Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market, By Wafer Size (2 Inch, 4 Inch, 6-Inch and Above), Device (SiC Discrete Devices, SiC Bare Die), Application (Power Grid Device, RF Device & Cellular Base Station, Flexible AC Transmission Systems, High-Voltage, Direct Current, Electronic Combat System, Lighting Control, Power Supply and Inverter, Industrial Motor Drive, EV Charging, EV Motor Drive, Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Flame Detector, Others), Industry (Telecommunication, Energy & Power, Power Electronics, Automotive, Renewable Power Generation, Defense, Others), Country (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong
& Rest of Asia-Pacific), Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market
Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 23.4% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and expected to reach USD 1,731,162.22 thousand by 2029.
Silicon carbide wafers refer to the type of semiconductor that contains carbon and silicon, which operates at very high voltage and temperature. Silicon carbide wafers can be used in producing a strong as well as a very hard material. Silicon carbide wafers can be implemented in various sectors such as telecommunication, energy & power, automotive, renewable power generation, and in different other areas. They are basically considered due to higher maximum thermal conductive properties that have widened the area of application. Silicon carbide wafers are the devices that are considered being high-frequency power devices that are majorly applicable in wireless communications.
The major factors that are expected to drive the growth of the silicon carbide wafers market are increasing usage of power electronics and shifting towards renewable energy generation, fuelling demand for silicon carbide wafers products. On the other hand, the release of poisonous gases during production may act as a major restraint for the silicon carbide wafers market. Increasing demand for silicon carbide for EV power electronics is expected to create opportunities for the growth of the market. However, a shift towards gallium nitride wafers in semiconductor applications may act as a major challenge for the growth of the market.
This Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is segmented into four notable segments based on wafer size, device, applications and industries.
- On the basis of wafer size, the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is segmented into 2 inch, 4 inch, and 6-inch and above. In 2022, the 4 inch segment is expected to dominate the market as among all diameter wafers sizes, 4 inches is the most cost-effective silicon wafer size and is considered more in the semiconductor industry.
- On the basis of device, the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is segmented into sic discrete devices and sic bare die. In 2022, SiC discrete devices segment is expected to dominate the market as these devices refer to the type of low-loss semiconductors available with the high-voltage performance, high-frequency, along with the superior amount of high-temperature in comparison to the silicon.
- On the basis of application, the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is segmented into power grid device, industrial motor drive, EV motor drive, RF device & cellular base station, solar energy, wind energy, flexible AC transmission systems, high-voltage, direct current, electronic combat system, lighting control, EV charging, power supply and inverter, flame detector, and others. In 2022, the power grid device segment is expected to dominate the market as Silicon carbide wafer is widely used in power grid devices due to the need of operating at high voltages of more than 10,000 V to 15,000 V.
- On the basis of industry, the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is segmented into telecommunication, energy & power, renewable power generation, automotive, power electronics, defense, and others. In 2022, the telecommunication segment is expected to dominate the market as there is an increasing need for efficiency in power electronic devices for optimization and cost-saving, and this is expected to drive the development and adoption of efficient semiconductors such as SiC.
Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by the country, wafer size, device, application and industry.
The countries covered in the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market report are China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, and the rest of the Asia-Pacific.
China is expected to dominate the market in the Asia-Pacific region due to the increasing usage of power electronics and increasing application of SiC substrates over silicon substrates.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Silicon Carbide Wafers
Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the industry with sales, components sales, the impact of technological development in silicon carbide wafers, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Silicon carbide wafers market. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Asia-Pacific Silicon Carbide Wafers Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific Silicon carbide wafers market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies' focus related to the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market.
Some of the major players operating in the report are silicon carbide wafers market are WOLFSPEED, INC., II-VI Incorporated, MTI Corporation, CETC Solar Energy Holdings Co., Ltd., American Elements, STMicroelectronics, TankeBlue CO., LTD., Synlight, SICC Materials Co., Ltd., PI-KEM Limited, Entegris, SHOWA DENKO K.K., Atecom Technology Co., Ltd, Latent Technologies, ROHM CO., LTD., Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, Infineon Technologies AG, SEMIKRON, SK siltron Co., Ltd. (A Subsidiary of SK HOLDINGS CO., LTD.), Xiamen Powerway Advanced Material Co., Ltd., Homeray Material Technology, Renesas Electronics Corporation, TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION, WeEn Semiconductors, Microchip Technology Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, Ferrotec Holdings Corporation, Alpha Power Solutions Ltd, SiCrystal GmbH, among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the growth of the Asia-Pacific silicon carbide wafers market.
- In January 2021, WOLFSPEED, INC. announced the launch of Wolfspeed WolfPACK power modules. With this new product, the company provided increased efficiency to electric vehicle fast charging and solar markets. The new modules delivered maximum efficiency in easy-to-use packages that allowed designers to significantly increase efficiency and performance with smaller, more scalable power systems
- In August 2020, II-VI Incorporated agreed to acquire Ascatron AB, a leading provider of silicon carbide epitaxial wafer and power electronics devices, by the end of 2020. The company also planned to buy all the shares of INNOViON Corporation for silicon and compound semiconductor devices. These acquisitions will help the company to expand its business by complementing SiC substrate portfolio
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company's market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for an organization to improve their offering for Silicon carbide wafers through an expanded range of sizes.