product everywhere around the world.
- On the basis of treatment type, the market is segmented into drug treatment, surgery treatment and therapy
- In February 2018, Novartis's Sandoz division received U.S. approval for a larger dosage of its product called Glatopa drug which is useful for treatment of multiple sclerosis patients, approval of product reinforces company’s leadership in market.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospital, specialty clinics, homecare settings and others
- In May 2017, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its product Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab) subcutaneous injection that is useful for treatment of GCA. GCA chronic and severe autoimmune condition and Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab) is the first FDA approved treatment for GCA in adults. It is the 6th approval after its first U.S. launch in 2010.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Scleroderma Therapeutics Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Argentis Pharmaceuticals, LLC., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, AbbVie Inc., Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, ALLERGAN, viDA Therapeutics Inc., Novartis AG, Active Biotech AB., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., AstraZeneca, Daval International Limited and others.
- In December 2018, GlaxoSmithKline plc acquired TESARO (U.S.) for approximately USD 5100.O million. This huge amount of transaction has significantly strengthened GSK’s pharmaceutical business by accelerating GSK’s pipeline and commercial capability in oncology.
- In September 2017, AstraZeneca India set to expand its global medicines development group in Bengaluru. This helped in product and increase in late-stage and mature product portfolio. This has increased company’s strength in India where need for medicine is increasing.
- In September 2015, Pfizer Inc. acquired Hospira, Inc. who is a global leader in biosimilar. With this acquisition Pfizer Inc. increased their product portfolio, employees and presence. The company has strengthened their position by providing broadest and most diverse portfolios in market.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Scleroderma Therapeutics Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturer, Healthcare Professionals, Doctors, Nurses, Medical practitioners.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.