Asia-Pacific Tracheostomy Products Market, By Product Type (Tracheostomy Tubes, Tracheostomy Catheter, Tracheostomy Clean & Care Kits, Tracheostomy Oxygen Mask, Collar, Tracheostomy Dressing, Tracheostomy Ventilation Accessories, Cannula and Others), Technique (Surgical Tracheostomy, Translaryngeal/Fantoni Tracheostomy and Percutaneous Dilatational Tracheostomy), Type (Closed System and Open System) Material (Silicone, Polymer and Others), Age Group (Neonatal, Pediatric, Adult and Geriatric), Usability (Disposable and Reusable), End User (Hospitals and Surgery Centers, Long Term Assisted Care, Outpatient Clinic, Rehabilitation Centers, Research Laboratories and Academic Institutes and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender and Retail Sales), Country (Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Tracheostomy products market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 79,843.38 thousand by 2027.
Rising incidence of chronic diseases across the world, increased demand of tracheostomy products for respiratory disorders and surge in the geriatric populations are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Tracheostomy is a surgically developed conduit through the trachea and across the front of the neck. A tube is placed in the hole which allows the patient to breathe. This allows the air to enter the lung, avoids the nose, mouth and throat and removes the lung secretions. In severe cases, tracheostomy is permanent, but the hole is blocked if it is no longer necessary. This operation could lead to variety of complications such as bleeding, irreversible vocal damage and infections among more. Tracheostomy is performed for the patients with neck cancer, neck injuries, chronic lung diseases, long-term care of ventilation and vocal cord paralysis among others.
Incidence of laryngeal or throat cancer and sedentary living are the growing factors that lead to growth of the global market in tracheostomy products. Increased demand for home care and access to treatment services also drives market development. However, the lack of knowledge of such modern treatment technologies and high cost of surgical procedures through tracheostomy are hindering the growth of the industry.
The tracheostomy products market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Tracheostomy products market is segmented on the basis of product type, technique, type, material, age group, usability, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into tracheostomy tubes, tracheostomy catheter, tracheostomy clean & care kits, tracheostomy oxygen mask, collar, tracheostomy dressing, tracheostomy ventilation accessories, cannula and others. In 2020, Tracheostomy tubes segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market due to increasing demand with the development of safe and effective techniques, increasing number of procedures, and the availability of qualified surgeons. In case of permanent tracheostomies, tracheostomy tubes need to be changed every 3-7 days depending on age group and type of surgery. Moreover, the cost of tracheostomy tubes is higher as compared to other compared to other products due to higher usage of silicone.
- On the basis of technique, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into surgical tracheostomy, translaryngeal/fantoni tracheostomy and percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy. In 2020, percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market due to the considerable benefits of the technique such as effectiveness and safety, reduced procedure time, and faster healing.
- On the basis of type, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into closed system and open system. In 2020, closed system segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market due to various advantages over open systems such has lower cost, reduced respiratory pollution and pulmonary infections. Several high-efficiency products are available in the market to meet the demand. Closed systems are easy to easier to use as compared to open systems as it needs one nurse only. Closed systems are preferred by healthcare providers as the caregiver would not be infected by patient’s endotracheal tube secretions.
- On the basis of material, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into silicone, polymer and others. In 2020, silicone segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market due to high cost of the material as compared to other materials. The high quality tracheostomy tubes and catheters used in tracheostomy are made of silicone.
- On the basis of age group, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric. In 2020, geriatric segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market due to higher prevalence of tracheostomies across this age group. Various studies show that a significant share of tracheostomies performed across this age group is permanent.
- On the basis of usability, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into disposable and reusable. In 2020, disposable segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market because of high adoption of disposable tracheostomy product as they reduced the risk of infection due to improper sterilization.
- On the basis of end users, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into hospitals and surgery centers, long term assisted care, outpatient clinic, rehabilitation centers, research laboratories and academic institutes and others. In 2020, hospitals and surgery centers segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market because of the need of intensive care unit (ICU) for performing the surgery. Hospitals and Surgery Centers are capable of providing pre-operative and post-operative procedures more efficiently as compares to other end users. Moreover, the capacity of hospitals is significantly higher as compared to those of other institutions performing tracheostomy procedures.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the tracheostomy products market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2020, direct tenders segment is dominating the tracheostomy products market as the primary source of procurement in hospitals. With the increasing cost of healthcare, hospitals are focusing on better services for customers along with reducing the overall cost. Procurement of tracheostomy products and accessories through direct tender is highly cost effective for healthcare providers as they are bought in under terms of contract for service at a relatively lower cost.
Tracheostomy Products Market Country Level Analysis
The tracheostomy products market is analysed and market size information is provided by product type, technique, type, material, age group, usability, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the tracheostomy products market report are the Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow with the most promising growth rate in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 because of increasing awareness regarding tracheostomy. China is dominating the Asia-Pacific market due to rising incidence of COPD and emergence of COVID-19.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Funding in Research & Testing Labs is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Tracheostomy Products Market
Tracheostomy products market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with Tracheostomy products sales, impact of advancement in the Tracheostomy products and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Tracheostomy products market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Tracheostomy products Market Share Analysis
Tracheostomy products market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to Tracheostomy products market.
The major players covered in the report are Medtronic, Cook, Henan Tuoren Medical Device Co., Ltd., Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited, Medis Medical (UK) Ltd, Pulmodyne, Inc., Fuji Systems, Sterimed Group, Angiplast, ConvaTec Group PLC, Smiths Medical (A subsidiary of Smiths Group plc), TRACOE medical GmbH, Teleflex Incorporated and Well Lead Medical Co.,Ltd, among more domestic and Asia-Pacific players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the tracheostomy products market.
- In August 2017, Well Lead Medical Co.,Ltd. exhibited its innovative products at ESA 2017 in Geneva. This product exhibition done by the company has increased the demand for its product in the market leading to increased sales in future.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the tracheostomy products market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for tracheostomy products.