Asia-Pacific Smoke Detector Market, By Power Source (Battery Powered, Hardwired with Battery Backup and Hardwired without Battery Backup), Product Type (Photoelectric Smoke Detector, Ionization Smoke Detector, Dual Sensor Smoke Detector and Others), Service (Engineering Services, Installation and Design Services, Maintenance Services, Managed Services and Other Services), End Use (Commercial, Residential, Oil & Gas and Mining, Transportation and Logistics, Telecommunication, Manufacturing and Others), Country (China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Smoke Detector Market
Asia-Pacific smoke detector market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 9.7% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 930.56 million by 2028. Increase in consumption of internet services is acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
Smoke detectors are the electronic fire protection devices that automatically senses the presence of smoke for key indication of fire and alerts a warning sign to building occupants. Fires can occur in a variety of ways and in any property. Smoke detectors is the first key step towards safety of lives and properties. There are two basic types of smoke detectors namely photoelectric (optical) and ionization. A photoelectric smoke detector is a type of smoke detector which consists of a source of infrared, visible, or ultraviolet light that’s is a light emitting diode and a light sensitive sensor arranged inside a chamber. Ionization smoke detector is a type of smoke detector which uses a small amount of radioactive material to ionize air in an internal sensing chamber.
Some of the factors which are driving the market are rising safety concerns due to fire accidents, and emerging trend of smart homes and buildings. High cost for installation and upgradability of smoke detectors to connected system or IoT is restraining the Asia-Pacific smoke detector market growth. Growing adoption of IoT Technology in smoke detectors and rising investment in the construction industry are some of the factors which are opening lucrative opportunity for the market. Complexities involved in designing to reduce false alarms is acting as a major challenge for the market growth.
This smoke detector market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Smoke Detector Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific smoke detector market is segmented on the basis of power source, product type, service and end use. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of power source, the Asia-Pacific smoke detector market is segmented into battery powered, hardwired with battery backup and hardwired without battery backup. In 2021, hardwired with battery backup is expected to dominate the market as hardwired with battery backup smoke detector does not need to be replaced frequently because of exhausted battery or disposition of battery chemicals in the enclosure of the smoke detector. Therefore, the demand for hardwired with battery backup smoke detector is gaining popularity among the customers of regions such as China, Japan and others.
- On the basis of product type, the Asia-Pacific smoke detector market has been segmented into photoelectric smoke detector, ionization smoke detector, dual sensor smoke detector and others. In 2021, photoelectric smoke detector is expected to dominate the market, as photoelectric smoke detector were capable of detecting cause of fire deaths from smouldering fires and Photoelectric detection is better for extreme harsh environment due to which there is huge adoption of photoelectric smoke detector amongst the Asian customers.
- On the basis of service, Asia-Pacific smoke detector market has been segmented into engineering services, installation and design services, maintenance services, managed services and other services. In 2021, maintenance services is expected to dominate the market, due to factors such increasing demand for routine servicing and maintenance of smoke detector from the various sectors across the Asia-Pacific region.
- On the basis of end use, Asia-Pacific smoke detector market has been segmented into commercial, residential, oil & gas and mining, transportation and logistics, telecommunication, manufacturing and others. In 2021, commercial is expected to dominate the market as rapid development in the commercial construction and rise in number of fire accidents in production sites across the countries such as China, Japan and others is attributing to the high growth of market in the residential sector.
Asia-Pacific Smoke Detector Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific smoke detector market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, power source, product type, service and end use.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific smoke detector market report are, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, and Rest of Asia-Pacific
China is expected to dominate the Asia-Pacific smoke detector market due to the presence of large number of smoke detectors suppliers and providers and increasing adoption of smart smoke detection technologies.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Expanding demand for High Bandwidth Communication
Asia-Pacific smoke detector market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in smoke detector and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Asia-Pacific smoke detector market. The data is available for historic period of 2010-2019.
Competitive Landscape and Asia-Pacific Smoke Detector Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific smoke detector market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific smoke detector market.
The major players covered in the report Honeywell International, Inc., Siemens, ABB, Schneider Electric, Carrier, Analog Devices, Inc., Emerson Electric Co., Robert Bosch GmbH, Mircom Group of Companies, BRK Brands, Inc., Johnson Controls, HOCHIKI Corporation., SECOM CO., LTD,Protec Fire & Security Group Ltd, ADT INC, Securiton AG, Universal Security Instruments, Inc., GENTEX CORPORATION among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of Asia-Pacific smoke detector market.
- In November 2020, Johnson Controls launched a Smart Fire Sprinkler Monitoring Solution. This new solution will monitor and detect breakout of fire using smart sensors distributed across the building and control the fire outbreak using water sprinklers. This was first of its kind as this solution provides all round early detection and security. This product can help in gaining trust of the customers with the early detection feature which will help in expansion of market for the company.
- In July 2020, Carrier through its brand Kidde announced launch of New Multi-Criteria Smoke Detector, Achieves Early Compliance to 2021 UL Safety Standard. This UL standard incorporates three new tests, including a cooking nuisance alarm test and two polyurethane foam tests. These new tests better represent the smoke profiles and behaviour of modern building fires and are designed to give building occupants enough time to abandon safely. This has helped the company to enhance their offerings in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for smoke detector through expanded range of size.