Asia-Pacific Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market, By Type (Reloxaliase, Thiazide Diuretics and Supplements), Drug Type (Prescription and Over the Counter), Population Type (Children and Adults), End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Home Healthcare and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy and Others), Country (Japan, China, Australia, India, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 67.3% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 8,346.46 million by 2028 from USD 216.90 million in 2020. Targeted treatment for secondary hyperoxaluria is in high demand and R&D investment in companies focusing on drug development are likely to be key drivers of the market for global secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
A multi-factorial disease which effect different organs and tissues caused by absorption of high oxalate concentration due to intestinal problems is known as secondary hyperoxaluria or at extreme stage known as enteric hyperoxaluria. This disease is connected highly with the diet and malabsorption caused by some disease as ingestion of oxalate or precursor of oxalate such as vitamin C is among the major cause of the disease. Oxalobacter formigenes, a bacterium which is known to be the critical factor for secondary hyperoxaluria uses oxalate as the key energy element for completing its functional requirement, plays an important role in occurrence of the disease. In this current global scenario of medication, antibiotics are among the top prescribed drugs. Using antibiotics, there is an impact seen on intestinal micro-environment as it hinder the gut flora and hence inhibits the colonization of this bacterium hence increase the risk of malabsorption which may lead to secondary hyperoxaluria.
Vitamin B6, calcium, magnesium and citrate supplement along with probiotics are prescribed in secondary hyperoxaluria with preventive care and availability of low oxalate food available in the market. The targeted treatment for secondary hyperoxaluria is in high demand, R&D investment in companies focusing on drug development, low dietary awareness in society and loss of oxalobacter formigenes due to increased usage of antibiotics are expected to drive the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market growth. Moreover, difficulty for maintaining low oxalate food and increasing number of bariatric surgery in the bolsters the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market growth.
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market report provides details of market share, new developments, and impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is categorized into five notable segments which are based on the type, drug type, population type, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug is segmented into reloxaliase, thiazide diuretics and supplements. In 2021, supplements segment is dominating the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as there is no targeted therapy available. However, some products are in the clinical trials and are expected to come to interstate commerce in near future. So management of the disease is done through supplements and dietary restrictions. Calcium supplements, magnesium supplements and other supplements serve as primary line of treatment along with dietary restrictions, fluid intake and probiotics which are used to maintain the gut flora.
- On the basis of drug type, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug is segmented into prescription and over the counter. In 2021, over the counter segment is dominating in the global secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as among all the products available for the treatment are generally supplements. After the successful diagnosis of the disease, the treatments suggested by physicians are available over the counter and a prescription is not necessary for these supplements to be consumed with regular diet owing to the reason for over the counter to dominate in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
- On the basis of population type, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug is segmented into children and adults. In 2021, adults segment is dominating in the global secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as the diagnosis for secondary hyperoxaluria adults is usually carried out for indications of kidney stone and high oxalate excretion in the urine along with UTI. The prevalence of kidney stones is uncommon in children and the number of cases for the disease is comparatively very low when compared with adults.
- On the basis of end user, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug is segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, home healthcare and others. In 2021, home healthcare segment is dominating the global secondary hyperoxaluria drug market owing to the fact that the current treatment comprises of supplements and thiazide diuretics. These treatment products are taken by patients at home without the help of any medical professional and supervision hence dominating the segment of the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the secondary hyperoxaluria drug is segmented into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies and others. In 2021, retail pharmacies segment is dominating in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market as the numbers of these pharmacies are very high and increasing with year passing. They cater to majority of patients for buying drugs in traditional consumer purchase style. Moreover, retail pharmacies are focusing on broadening their services for better customer service.
Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market Country Level Analysis
The secondary hyperoxaluria drug market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, drug type, population type, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market report are Japan, China, Australia, India, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Asia-Pacific is expected to grow with the CAGR in the forecasted periods as in the Asia-Pacific’s countries demand for secondary hyperoxaluria drug product is increasing very rapidly with the urbanization and availability of products. Japan is expected to dominate in the market in the Asia-Pacific market. Japan is one of the leading countries to inculcate secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Number of Bariatric Surgery and Rising Disposable Income are Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market
Secondary hyperoxaluria drug market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with secondary hyperoxaluria product sales, impact of advancement in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the secondary hyperoxaluria drug market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market Share Analysis
Secondary hyperoxaluria drug market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
The major companies providing secondary hyperoxaluria drug market are Nestlé, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Bayer AG, Pharmavite, Solgar Inc., Mission Pharmacal Company, Oystershell, Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Celebrate Vitamins, Entring, LLC, OxThera, Renew Life Formulas, Inc., Synlogic, TIENS, Amway Corp., Infinitus (China), Now Foods, Nature's Bounty, among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
The strategic initiatives by market players with capital investment for secondary hyperoxaluria is bridging the gap between secondary hyperoxaluria and its drugs.
- In November 2020, Bayer AG announced to start a G4A Digital health partnership program with the four new start-ups with a focus on cardio metabolic and renal disease, oncology and women’s health. This partnership is to shape the future of healthcare and to support the start-ups and will increase the strategic business development for the company.
- In August 2020, Nurish by Naturemade a brand of Pharmavite announced a first of its kind collaboration with Walgreens for the development of personalized vitamins and supplements through Walgreens. This development will help the company to fill the individual nutrient gap and will help in promoting the future growth of the company.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the secondary hyperoxaluria drug which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for secondary hyperoxaluria drug market.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Secondary Hyperoxaluria Drug Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.