Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market, By Wafer Size (2-Inch, 4-Inch, 6-Inch and Above), Device (SiC Discrete Devices and SiC Bare Die), Application (Power Grid Device, Industrial Motor Drive, EV Motor Drive, RF Device & Cellular Base Station, Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Flexible AC Transmission Systems, High-Voltage, Direct Current, Electronic Combat System, Lighting Control, EV Charging, Power Supply and Inverter, Flame Detector and Others), Industry (Telecommunication, Energy & Power, Renewable Power Generation, Automotive, Power Electronics, Defense and Others), Country (Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
The silicon carbide wafers market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 24.9% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach 157,938 units by 2027. Rising demand of SIC wafer in the power electronics is major factor driving the market.
Silicon carbide wafers refer to the type of semiconductor that contains carbon and silicon which operates at very high voltage and temperature. Silicon carbide wafers can be used in producing a strong as well as very hard material. Silicon carbide wafers can be implemented in various sectors such as telecommunication, energy & power, automotive, renewable power generation and in other different areas. They are basically considered due to higher maximum thermal conductive properties that has widened the area of application.
The rising production of semiconductor that are further used in various electrical and electronics applications such as transistors, solar cells and LEDs is driving the silicon carbide wafers market growth. As most of the semiconductors need to transform the electrical states of electrons to move them through specific bands, this technology makes low-energy electrons tunnel that help in direct movement of the electrons through the insulating material of the electronics. Though this technology will take time to challenge the already existing semiconductor industry, but it will definitely spark a revolution and may restraint the growth of semiconductors and the materials used in it such as SiC wafers in the silicon carbide wafers market.
This silicon carbide wafers market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the silicon carbide wafers market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The silicon carbide wafers market is segmented on the basis of wafer size, device, application and industry. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of wafer size, the silicon carbide wafers market has been segmented into 2 inch, 4 inch and 6 inch and above. In 2020, 4 inch segment has been accounted for the largest market share due to the growing usage in the numerous devices such as optoelectronics devices, high power devices, high-temperature devices, and high-frequency power devices.
- On the basis of device, the silicon carbide wafers market has been segmented into SiC discrete devices and SiC bare die. In 2020, SIC discrete devices segment has been accounted for the largest market share due to the growing usage of SIC discrete in the semiconductor.
- On the basis of application, the silicon carbide wafers market has been segmented into power grid device, industrial motor drive, EV motor drive, RF device & cellular base station, solar energy, wind energy, flexible AC transmission systems, high-voltage, direct current, electronic combat system, lighting control, EV charging, power supply and inverter, flame detector and others. In 2020, power grid device segment has been accounted for the largest market share due to the growing concern for improving efficiency of energy has increase the implementation of power grid.
- On the basis of industry, the silicon carbide wafers market has been segmented into telecommunication, energy & power, renewable power generation, automotive, power electronics, defense and others. In 2020, telecommunication segment is dominating because of the growing usage of products that saves huge costs which boosts the demand of the silicon carbide wafers market.
Silicon Carbide Wafers Market Country Level Analysis
The silicon carbide wafers market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, wafer size, device, application and industry as referenced above.
The countries covered in silicon carbide wafers market report are Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China accounted largest market share is due to growing production of electric vehicles in the China has result in increasing the demand for SIC wafer in the automotive industry.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Sales of Wafer in the Semiconductor Industry
The silicon carbide wafers market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in silicon carbide wafers and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the silicon carbide wafers market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Silicon Carbide Wafers Market Share Analysis
The silicon carbide wafers market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to silicon carbide wafers market.
The major players covered in the report are Cree, Inc., SK HOLDINGS CO., LTD., Latent Technologies Inc., Silicon Valley Microelectronics, Inc., II-VI Incorporated, MTI Corporation, CETC Solar Energy Holdings Co., Ltd., AMERICAN ELEMENTS, STMicroelectronics, TankeBlue CO,. LTD., OSTECH Co.,Ltd,, SYNLIGHT, SICRYSTAL GMBH, SICC MATERIALS CO., LTD., Semiconductor Wafer Inc., Stanford Advanced Materials, SICOXS CORPORATION, PI-KEM LIMITED, Entegris., ATECOM TECHNOLOGY, CO. LTD. and SHOWA DENKO K.K., ROHM CO., LTD., ABB, SEMIKRON, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors., Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited, Micron Technology, Inc., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated Asia-Pacific players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of silicon carbide wafers market.
- In October 2020, SEMIKRON had announced the proposal of SEMIKRON Young Engineer Award as well as for SEMIKRON Innovation Award that is to be honored by SEMIKRON Foundation. The announcement helps in widening of the production capacity that generates the revenue of the business.
- In April 2020, Infineon Technologies AG had announced the acquisition with the semiconductor corporation named as Cypress which helps in offering the consumer’s comprehensive portfolio. The announcement helps in increasing the product portfolio of the business and increases customer base of the company
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for silicon carbide wafers market through expanded product range.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.