Asia-Pacific Solid Phase Extraction Market By Type (SPE Cartridge, SPE Disk, Others), Application (Pharmaceuticals, Environmental, Food & Beverage Industry, Biological Fluids, Others), Country (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026Solid phase extraction is a technique used for the sample preparation through which compounds suspended or dissolved in the liquid sample are isolated from mixture of other compounds by their physical or chemical characteristics. It is widely used in the analytical laboratories for the separation and elution of the desired compounds from complex mixture. It gives highly efficient extraction of the particles with less usage of solvent and giving accurate results. It is a well-established technique widely applicable for bioanalytical tests in various industries such as pharmaceutical, healthcare, environmental and food and beverage industries.
The growth of the solid phase extraction market is driven by the extensive usage in clinical, industrial, biological, food and beverages sample, marine industry, and others. Furthermore, the main advantage of any type of solid phase extraction is that the solution or the sample can be stored for a longer period of time without any change in its concentration or identity.
Asia-Pacific solid phase extraction market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 6.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Asia-Pacific Solid Phase Extraction Market
The Asia-Pacific solid phase extraction market is segmented into two notable segments which are type and application.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into SPE Cartridge, SPE Disk, and other.
- In February 2019, 3M announced to complete the acquisition of M*Modal’s technology business which will provide cloud-based, conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered systems so that they can expand the capabilities of Healthcare sector. This will help them to spend more time with their patients and help in improving them and provide best quality of care.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into pharmaceuticals, environmental, food & beverage industry, biological fluids, others.
- In July 2019, after the acquisition of the VWR in year 2017, the company introduced logo and visual identity. This will help in giving the company a better position in the market and provide better products, services and solutions in the life sciences and advanced technology industries.
Competitive Analysis: Asia-Pacific Solid Phase Extraction Market
Some of the major players operating in this market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., WATERS, MERCK & CO.,INC., 3M, S*Pure Pte Ltd, JASCO, Phenomenex Inc., Restek Corporation, MACHEREY-NAGEL GmbH & Co. KG, Orochem Technologies Inc., Avantor, Inc., United Chemical Technologies, ANPEL and others.
- In April 2018, Phenomenex Inc. launched a new product Strata-X-Drug B Plus for urine drug testing and forensic toxicology labs. This new feature of product will enable an enzyme hydrolysis to be carried out directly in the microplate well and it will also reduce transfer steps and cost. It will meet the demand of drug’s testing labs.
- In January 2018, Waters Corporation launched Waters Oasis PRiME MCX Cartridges and 96-Well Plates which will remove 99% of phospholipids very quickly as compared to the traditional mixed-mode solid phase extraction (SPE) products. It will also help the scientists in analysing and improving robustness in the methodology and increase the instrument uptime.
- In September 2018, Shimadzu Corporation launched three models of GCMS NX series gas chromatograph mass spectrometers which has the feature of high accuracy and high sensitivity. It will also help in improving efficiency by reducing standby time. It will also help in providing ease for maintenance.
- In May 2017, Phenomenex Inc. opened a new manufacturing facility for the gas chromatography (GC) columns. It will be a 15,000-square-foot facility which will be designed and renovated specifically for the company in the location of suburb of El Dorado Hills.
- In August 2016, United Chemical Technologies launched Ultra Flash Purification columns at 252nd American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition. The company featured its 3 distinct lines including standard silica/bonded phase columns, column stacking and ILOK format columns conducive for manual assembly. This helped the company in marketing its product to larger audience coming from all around the world.
Research Methodology: Asia-Pacific Solid Phase Extraction Market
Primary Respondents: Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Researchers, Distributors and Food Industrialists. Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.